Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Van park ups

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey,

We're currently living in our van and really want to do a ski season. We were looking at maybe Tirol as the season pass covers such a huge area, but does anybody have any advice on where the best place to do a ski season in a van is? We're on a pretty tight budget and want to stay for the whole season so spa campsites are out of the question!

Thanks in advance!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Austria is tricky. Nowhere near as accomodating as other countries from what I understand.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's a good value place in La Plagne by the look of it - been tempted myself as it's right on the piste and one lift goes right by it

http://www.parkinglaplagne.com/sags/sejour_2.php?parking=caravaneige
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Valley Maurienne france has a good range of ski areas on one pass (ref Val Cenis) that may suit. There's alot of camping facilities in the valley and this one comes in searching https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=9213 that's open all year.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Forget Austria, France is easiest and has the most places. The maximum you would have to budget there would be 10 euros a night without including free stops. It's the ski passes that will cost you most.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks so much for your advice! Would you go for something like the Portes du Soleil Ski Resort pass in France, or would you suggest just buying passes as you go?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you plan to move around in France look at ski a la carte - https://www.skialacarte.fr/FrontOffice/
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@rayandrob, If you're gonna do 88 days and you have DEEP pockets, you could move around a bit.
Though it's an expensive option as the break even point for daily pass versus season pass is around 20 days.
You could easily do 100+ days in any of the big domains like PdS as you mention - after all thats what seasonaires do (did) and they would also return season after season, so one domain is probably fine, though if you had enough money you could do 20 days PdS, 20 days EK, 20 days GM, 20 days Cham Valley, Para etc ...
But as your budget is tight then pick a big domain and go for it.
If you're under 26 the PdS pass is only €463 at the moment, or €897 if over 26. The prices go up on Nov 16th.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@rayandrob, You should really stick to the designated campsites, but if you can't, then please be respectful, and park up where you're definitely allowed to stay overnight. Unfortunately the illegal campers just give other motorhome users a bad name. The Morzine gendarmes stopped me on the way in and wanted to know where I was heading, and I could tell they weren't pleased to see me! There are good aires in Les Gets and Chapelle d’Abondance and someone has written a handy guide to motorhoming in the PDS https://www.winterised.com/ultimate-guide-to-motorhome-skiing-in-the-portes-du-soleil/
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@jellylegs, Were you in a motorhome or a converted van?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BoardieK wrote:
@jellylegs, Were you in a motorhome or a converted van?

Motorhome.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Maybe they were overrun that week? We've never been looked at by the police approaching any resort in any country. Morzine aire was rammed and had a lot of semi permanent vans when we stopped at the service point early last year so we went on to Les Gets for 4 or 5 days then up to Avoriaz for the same as the weather was nice.

ps. Link to previous thread. https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=29307&highlight=motorhome
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Check this out, list of van parking spots across Europe https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4846072#4846072
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thank you so much for all the advice, we have decided to go with Portes du Soleil! Hope to see some of you out there!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy