Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria in Crisis... Lockdown... Ski Season in doubt..

Poster: A snowHead
David B wrote:
I did not realise that this forum had its own group of people who are experts in disease control and statistics. Just take the Vaccine and listen to the health professional where a mask, wash your hands and maintain social distance when ever possible.

I actually am an expert in disease prediction using artificial intelligence and statistics with over 20yrs experience working for public and private sector. Very Happy

However that should not be a requirement to discuss this topic, any information presented in a polite, rational fashion preferably supported with some reference material should be entertained. Science doesn't progress when scientists insist I'm right and you're wrong. Science is also about evidence and not opinions. Opinions may form a hypothesis but you need evidence to prove it.

In Ireland the people rolled out as supposed 'experts' in this field are in reality a very small hand selected group of pharma sales reps masquerading as academics. What shocks me most is they deliver daily gibberish and keep a straight face, for any Irish snowheads, Luke O'Neill tops that list, that guy has less interest in your health or mine than the man in the moon, but he's a good actor/chancer,/con artist so he deceives many innocent souls.

I was talking to someone from Bulgaria today, she told me on Bulgarian TV they now say the vaxx isn't working, medical doctors there advise people not to get it, some contrast with Irish TV. But remember nearly 40% Irish exports are pharmaceuticals.

Just one example of how far we have left integrity and truth behind is around the Pfizer vaccine trail. Earlier in this thread the VW emission tampering scandal was mentioned. Well this is possibly a much bigger scandal with major questions around the integrity of the trail data of an experimental treatment never before used on humans. However I'd say most on this thread have absolutely no idea about this. How can we "trust the science" when the scientific method used is questionable. Should this vaccine be stopped as the manufacturers claim of safety and effective could be entirely false? What about the integrity of the other vaxx trails? After all they were going at warp speed.

Here is the link to the British Medical Journal story covering the scandal. [url=]https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2635[/url]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Are you @Peter Ross, of the Life and Balance Centre in Dublin?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Given the "evidence" in the article, it doesn't really support the question of Trusting science or the Vaccine. It was one site, one test environment, one employee, of many. It also doesn't give any reason to question any other vaccine.
But I assume you predicted that response.. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@rob@rar, if he is, he's Stanton's brother and I claim my fiver Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MorningGory wrote:

http://youtube.com/v/qHNQqCCOoZ8
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It isn’t working well in Bulgaria because only 29% of adults have been vaccinated.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Charliegolf, Laughing Laughing
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar wrote:
Are you @Peter Ross, of the Life and Balance Centre in Dublin?

MorningGory wrote:

I think this is about to get popcorn-worthy.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
colinstone wrote:
@stanton,
>Not much support for lockdown of the unvaccinated ... 11%

Most support is for getting the situation under control 48%

A bit of any oxymoron.

How will the situation be brought under control?? Are there any proposals from the angry anti-brigades??

No oxymoron, only a too short representation by stanton: the 48% are in deed in favor of "getting the situation under control by imposing a general lockdown".

Actually, folks hope to save ski season this way.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tristero wrote:

Not to mention, their lives.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@telford_mike,
Quote:

Oh my word, having Googled a bit, I think you could be right. Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Peter Ross, that article is unalloyed crap. Anyone with a smattering of science understanding and a modicum of critical thinking would see that.

The BMJ has fallen very far I'm afraid.

To save my keyboard, a rather more sensible and nuanced analysis here. https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/what-the-heck-happened-to-the-bmj/

(Are you suggesting vaccines don't work?, In which case you are so very, very wrong.)
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@under a new name, I'm sure they help prevent death and serious illness, but I know loads of double jabbed that currently have covid.

Reducing the symptoms yes they work, prevention- jury is very much owt
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
@under a new name, I'm sure they help prevent death and serious illness, but I know loads of double jabbed that currently have covid.

Reducing the symptoms yes they work, prevention- jury is very much owt

Just out of interest - are they older people (50+) or equally spread across the age spectrum?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@DB, ranging from to 15 to 55
ski holidays
@Frosty the Snowman, no-one ever suggested they were 100% effective against infection ...
latest report
Hurtle wrote:
@telford_mike,
Quote:

Oh my word, having Googled a bit, I think you could be right. Laughing

Here you go....

Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Good overview on vaccine effectiveness and long-term side-effects.
Supported by lots and lots of solid scientific research.
https://www.quora.com/How-safe-are-the-different-COVID-19-coronavirus-vaccinations/answer/Marius-Kramer?ch=8&oid=318717097&share=2e49a005&srid=3dInU&target_type=answer

Take a seat, it takes a while to read it.
Sorry thing is that this reading effort, may scare off some people who prefer to "do their own research" on facebook and youtube.
ski holidays
@Frosty the Snowman, yep, the protection decreases over time. That's exactly why boosters are needed. Most of the vaccinated who get Covid are at least 4 months after the second dose
ski holidays
It's believed by some that the COVID figures in the UK have not exploded like mainland Europe because the Pfzier/Biontech vaccine is effective for a longer period than some other vaccines.
Most of the recent vaccinations in Austria (up to Sat 20/11) were actually booster jabs.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 24-11-21 9:47; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
I think these two pictures paint a million words ....

Green = Vaccination rate, darker is higher. The second/right graph shows the infection rate, again darker is higher.

snow report
DB wrote:
It's believed by some that the COVID figures in the UK have not exploded like mainland Europe because the Pfzier/Biontech vaccine is effective for a longer period than some other vaccines.
Most of the recent vaccinations in Austria (up to Sat 20/11) were actually booster jabs.

So 0% protection after 5 months from the AZ vaccine??? Not sure about that.

Also they HAVE exploded in the UK, about 3 months ago and stayed high ever since.
snow conditions
telford_mike wrote:
Tristero wrote:

Not to mention, their lives.

One can't be sure, but honestly I don't think so. At least, if you don't factor in the risk everyone runs from overwhelmed healthcare. Because saving lives in case of covid, that's what vaccines are for. And those more sensible who are in favor of lockdown are most probably the already vaccinated.
latest report
@mikeycharlton, feels unlikely to me, but note, that's for symptomatic infection. Would need to have a look at the actual paper referenced.
snow conditions
[quote="mikeycharlton"]
DB wrote:
Also they HAVE exploded in the UK, about 3 months ago and stayed high ever since.

Yeah the UK profile is different because the UK unlocked and decided to accept a much higher acceptable rate vs the other countries who waited for the rates to massively drop before unlocking. As a result if your really low it will spike massively when you get hit but if you have a constant rate it will be less. Overall the UK has had much more cases in the last 3 months, our peak is less but volume much much harder
snow report
Maybe a spike in cases, but with much less severe symptoms.
snow conditions
mikeycharlton wrote:
So 0% protection after 5 months from the AZ vaccine??? Not sure about that.

Feel free to put up some other 'evidence'.

mikeycharlton wrote:

Austria's infection rate per 100,000 people is over 1000, some areas are around 2500. How does that compare with the UK?

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-59378849

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Wed 24-11-21 10:40; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@Rob_Quads, Yes, without wanting to spark a political debate it makes one wonder if having a blond dunce at the helm with a kindergarten mentality factors into the equation. Food for thought?
Puzzled
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
First of lets clear this one up for @grumpygargoyle, he/she needs to go back to elementary school Happy

grumpygargoyle wrote:
@Timmycb5, Yeah, I agree with you. I wonder if the EU human rights court might prevent mandatory vaccinations.

There is no such organisation called the "EU Human Right Court"

The European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) and its European Court of Human Rights are part of a completely different legal system to the EU

The European Court of Human Rights are part of the Council of Europe, which has 47 member states, including Russia and the UK.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Austria

""alles gurgelt"" PCR test Christoph Steininger Expert

https://allesgurgelt.at/

Lifting Lockdown on 12 Dec "impossiblle"

http://youtube.com/v/MAADPvxXhWo

http://youtube.com/v/y9io1MZz_7E

The Austrian Government is now scrambling to keep to its plan to Open on Dec 13th..... They have met and a Secret plan has been drawn up & it goes like this ......

Thursday, 2.12.2021:

After ten days of lockdown, the government will evaluate the situation. i.e have the strong measures worked ???– Behind the scenes, further rules are then finalised.

Monday, 13.12.2021:

For vaccinated people, the hard lockdown is to end – with the exception of Salzburg and Upper Austria.

The Comeback will only be for shops and restaurants

Only the entire trade will be open on 13.12. for Christmas gift shopping.

If a downward trend is working sufficiently in the number of infections (and in the normal wards, where a relief is always noticeable first), the opening of the gastronomy with curfew 22 o'clock is also conceivable.
In all indoor settings (i.e. consumption at the assigned seat), a strict FFP2 mask requirement will remain.
For vaccinated people, the curfew only applies at night.

Further no disco, nightlife no events

Already now it is decided Night gastronomy (discos, bars) and events will probably not return in December.

Silent Night (Dec 24)– Christmas in the closest circle (Family) – will be allowed again in 2021.

New Year's Eve loud Parties and large-scale events will not be permitted.

Friday, 17.12.2021:

In the hotspot areas of Upper Austria and Salzburg, the hard lockdown for everyone is going to last at least four days longer than in the rest of the country.

Sunday, 19.12.2021:

Here the Christkindl should press on the gas, the shopping malls ........... This really only effect the big Cities .

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Freiheitliche Partei Österreichs (FPÖ)

They won 16.2 % of the vote in 2019 .. The are not Fanatics !!

In fact in the current UK Conservative party & recently Presidents Trumps REpublican Party are far more (extreme) Right Wing than the FPÖ...

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Abuse.

I can only post Post once a day so cannot reply immediately or edit posts ... Admin on here is quite happy to let other posters abuse the rules ... Shocked

To my real Fans I thankyou Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Posters above attacking me please read .........

Snowheads T&C's Subject : Acceptable Use

"""Always treat other Users with respect.""""
snow conditions
stanton wrote:

Which you break with an extremely high proportion of your posts by trolling the forum without mercy. There's a reason you're on the naughty step and only able to post once per day. Treat the forum with respect and it will treat you with respect in return. This has nothing to do with the opinions you post and whether or not they are not widely shared by other people who contribute here. It is because you have trolled the forum for many years.
ski holidays
stanton wrote:

They have met and a Secret plan has been drawn up & it goes like this ......

Thursday, 2.12.2021:

After ten days of lockdown, the government will evaluate the situation. i.e have the strong measures worked ???– Behind the scenes, further rules are then finalised.

Monday, 13.12.2021:

It's not very secret then is it Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
It's not secret at all. Despite the forum user's dubious manner of address, these are precisely the measures the government is currently discussing and available to read on Austrian press websites. However, of course nothing has been yet agreed, and the FPÖ do not have enough of a voice to have much influence (gladly!).
latest report
@stanton, I presume your inside knowledge of the "secret plans" of the Austrian government comes from the same herd of cows that have all the "insiders knowledge" of what is going on with the avalanche protection in St Anton?

In news on one of your other favourite conspiracy yarns - after months of detailed investigation Austrian public prosecutors have decided there is no evidence of criminal or other deliberate wrongdoing by anyone in involved in the Ischgl (& St Anton) fiasco https://www.tt.com/artikel/30806768/keine-anklage-in-causa-ischgl-ermittlungen-wurden-eingestellt . As usual cock up all round but no conspiracy......
latest report
rob@rar wrote:
stanton wrote:

Which you break with an extremely high proportion of your posts by trolling the forum without mercy. There's a reason you're on the naughty step and only able to post once per day. Treat the forum with respect and it will treat you with respect in return. This has nothing to do with the opinions you post and whether or not they are not widely shared by other people who contribute here. It is because you have trolled the forum for many years.

his attacks on people are no different to other members attacks on people.
If people want to argue about a subject, then argue about the subject without making it personal. People will have different views, as different topics affect people differently.
I personally dont think anyone should be banned unless it is for something that could get the owner into trouble or clear spam attacks.
snow conditions
Mr.Egg wrote:
his attacks on people are no different to other members attacks on people.
I didn't mention his attacks on other members. Does he do that? I don't think I've seen anything like that from him. He treats the forum with huge disrespect by constantly trolling. It's why he gets the response that he does and I assume why he is restricted to one post a day. But I don't think he attacks people.
latest report
@rob@rar, I believe he eventually got "put down a crevasse" for writing endless offensive racist drivel on the Brexit threads (not a place I go anywhere near Very Happy ). His input to the Arlberg thread is often daft but not offensive (he claims to hate using lifts etc). His posts on Corona have been misleading and often hypocritical since the beginning, no big issue but folk who dont know him can take what he posts as useful when it rarely is. If he is using up his one post a day here that is probably a good thing.
latest report
@stanton, I'm collecting my schoolbooks now. Thank you for the correction, i hadn't done any research into European law I merely wondered if the Austrian government would be allowed to do this, I don't live in Austria and so have no axe to grind about it. It is worth noting, however the court has already looked at some mandatory vaccination decrees and deliberations are continuing.
ski holidays
@grumpygargoyle, as you can imagine there has been much debate in the German language media about this. From what I have read, the various law professors etc all seem to say that they cant see any real legal issue with this at all. I did read that there is a previous ECHR case on this sort of issue which concluded compulsory vaccination was compatible with the convention (I believe about childhood vaccination). The issues appear to be political rather than legal.
latest report
"Health Minister Wolfgang Mückstein (Greens) insists that the corona lockdown for vaccinated people ends on 13 December."
latest report
munich_irish wrote:
@grumpygargoyle, as you can imagine there has been much debate in the German language media about this. From what I have read, the various law professors etc all seem to say that they cant see any real legal issue with this at all. I did read that there is a previous ECHR case on this sort of issue which concluded compulsory vaccination was compatible with the convention (I believe about childhood vaccination). The issues appear to be political rather than legal.

Here is the case: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjz-ZGOnbH0AhXRYMAKHQtYAQ4QFnoECAMQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fhudoc.echr.coe.int%2Fapp%2Fconversion%2Fpdf%2F%3Flibrary%3DECHR%26id%3D003-6989051-9414707%26filename%3DGrand%2520Chamber%2520judgment%2520Vavricka%2520and%2520Others%2520v.%2520Czech%2520Republic%2520-%2520obligation%2520to%2520vaccinate%2520children%2520against%2520diseases%2520that%2520were%2520well%2520known%2520to%2520medical%2520science.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1x9OD90OlTQZTvOjRxiPbq

Compulsory vaccination: essentially that the court concluded that the measures could be regarded as being “necessary in a democratic society”. So you're right about it being political...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy