Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone travelling Boxing Day?

Poster: A snowHead
Just wondering how you are getting pre departure tests?

3 teens need a test. Can only get Christmas day up until 12noon but we fly at 3.10pm so that’s no good.
If get rapid antigen morning of flight that’s
Ok for the flight but not for pass sanitaire so would have to test again pcr in resort!

Anyone any suggestions?
Thank you
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Damm never thought about that
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yep . I had just assumed would be within 72 hrs for pcr ! I was wrong!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have a contact in Tignes who said today that the lateral flow test used as the pre flight test can be used in resort, so that will cover you for the first 24 hours. You’ll need to do further lateral flows in resort. We were also told that the testing stations will be open every day until 22:00 (though definitely worth checking that)

For a pre departure test, using a company that only requires a photo of the test and your passport supplies you with the same format results certificate as supplied by the testing company at the airport. These also look the same as ones that I’ve had done in Spain, so it’s a standard format. Nowhere on the certificate does it list who administered the test, so I can’t see why you can’t use the lateral flow test at home - that’s what we’ll be doing.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
With all the turmoil over "normal" test windows. I think you are mad { I'm writing this in a nice way Happy } to even think of a boxing day flight with a <72-48hr window.

I had the same recently with a <48hr to Sweden but the flight from gla-lhr-arn got in at 22.50.

Hope you get it sorted.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
PS I used expresstest drive through for a lateral flow test.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rednat5 wrote:
Just wondering how you are getting pre departure tests?

3 teens need a test. Can only get Christmas day up until 12noon but we fly at 3.10pm so that’s no good.
If get rapid antigen morning of flight that’s
Ok for the flight but not for pass sanitaire so would have to test again pcr in resort!

Anyone any suggestions?
Thank you

Sfaik, only a test done within the French Sidep system (and the resultant generated QR code) is good for PS anyway, so you'll have to test in resort.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Rednat5, which resort are you heading for? I gather for example, that Les Menuires, VT and Val d'Isere will have tourist specific testing centres.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes, supposed to be travelling Boxing day. My complication is I don't get back from France till late on 23rd, and I'm supposed to be going back again early on 26th. So I've got to do the day 2 test in the UK, but if done by post I won't be in the UK by the time I get the result back.

So current plan is to do one of those 'self cert' tests where you just send in a photograph of your 'all clear' LFT. Obvs If I 'fail' the LFT then I won't be able to go, but it does raise the question of how they know when the LFT test photograph was taken?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We're planning on driving / tunnel on boxing day. Anyone know anything about what will be required for our single vaccinated 17 year old?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What the hell happens if one of the kids tests positive? It's a bloody nightmare.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jedster wrote:
We're planning on driving / tunnel on boxing day. Anyone know anything about what will be required for our single vaccinated 17 year old?

https://uk.ambafrance.org/COVID-19-rules-for-travel-between-France-and-the-UK-28918

As it stands now - a test 24 hours before you depart. Submission of sworn undertaking. A test on arrival.
Plus, if you want to get into restaurants/indoor spaces etc, or if French cases rise and Pass Sanitaire becomes mandated on ski lifts, a test every 72 hours for Pass Sanitaire.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

What the hell happens if one of the kids tests positive? It's a bloody nightmare.

Indeed. Out of the very small sample of my 7 grandchildren 3, in two different households, have tested positive in the past few weeks. The two in the same household were both separate infections from school
- their positive tests were a couple of weeks apart. They had very mild infections - scarcely any symptoms, but all plans had to be cancelled, obviously. Family holidays are a huge gamble at the moment - but it is SO good to read about people's plans, after the last couple of winters. Fingers crossed for everybody.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Indeed, good luck everyone!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@midgetbiker, we have been told by a bar owner in France that the entry test done on the uk will be accepted, so that should cover the first 24 hours. It’s probable that it can’t be loaded onto the Pass Sanitaire app but certainly for now, the Uk test result is being accepted (as it can be scanned by the French scanning app). My understanding is that as long as the QR code can be read/accepted, the test doesn’t need to be loaded into the French app. If that remains the case, it doesn’t buy much time, but may save a huge queue at the medical centre on day 1 for the teenagers.
snow report
@midgetbiker, we have been told by a bar owner in France that the entry test done on the uk will be accepted, so that should cover the first 24 hours. It’s probable that it can’t be loaded onto the Pass Sanitaire app but certainly for now, the Uk test result is being accepted (as it can be scanned by the French scanning app). My understanding is that as long as the QR code can be read/accepted, the test doesn’t need to be loaded into the French app. If that remains the case, it doesn’t buy much time, but may save a huge queue at the medical centre on day 1 for the teenagers.
snow report
@rachelharrisonsmith,

I was in Les Contamines in early October and FWIW we just had to show our NHS app in a bar and weren't asked for anything in a Refuge. Not much was open and we were cooking at home so we didn't test this in many places
snow report
Thanks all. If cant use pcr for ps anyway. We will get a rapid antigen on the morning of the fight (3.30pm flight)
can then test in resort , Les deux Alpes, for PS.
snow report
@Rednat5 - where have you found open on Boxing day for the rapid antigen test?
ski holidays
Liverpool airport
snow report
Anyone know anywhere open near the Channel Tunnel for testing on Xmas day with planned entry to France on Boxing Day? Heathrow and Gatwick airports seem to be the only options at the moment
snow conditions
Ruddster wrote:
Anyone know anywhere open near the Channel Tunnel for testing on Xmas day with planned entry to France on Boxing Day? Heathrow and Gatwick airports seem to be the only options at the moment

Eurotunnel don't seem to require a supervised antigen or PCR test, so our teenagers are going to do an antigen self-test from Chronomics that we have left over from this summer. We are due to travel on the Eurotunnel on Christmas Eve.
ski holidays
@Ruddster, there is nothing on the paperwork of the lateral flow test to differentiate a test done at home and you send a photo in and one done a test centre (I have done both and checked the paperwork the other day). With that in mind, we’re using the self tests for travelling over Christmas
latest report
@Ruddster We've booked our teens in for tests early Boxing Day at the DAM Healthcare clinic in Reigate which we'll head to on our way down to the Eurotunnel. I couldn't find anywhere close to the tunnel terminal and this was on our way.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy