Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Accommodation Recommendations - Dec 15-22 - Not Austria!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Considering the upcoming lockdown in Austria (Salzburgerland) I am looking for alternative resort/accommodation in Switzerland/Italy/France....Just in case...Not cancelling just yet, but I like to have options ready!

We usually go to Austria, and I know how to get exactly what we need there but would love suggestions on where to look elsewhere.

As an example, we are booked 15-22 Dec in [url=]www.krallerhof.com[/url] in Leogang.

Base requirements are:

Accomodation
• Hotel 4* +
• Full Board.
• Indoor Pool.
• Childcare for 5-year-old.
• Decent Baby facilities, we are travelling with 4-month-old baby + grandma.
• Nice, comfortable communal areas in hotel, sofas, chairs etc, so we are not stuck in rooms in evening.

• Ski in Ski Out or 'very' close to lift.
• Ski School accessible from the hotel.
• Airport transfer less than 2.5 hours.
• If public transport, then direct train from airport to destination (or very close), no changes/faffing about waiting/buses etc.
• Given the time of year, we happy with 'artificial snow' for ski in out.

We have flights with Lufthansa from Manchester to Salzburg, but we should be able to change. So, airport would be a Lufthansa served location, Zurich, Geneva, Milan etc

Would really appreciate some hotel recommendations, budget is 5.5k Euro max.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Austrian lockdown is only for unvaccinated people, so not sure why you would discount that? Unless you are also unvaccinated, in which case you won't be able to go to the other countries anyway.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Timmycb5 wrote:
The Austrian lockdown is only for unvaccinated people, so not sure why you would discount that? Unless you are also unvaccinated, in which case you won't be able to go to the other countries anyway.

Full lockdown for several weeks announced today
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
2waterford wrote:
Timmycb5 wrote:

Full lockdown for several weeks announced today
Oh I've missed that.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@2waterford, not for the whole of Austria, only Upper Austria and Salzburg.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Will be amazed (and very happy) if it doesn't extend nationwide, in which case will switch to Tirol resort. Altough not sure how a transfer from locaked down Salzburg Airport to Tirol would work.

I am still doing the research on alternatives, determined to get out somewhere before xmas.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ribblevalleyred wrote:
Considering the upcoming lockdown in Austria (Salzburgerland) I am looking for alternative resort/accommodation in Switzerland/Italy/France....Just in case...Not cancelling just yet, but I like to have options ready!

We usually go to Austria, and I know how to get exactly what we need there but would love suggestions on where to look elsewhere.

As an example, we are booked 15-22 Dec in [url=]www.krallerhof.com[/url] in Leogang.

Base requirements are:

Accomodation
• Hotel 4* +
• Full Board.
• Indoor Pool.
• Childcare for 5-year-old.
• Decent Baby facilities, we are travelling with 4-month-old baby + grandma.
• Nice, comfortable communal areas in hotel, sofas, chairs etc, so we are not stuck in rooms in evening.

• Ski in Ski Out or 'very' close to lift.
• Ski School accessible from the hotel.
• Airport transfer less than 2.5 hours.
• If public transport, then direct train from airport to destination (or very close), no changes/faffing about waiting/buses etc.
• Given the time of year, we happy with 'artificial snow' for ski in out.

We have flights with Lufthansa from Manchester to Salzburg, but we should be able to change. So, airport would be a Lufthansa served location, Zurich, Geneva, Milan etc

Would really appreciate some hotel recommendations, budget is 5.5k Euro max.

Thanks

maybe Family Resort Rainer (Sexten)
Hotel Maria Oberregen
or
cavalino Bianco

all of them in S. TIrol
however i really dont know the prices
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ribblevalleyred wrote:
Will be amazed (and very happy) if it doesn't extend nationwide, in which case will switch to Tirol resort. Altough not sure how a transfer from locaked down Salzburg Airport to Tirol would work.

I am still doing the research on alternatives, determined to get out somewhere before xmas.

For Tirol, Munich airport is quite good too, if you are able to switch.

Though, if you want to fly to Geneva, Zurich or Milan, you will probably have to cancel you Lufthansa flights, as there will not be any direct flights from Manchester to those locations.

We are in a similar situation, booked Obergurgl for 17th to 23rd, and I am now preparing for a potential national lockdown. I am still somewhat hopeful that the lockdowns may conclude prior to then, as they may try to open things up for Xmas, but will book something cancelable in Switzerland.

Considering places like Lenzerheide, Laax and Davos atm, but will have to do some further research. If you book new flights to Zurich, all those places are within a 2 hour drive of the airport, and you could also add Wengen to the list of potentials. Certainly those places will be more expensive that Leogang, but you should find something on for your budget there.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@ribblevalleyred, Radisson Blu Hotel Andermatt , not ski in/out but very close
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It is harder to find childcare in house in Switzerland. We found a few kinder hotels - Davos and Lenzerheide and a great one in Liechtenstein but ski area is tiny.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy