Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria COVID jab within 9 months

Poster: A snowHead
Being told that Austria now requires proof of a COVID jab with 9 months not 12months
https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information

That’s all well and good but for anyone who has had the 2nd dose longer than 9 months ago (a lot of front line NHS) they will have most likely had the booster(3rd dose) but this does not appear on your COVID passport.
We are travelling to Austria on 13th December and unfortunately mrs mogul is in this situation.

Calls to Gp, Inghams etc on Monday to find out what proof we can get of the booster being given but would be grateful of any thoughts on this.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There has been a lot of discussion about this on the travel to Austria chat. Paper proof of vaccination is accepted in Austria, even in English. So do not worry about digital apps, just bring the paper proof of vaccination.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am sure there is a wealth of information online but I doubt if your GPs can help you. Enough to get on with there. Try 119

You can find proof of the booster on the NHS app under GP health record; Medicines. However this may not help as mentioned boosters not recognised!!! And you cannot print it out from the App unlike the initial two doses/travel passes

I must say I agree with the Austrians approach of no longer recognising PCR tests. That will discourage the unvaccinated travelling. The merits of the a certificate of recovery is arguable.

Hopefully the App will update to include the booster withthe Travel Pass.

I had a week off-piste booked in St Anton in January but cancelled it as my knee was playing up post meniscectomy (now sorted). Am grateful I did as had by second jab in January (althouh now boostered).

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sun 14-11-21 11:02; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Problem is that the NHS have not issued any type of documentation for the booster.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So when you have a vaccination in the UK there is no paper proof with the product number? Puzzled
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Mankei, nope. Entry on the NHS app just saying what sort if vax, no product or batch details
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes, my wife is in the same boat. She’s asked (at the suggestion of a fellow SH) our GP if she’ll write her a certificate. But we are yet to hear back.

My 270 days is half way through our trip to Mayrhofen, and there is - as it stands - no prospect of a booster for me so I think we may end up cancelling the trip.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@MogulMonkey, there has been an awful lot of discussion over this around here for the past two weeks. One member @chris_n , who is resident in Austria has pointed out a form available from the Austrian embassy which you get your GP to fill in to sort this.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rjj501 wrote:
Yes, my wife is in the same boat. She’s asked (at the suggestion of a fellow SH) our GP if she’ll write her a certificate. But we are yet to hear back.

My 270 days is half way through our trip to Mayrhofen, and there is - as it stands - no prospect of a booster for me so I think we may end up cancelling the trip.

How is there no booster for you?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@MogulMonkey, From the other thread, this may be of use: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=153006&start=3400#4849692
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
MogulMonkey wrote:
Problem is that the NHS have not issued any type of documentation for the booster.

My doctor told me, that this was because the NHS had only purchased two fields regarding Covid vaccination, from the database developers! rolling eyes
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Further to the above post, this link was posted on the other thread which seems to be an approved form for certifying you have had a vaccination in the relevant timeframe:

https://www.bmeia.gv.at/fileadmin/user_upload/Vertretungen/London/Impfbestaetigung_Sept_2021_B.pdf

I plan to get this completed (luckily I can do it via work) if the NHS app doesn't have sufficient proof of third vaccine before I goto Austria mid Jan.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've raised this everywhere in Wales. Same issue in England and the booster does not appear in the app or Covid pass (YET) I suspect this will miraculously happen when the issue affects a cabinet minister and their family.
I've printed off my booster details in a PDF form from my medication list. I can access this via me electronic GP records from home.
It is unfolding all the time, but if it is looking like the official Austrian form needs to be completed then I will probably take the details of my first 2 jabs (available on the NHS Covid Pass) and my third, and ask for a private GP service to complete the form for a fee. I'm not going to bother my NHS GP with this.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Kllew26, the Austrian form does not need to be completed. It is only a reasonably useful means of presenting information if you can't get it by any other means. As you have proof of booster in PDF form you don't need the Austrian form.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
My GP records on my NHS app, clearly shows the dates for all 3 of my covid vacs. No batch numbers granted but that'll be enough until the whip around at NHS digital to purchase another data field
snow report
I'm really confused by the information around the one shot J&J. Some websites say it's not accepted beyond Jan 3rd, a booster is required and others saying it's not accepted beyond Jan 3rd if it's over 9 months since the jab Puzzled

I got mine in July, planning a trip to Austria in January. I'm going to chase up with GP to get a booster to be on the safe side
snow report
joe1978 wrote:
My GP records on my NHS app, clearly shows the dates for all 3 of my covid vacs. No batch numbers granted but that'll be enough until the whip around at NHS digital to purchase another data field

I hope so, my app also clearly shows my booster a month ago, just don't have the QR code or any such thing, following carefully as we travel 15/01/21 and my second jab 9 months is up at the end of December.
snow report
@Mr.Egg, I’m not old enough, so I’m not entitled. My wife gets one as she’s NHS frontline.
latest report
shredder wrote:
I'm really confused by the information around the one shot J&J. Some websites say it's not accepted beyond Jan 3rd, a booster is required and others saying it's not accepted beyond Jan 3rd if it's over 9 months since the jab Puzzled

I got mine in July, planning a trip to Austria in January. I'm going to chase up with GP to get a booster to be on the safe side

It's only valid until the end of the 2nd Jan forget any 9 month reports they aren't true.
snow report
rjj501 wrote:
@Mr.Egg, I’m not old enough, so I’m not entitled. My wife gets one as she’s NHS frontline.

Something does not add up here.

Let's take April 1st 2022, then - 270 days = 5th July 2021
Anyone who received a 2nd vaccine after 5th July should be OK all the way up to the 1st April Date.
Current announced booster program is 50+ & soon 40-49
Anyone who received 2nd vaccine before 5th July would fall in the current booster program announced. 50+, or 40-49

There would be very few 30-39 year olds who would have had their 2nd vaccine before 5th July without being in another priority group, unless they jumped the line when people was getting jabbed to use up doses.
The 30-39 boosters will more than likely come after 40-49 & 16-18yr olds anyway. Probably by early January.

Where do you fall out of scope of what has been announced?
ski holidays
@Mr.Egg, I think it’s very wrong to assume that few 30-39 year olds had their 2nd jab before 5th July. I had mine on 4th July, and I was the last amongst those I knew. Aneurin Bevan Health Board were quite some way further than other Welsh health boards who were generally much further ahead of their English counterparts.

There hasn’t, to my knowledge, been any suggestion of those aged 30-39 receiving booster jabs at all.
latest report
Looks like Austria have provided updated info since I started this thread..and reverted back to the 360 days for the double jab, or270 days for the single jab.

3) Evidence of vaccination against COVID-19 with a vaccine listed in Appendix C, if the following conditions are met:
a) second vaccination not more than 360 days ago, with at least 14 days between 1 and second vaccination or
b) 21 days have passed after a vaccination which requires only one dose (Johnson & Johnson), which is not older than 270 days or

https://www.bmeia.gv.at/en/austrian-embassy-london/travelling-to-austria/coronavirus-covid-19-and-travel-abroad/
snow conditions
@MogulMonkey, that’s only for entry. If you want to do anything when you get here, this bit near the bottom applies:
Quote:
Please be aware that Austria introduced a “lockdown for unvaccinated people” on 15 November 2021: people without proof of a full vaccination (last vaccination administered less than 270 days ago) or recovery are only permitted to leave their homes for certain reasons, including work, education, essential activities (grocery shopping, pharmacy, medical appointments) and outdoor exercise. These people are prohibited from entering restaurants, theaters, concerts, cinemas etc. and shops which do not sell essential items (e.g. clothing, hardware stores).
ski holidays
@Scarlet, and the uk government were criticised for creating confusion.. Eh oh! Eh oh! .. feeling like I need to be a code breaker to understand what the situation is without all the BS that goes with it.. do I sound like a frustrated traveller?
ski holidays
@MogulMonkey, don’t worry about it, the govt is coming in for heavy criticism from its own citizens, because nobody knows what’s going on here either! Ministers are briefing against each other, official websites can’t keep up, and the population is totally confused about what applies where, when and to whom! Total shitshow is a bit of an understatement!
snow report
rjj501 wrote:
@Mr.Egg, I think it’s very wrong to assume that few 30-39 year olds had their 2nd jab before 5th July. I had mine on 4th July, and I was the last amongst those I knew. Aneurin Bevan Health Board were quite some way further than other Welsh health boards who were generally much further ahead of their English counterparts.

There hasn’t, to my knowledge, been any suggestion of those aged 30-39 receiving booster jabs at all.

Ok,
So I used April 1st as an example, since most of the season is over by then. I guess as long as your trip ends by 31st March 2022, you are within the 270 days?
If not, then you still got a 4 month window for the Gov to announce a booster for 30+
ski holidays
@Mr.Egg, sadly 31st March is mid trip for me. Although, I am taking positives today, I think it does sound like after reading the highlights of the Randy Dandelion’s press conference earlier, UK Gov are going to be treating 3 doses as ‘vaccinated’ so everyone should be offered a third shot, and as you say above, that should be before the trip, so (assuming it gets added to the NHS Covid pass, which it should…?) I will know the answer before my free cancellation window ends…!
snow report
MogulMonkey wrote:
Looks like Austria have provided updated info since I started this thread..and reverted back to the 360 days for the double jab, or270 days for the single jab.

3) Evidence of vaccination against COVID-19 with a vaccine listed in Appendix C, if the following conditions are met:
a) second vaccination not more than 360 days ago, with at least 14 days between 1 and second vaccination or
b) 21 days have passed after a vaccination which requires only one dose (Johnson & Johnson), which is not older than 270 days or

https://www.bmeia.gv.at/en/austrian-embassy-london/travelling-to-austria/coronavirus-covid-19-and-travel-abroad/

No mention of the 3rd January cut-off for the J&J jab without a booster?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@shredder, It also says this:
Quote:
Disclaimer: The Austrian Embassy in London does not accept any liability for the completeness of this information.
snow conditions
It's a tad confusing at the moment isn't it? Hoping it will all settle down and sort it self out before our group holiday at the end of Jan. We are a group of 16, aged between 42 and mid 70s, so all double jabbed and hopefully by then all will be triple jabbed. But keeping up with the guidelines is a task at the moment!

I'm 45 and had my 2nd jab in May - the age group dates from the NHS depended on where you are, your health and who you might be a carer for. I'm going to get my 3rd jab asap which should be from November 24th.
snow report
Quote:
"No, if you are vaccinated, you do not need to show a test for 360 days after your second dose (you will need to show proof of full vaccination, meaning you are only considered vaccinated if you had both doses of the vaccine OR have a past infection + one vaccination dose). From 6 December, 2-dose-vaccinations are valid for 270 days."

Looks like 270 days only unless you're going on holiday before 6th December - unlikely. I got my second jab on June 2nd which means by 270 days runs out on 27th February 2022. This 270 days will scupper my trip unless something changes or boosters become available for 30-40 year olds.
latest report
Mr.Egg wrote:
rjj501 wrote:

Something does not add up here.

Let's take April 1st 2022, then - 270 days = 5th July 2021
Anyone who received a 2nd vaccine after 5th July should be OK all the way up to the 1st April Date.
Current announced booster program is 50+ & soon 40-49
Anyone who received 2nd vaccine before 5th July would fall in the current booster program announced. 50+, or 40-49

There would be very few 30-39 year olds who would have had their 2nd vaccine before 5th July without being in another priority group, unless they jumped the line when people was getting jabbed to use up doses.
The 30-39 boosters will more than likely come after 40-49 & 16-18yr olds anyway. Probably by early January.

Where do you fall out of scope of what has been announced?

30-39 year old here! Second jab received 2nd June 2021. Different regions had different roll out rates for the vaccine.
snow report
@Pastorius,

What was the gap between your jabs out of interest?
40-49 was 8 weeks, but I seem to remember now they lowered it, to I think was 3 weeks.
Otherwise you would have had your 1st jab before they even announced the 40+ age groups
snow conditions
If you want to check your 270 days here’s a handy calculator

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadded.html?d1=&m1=&y1=&
latest report
@Mr.Egg, if where he was was anything like my local health board then he probably did. Our local health board was always at least 1, but more commonly 2 priority groups ahead of what was being announced in the media or at the Downing Street briefings.

I remember being amazed that our 23yo trainee at work needed an hour off to have his first shot of vaccine the same week the papers were cheering on the 40-49 age group being invited.
snow report
Mr.Egg wrote:
@Pastorius,

40-49 was 8 weeks, but I seem to remember now they lowered it, to I think was 3 weeks.
Otherwise you would have had your 1st jab before they even announced the 40+ age groups

1st jab 13th May, 2nd jab 2nd June. 3 weeks apart. We were well ahead of the curve down in the south west!
snow conditions
Pastorius wrote:
Mr.Egg wrote:
@Pastorius,

1st jab 13th May, 2nd jab 2nd June. 3 weeks apart. We were well ahead of the curve down in the south west!

I based my calcs on 8 week - Most Wales healthboards was ahead of the announcements as well.
My mate who was in the under 40's had his invite for his 2nd jab before most of us in the 40+ did!

As you can't get a booster until at least 6 months after your last vaccine, there is still 2 weeks to go before you become eligible.
We are in a similar situation for a trip booked in march, as most had their 2nd vaccine in June as well.
ski holidays
Hang on - I've got my calculations completely wrong. I was 8 weeks apart and my second jab was in July! Reading my calendar wrong and looked at my wife's jab date instead of mine Embarassed
ski holidays
every thing will change.

Got all my 3 jabs............. but expect the entry requirements to reflect the changing territory.
ski holidays
aaaarrrgghh! https://planetski.eu/2021/11/18/parts-of-austria-to-go-into-full-lockdown/

Will be keeping an eye on it, 16 of us are due to go to Saalbach on Jan 22nd.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy