Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Holiday France

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, due to French government Covid restriction for entry, you have to be double vaccinated. I am selling my one week ski holiday 19/12/2021 Les Arcs Extreme, everything is included for half price.

Single Sport booking to Club Med Les Arcs Extreme on 19th to 26th December 2021.

https://www.clubmed.co.uk/r/arcs-extreme/y?date=2021-12-19&duration=7

Arcs Extreme France.

Included- Gatwick flight LGW 13:00 transfer, 4 star, full board, single room, ski guiding, ski pass, ski carriage.

• Full name as per passport:
• Date of birth
• Room: Single
• Flight: Charter
• Ski Carriage: Yes – 1 x 18KG bag, separate ski boot bag not included. Please substitute your hand luggage (5kg) should you wish to carry your boots separately,
or pop it in your checked luggage.
• Total price: £1,688.00
• Deposit paid: £150
• Balance due: £1,538.00

Half price £844.00 - you have to be fully vaccinated to holiday in France, as France has England on its Amber list.

https://www.singlesport.com/winter-holidays/

Kind Regards
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bad news giving up your holiday, is vaccination not an option, seems an expensive way of losing what looks like a great holiday
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There wouldn’t be enough time.
Would have to be double vaccinated, and if you are over 65 years old the French insist on you having the booster too. (I’m not over 65yrs Happy lol.

As from 11/11/21 can drive via Euro star as the French will test you at Calais. Don’t fancy that as would have to book on route accommodations and by snow chains Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rules seem to complex for non vaccinated, I thought that there were limited reasons for travel to france if un vaccinated,

https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/travelling-with-us/latest/covid-19/#foca

what a mess!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@snowornever, there are very limited reasons and ‘pressing grounds for travel’ is mentioned in the eurotunnel blurb. You’d need a pressing reason + 7 days self isolation. Sadly a holiday doesnt count.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I feel your pain, we have had to cancel our trip to chatel on the 18th dec for similar reasons.
have you not got the option to cancel the bookings?
we only lost 30 euro admin fees and have the option to change flights up to two hours before departure

3rd ski trip cancelled in 2021....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@McC4rt4n, you have done well, but it would have cost you less to get vaccinated in the first place - and then have the pleasure of your skiing holiday. And possibly saved your life.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

@McC4rt4n, you have done well, but it would have cost you less to get vaccinated in the first place - and then have the pleasure of your skiing holiday. And possibly saved your life.

Excuse me. Where in my post does it say i am unvaccinated? FYI you are not classed as "fully vaxxed" until two weeks after your 2nd vaccination.
Im sure you are aware that the vaccinations where administered based on age and those vulnerable..
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@McC4rt4n, my apologies, but because my daughter (in the lowest age range of adults) was able to be double vaccinated in August I assumed anyone with your problem would either have declined vaccination when offered or be a child. Though possibly in another country with different vaccination priorities.

I shouldn't have made assumptions.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@j b, maybe he is 15 years old and 16 shortly .. lol
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@j b, my thoughts exactly. Unless they are under 18 years old, everyone had plenty of time to get double vaxxed by now. First dose was offered to all over 18 by 31 of July, 8 weeks from there is October.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@j b, @Alex A, @Alex A, @Oleski, Since my age and vaccination status is an interest to you, i am 39 and was unable to get vaccinated due to testing positive for the virus in late august(mild symptoms) having to self isolate, wait the recommended 28 days, and then find a suitable vaccination clinic.. i just simply wont be classified as double vaxxed in time..
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
McC4rt4n wrote:
@j b, @Alex A, @Alex A, @Oleski, Since my age and vaccination status is an interest to you, i am 39 and was unable to get vaccinated due to testing positive for the virus in late august(mild symptoms) having to self isolate, wait the recommended 28 days, and then find a suitable vaccination clinic.. i just simply wont be classified as double vaxxed in time..

Doesn't the French definition of "fully vaccinated' include recovered from Covid plus one jab? That's how I read the requirements.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@sugarmoma666, it certainly did, we only got our 2nd jab as we had a few uk trips coming up ...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@sugarmoma666, Not if you live in N,Ireland as our backwards government wont issue a Covid recovery certificate so need both vaccinations to show as fully vaccinated on covid apps.
latest report
@sugarmoma666, Yes it does.

Quote:
The French Government recognises the following vaccines: Pfizer, Moderna, Oxford/AstraZeneca, and Johnson & Johnson (the vaccines recognised by the European Medical Agency). “Fully vaccinated” is defined by the completion of a vaccination schedule, specifically:

1 week after the second dose of Pfizer, Moderna, Oxford/AstraZeneca
4 weeks after the single and only dose of Johnson & Johnson
1 week after the single dose of any of the above vaccines if you have previously tested positive for COVID-19
snow report
McC4rt4n wrote:
@sugarmoma666, Not if you live in N,Ireland as our backwards government wont issue a Covid recovery certificate so need both vaccinations to show as fully vaccinated on covid apps.

In that case, can you not bring your second jab forward? I thought they changed the recommendation to any time between 8 - 12 weeks
snow conditions
@Timmycb5, unfortunately I won’t be double vaxxed in time.

Also I have already cancelled my holiday..

Apologies to@Moto Babe, for high jacking your post. I hope you can get the holiday sold or some sort of refund..
snow report
Hi, I am selling my one week ski holiday 19/12/2021 Les Arcs Extreme, everything is included for half price.

Single Sport booking to Club Med Les Arcs Extreme on 19th to 26th December 2021.

https://www.clubmed.co.uk/r/arcs-extreme/y?date=2021-12-19&duration=7

Arcs Extreme France.

Included- Gatwick flight LGW 13:00 transfer, 4 star, full board, single room, ski guiding, ski pass, ski carriage.

• Full name as per passport:
• Date of birth
• Room: Single
• Flight: Charter
• Ski Carriage: Yes – 1 x 18KG bag, separate ski boot bag not included. Please substitute your hand luggage (5kg) should you wish to carry your boots separately, or pop it in your checked luggage.
• Total price: £1,688.00
• Deposit paid: £150
• Balance due: £1,538.00

Half price £844.00

https://www.singlesport.com/winter-holidays/

Kind Regards Happy
ski holidays
@Moto Babe,

I've sent you a PM.

Regards,
latest report
Thanks for the interest this holiday has now been sold. Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Hi,

There are still spaces available on this holiday, so if anyone else wants to join for a great Christmas ski, spaces available, bookings are closing this week. Very Happy

https://www.singlesport.com/winter-holidays/club-med-les-arcs-extreme/

Contact Ruth Very Happy
ski holidays
Are those pork products I'm starting to smell ... Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy