Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria in Crisis... Lockdown... Ski Season in doubt..

Poster: A snowHead
[quote="ski3"][quote="cooperman17"]
Cacciatore wrote:
DB wrote:
stanton wrote:

Try to understand and respect free choices

Look after your own risk and let others do likewise.

Don't think your quite grabbing the sentiment of this community are you, we love arrivals here with direct instruction as to just what we should be doing Toofy Grin

That's directed at cooperman17.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
cooperman17 wrote:
Cacciatore wrote:
DB wrote:
stanton wrote:

Critical operations are being cancelled because normally free intensive care beds are being taken up, mostly by non-vaccinated people. If it‘s your free choice not to be vaccinated then it should be coupled with the choice not to be first in line for an intensive care bed. People who have been vaccinated or have another non-COVID related issue should get priority on intensive care beds. Another thing, why should we pay for your bad choices? Your health insurance premiums should also be higher.

I’d also like to see the non-vaxxed not being covered by their health insurance here and being invoiced for any health related medical assistance that is Covid related.

Be careful what you wish for.

Fancy having your health record / habits reviewed before being admitted to hospital? Smoking / drinking / diet / sports protective equipment / sport high risk?

Don't think this could happen?

I never believed a democratic state would be able to threaten its citizens with removal of privileges.

Democratic states are always removing the privileges of their citizens in one way or another.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cooperman17 wrote:

Fancy having your health record / habits reviewed before being admitted to hospital? Smoking / drinking / diet / sports protective equipment / sport high risk?

I never believed a democratic state would be able to threaten its citizens with removal of privileges.

You've never come across the prison system before? Most democratic countries seem to feel the need to protect society by removing privileges from those that endanger it; the precedent is quite well established.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Now there's a real crisis. The company that makes the Mozart chocolate balls has gone bust !!!

https://salzburg.orf.at/stories/3132282/
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
DB wrote:
Now there's a real crisis. The company that makes the Mozart chocolate balls has gone bust !!!

https://salzburg.orf.at/stories/3132282/

There are two different suppliers aren't there?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
jabuzzard wrote:

….. Thing is there are no known long term side effects for any vaccine, so the chances of there being one for a COVID-19 vaccine are somewhere around ħ.

This bears repeating to anyone who will listen - once the vaccine has done its job and provoked an immune response it’s gone, cleared away by the body.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
munich_irish wrote:
An article in the Süddeutsche about how the unvaccinated are causing the current situation but its behind the paywall (basically around 85% of cases caused by unvaccinated folk) but thought the final paragraph very apposite here

Quote:
An example from everyday life may help to illustrate the effectiveness of the vaccination and to classify the risk of vaccination breakthroughs. If more and more drivers are driving with winter tyres, there will be more and more accidents in winter with this type of tyre. With 100 percent cars with winter tyres, all accidents will happen despite protective equipment. Applied to vaccination, this means that with almost 60 million vaccinated people in Germany, the proportion of both infected and hospital patients is inevitably increasing. Vaccinations protect - just like winter tyres - quite well, but not 100 percent. It is the unvaccinated who are driving the pandemic.

No mention of snow chains though Very Happy

This is almost exactly the same in the UK.

Hospitalisation: 84% unvaccinated, 13% single vaccinated, 3% double.

Given that the double vaccinated will on average be older, this is an even worse indictment of the selfishness of the *willingly* unvaxxed. Essential operations that require an ICU bed for recovery cannot go ahead, because some selfish **** has the bed.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
agw wrote:
jabuzzard wrote:

….. Thing is there are no known long term side effects for any vaccine, so the chances of there being one for a COVID-19 vaccine are somewhere around ħ.

This bears repeating to anyone who will listen - once the vaccine has done its job and provoked an immune response it’s gone, cleared away by the body.

How is Bill Gates supposed to control the nanoparticles then?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@buchanan101,

what time frame do those stats relate to?

I was under the impression that CURRENTLY, >50% of people in hospital/deaths are at least double jabbed. Which shouldn't come as a surprise since the vaccine is not 100% effective.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mikeycharlton wrote:
@buchanan101,

I was under the impression that CURRENTLY, >50% of people in hospital/deaths are at least double jabbed. Which shouldn't come as a surprise since the vaccine is not 100% effective.

I was talking to my neighbour's niece last week. She's a nurse in Sunderland and said that 100% of those in intensive care last week with Covid were non-vaccinated Shocked .
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bergmeister wrote:
mikeycharlton wrote:
@buchanan101,

I was talking to my neighbour's niece last week. She's a nurse in Sunderland and said that 100% of those in intensive care last week with Covid were non-vaccinated Shocked .

hmmmm, it's possible, but 100% could be as little as 5 people in 1 hospital. Which really isn't a good sample size.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@mikeycharlton Recent figures from the ONS and NHS put the unvaccinated:vaccinated ratio of those in hospital ICUs with Covid as 4:1 to 5:1, depending on what time period you measure and the particular measurement process used.

I feel that there's a lot of lobbyists of various sorts out there touting the line that with high levels of vaccination and boosters, and extension into lower age groups, plus high levels of infection, we're basically past the worst. And that people being unvaccinated doesn't really matter - we're past the herd immunity point. Whether the latter is true or not, the problem is clearly that unvaccinated people are - as predicted - occupying ICU beds that the majority of them wouldn't otherwise need if they were vaccinated.

The provision of ICU beds in the UK is already poor in comparison to equivalent major economies and critically - as we found with the Nightingales - the shortage is is personnel, not equipment. So even if we can cope with the unvaccinated ICU demand, it's drawing staff away from other clinical services and adding to the queue of planned treatment that may require intensive care. I think that there's been a focus away from persuading the vaccine hesitant to participate because it needs resources on the ground that the Treasury doesn't want to invest in. And while there's always a cost/benefit decision to be made, it feels like the decision has been made by default, quietly, while the focus of attention is elsewhere.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Tue 30-11-21 11:39; edited 5 times in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mikeycharlton wrote:
@buchanan101,

OK - it's from BMJ, and indeed it covers Dec 2020 to July 2021, so it is not current figures - my apologies for not following through from the link in the Guardian editorial.

Indeed, it's not a surprise... if everyone is vaccinated then 100% of those in hospital will be vaccinated - just be way fewer of them.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
buchanan101 wrote:
agw wrote:
jabuzzard wrote:

How is Bill Gates supposed to control the nanoparticles then?
that's what makes it so clever. They are nanoparticle holograms which no body can clear out, ever. On receiving the 5G activation signal they then become magnetic and everyone sticks to the next piece of metal...
snow report
No need for ski bindings then…
ski holidays
@LaForet,

Yeah it all starts to get a bit messy doesn't it. You could have somebody that was double vaccinated last December, but hasn't had one since - in which case their immunity has clearly waned since.

Perhaps the stats should be adjusted to count people who have/haven't received 2 doses WITHIN the last 6 months to give a more accurate idea of what's happening.
ski holidays
clarky999 wrote:
cooperman17 wrote:

You've never come across the prison system before? Most democratic countries seem to feel the need to protect society by removing privileges from those that endanger it; the precedent is quite well established.

Without fortune, I have not been anywhere near the prison system.

Should the privilege of skiing be removed as it tends to occupy hospitals during winter when it is coping with the usual flu cases?
snow conditions
Not sure many skiers end up in ICU preventing cancer patients from having life saving operations. Unlike antivaxxers.

(And in general exercise is beneficial for overall health and fitness and the reduction of usage of health services)
snow report
buchanan101 wrote:
Not sure many skiers end up in ICU preventing cancer patients from having life saving operations. Unlike antivaxxers.

(And in general exercise is beneficial for overall health and fitness and the reduction of usage of health services)

Anti-vaccers. The unclean.

History does not repeat itself - it rhymes.
latest report
cooperman17 wrote:
Not sure about unclean, but more likely to be infected and more likely to be seriously ill than if they were vaccinated.
snow conditions
cooperman17 wrote:
buchanan101 wrote:

History does not repeat itself - it rhymes.

No. Just selfish ****s.
snow report
Just to cheer up @Stanton, https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/30/austria-pushes-on-with-plan-for-mandatory-covid-vaccines . Looks like Germany's new government is going to be following Austria down the compulsory vaccination path.

Perhaps he might consider moving to the UK to avoid all this irksome regulation Toofy Grin
snow conditions
@munich_irish, no thank you.
ski holidays
munich_irish wrote:
Just to cheer up @Stanton, https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/30/austria-pushes-on-with-plan-for-mandatory-covid-vaccines . Looks like Germany's new government is going to be following Austria down the compulsory vaccination path.
The government in Greece has announced compulsory vaccination for the over-60s, with a €100 fine per month for those people who don't comply.
snow report
@rob@rar, I thought suggesting he was over 60 might have been an insult too far Very Happy
latest report
@munich_irish, and what is wrong with being over 60? (Well, 60 actually)
snow report
@buchanan101, I am over 60 too
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
buchanan101 wrote:
@munich_irish, and what is wrong with being over 60? (Well, 60 actually)

You have to turn your DIN down! Less of an excuse to get those Look Pivot 18 Forza's.....
ski holidays
@ptex I’m not old and frail yet…
ski holidays
munich_irish wrote:

Perhaps he might consider moving to the UK to avoid all this irksome regulation Toofy Grin

Flee the EU as an asylum seeker you mean?
snow report
7 Day Index down to 713,9. Very Happy
Intensive bed useage up 2 to 642. Confused (This 642 needs to drop significantly before they open up.)
snow conditions
[quote="ski3"][quote="ski3"]
cooperman17 wrote:
Cacciatore wrote:
DB wrote:
stanton wrote:

Don't think your quite grabbing the sentiment of this community are you, we love arrivals here with direct instruction as to just what we should be doing Toofy Grin

That's directed at cooperman17.

I don’t think you are getting my point. I’m not instructions you to do anything. Quite the opposite.

And who is ‘we’?
ski holidays
@DB, Hospital numbers have been going down for a couple of days, intensive beds will follow soon. What is more of an unknown is the policies of the new Chancellor and his new cabinet, I have seen no comments from any of them with regard to lockdown.
ski holidays
Chris_n wrote:
@DB, Hospital numbers have been going down for a couple of days, intensive beds will follow soon. What is more of an unknown is the policies of the new Chancellor and his new cabinet, I have seen no comments from any of them with regard to lockdown.

Hope you are right and the intensive bed occupancy does significantly drop but it hasn‘t happened yet. 89 people died in a day but the intensive bed occupancy increased. Puzzled
The new Chancellor will have pretty much the same medical advisors, I don‘t see any change of plan. Suspect the lack of comments from the government is because the intensive bed occupancy isn‘t falling as expected, yet.
snow report
munich_irish wrote:
@rob@rar, I thought suggesting he was over 60 might have been an insult too far Very Happy

Just to clarify, are we talking about his IQ or age?? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
The NHS is overwhelmed with out all the Tin Foiled headed non-vaccinated numb nuts turning up with COVID and filling ICU and A&E. The knock effect is the ambulance service is over stretched as well. People are waiting 2-3 hours for a first responders or paramedics. Simple fact people are dying of serious medical conditions completely un-related to COVID but impacted by the additional burden of COVID on the NHS. You can debate and argue the toss about the why's and wherefore of vaccination but at the end of the day the NHS is over whelmed and I suspect it is the same in other European countries. I am aware of ICU Senior Registrar decided to clear an ICU of COVID patience's because they were old and or had serious underlying issues. So at the beginning of a shift he briefed the team to "with draw care" from13 Patients and prepare for new admissions.

My wife and daughter are ICU and A&E nurses

SO GET VACCINATED.
ski holidays
agw wrote:
jabuzzard wrote:

You do realise that the COVID19 vaccines are a new type of vaccine, one that has never been widely used before? The history of mRNA vaccines is very short, with the first human trials being less than a decade ago.
snow report
@David B, I agree with your post and always beneficial to hear stories from the front line. My wife has recently retired after 40 years of NHS service and keeps very much inside the loop with her circle of friends and ex colleagues. Sick and tired of hearing of these nonsensical conspiracy theorists who try to influence others with their lunacy, quite often they think they're being hip and trendy and push their freedom and rights mentality on easily influenced vulnerable people. At least with a vaccine you considerably reduce the risk of suffering from extreme symptoms if you do become infected and therefore less likely to clog up a hospital ward.
snow report
39 of the 40 inpatients with Covid at Kelowna hospital were unvaccinated last time I checked. Since BC introduced vaccine mandate for workers in care homes there have been zero outbreaks.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy