Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Corvara - Alta Badia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey y'all

Me and the missus will be setting off for Corvara in the Alta Badia region for a week in December. It'll be our first time out there so looking for some recommendations on:

- Places to eat
- Bars
- Off piste runs
- Anything else that is a must see

TIA
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
See the thread “Stella Ronda Mountain Lunch Stops”. (Currently misspelt) snowHead
Edit; spelling corrected.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For bars, we always drank at L'Got near Sport Kostner rental shop, Iceberg (in hotel col alto) and Toccami in the hotel marmolada. Apres was at either L'Murin near the Col Alto gondola or Boconara near the Arlara chair. For food in the village we liked Pizzeria Fornella and taverna posta zirm. So many good food places in the local ski area. We particularly liked Bioch, Las Vegas, L'Tabla and La Brancia, but lots of other good ones as well. Main supermarket is at top of the village near hotel posta zirm but there are others at bottom of the village near the Italia and L'Table hotels. Dependant on where you are staying and snow conditions, you can ski down the village from col alto gondola Station to Col alto Hotel. Sport Kostner rental shop is very good and you can bag a discount on alpin resorts web site. Enjoy your visit, corvara is a great location.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
From Corvara the Sella Ronda is open to you.
Some suggestions for days out.

La Longia down in to Ortisei (16 km, I think)
Kronplatz/Piklein
Hidden Valley/Cinque Torri
Saslong, Val Gardena
Marmolada

That presupposes you are able to cover a fair bit of ground in a day.
snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
second @jimmybog re Pizzeria Fornella, nice atmosphere, decent pizza but you might have to queue if you arrive at peak time. At the other end of the spectrum hotel La Perla has a nice fine dining place which you'll probably need to book months in advance. There was a bar next to La Perla which seemed lively when we went by.

also second @NeddySkiGoon, re the run down into Ortisei which I personally prefer to the hidden valley as it's scenic but also nice and quiet (it's not off-piste). Easily done from Corvara as side trip off SR and makes a nice day trip to combine the two (you'd also ski Saslong World Cup run on the way). If you ski Hidden Valley it's worth taking the time to ski around cinque Torri area which can be accessed from the HV car park where the taxis drop you off. When we skied there in 2019 it was very quiet but the new lift from Cortina may change that. If there's a big lift queue at HV I'd do that.

ps you might get more responses if you give an idea of the kind of place you like as the area has a very wide variety from lively bars to refined Michelin star restaurants.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As we did H/B in Corvara I cannot comment on places to eat in the evening ...but any of the restaurants on the mountain are good. Our favourite being Rifugio La Marmotta off the Blue Incisa run and Ciampai Hutte near the snow park.

Apres is limited but as @jimmybog, stated L'Murin is lively, opens about 5pm and shuts at 10.30pm. We also enjoyed Ciamin bar for end of day drinks near the Boe lift.

Sella ronda both ways, Marmolada/Hidden valley. You'll be spoilt for choice. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We did Corvara last year just before lockdown. It was our first time just B&B and boy we didn't regret it. Fab places to eat. Our favourite was Adlerkellar for a great food, not cheap but fantastic food and service. We were lucky to get in so book ahead. The pizzeria Fornella was good. There was also a pizzeria test looked simpler on the Str Col Alt, about halfway up, fantastic pizzas, very cheap and a big local crowd. Hotel Christian did us a great meal, it looks like residents only but they are happy yo take non-residents, that was a tip from out hotel. We stayed in Garni Bracun which was very comfortable, super friendly and would go again. All the skiing was great. Takes a while to get your head round getting around but it is a fantastic resort and I'd go back tomorrow
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy