Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra just before Christmas; Covid?

Poster: A snowHead
Doesn’t affect you guys but now Portugal has requested a test to (re)enter the country. Not sure how we are going to manage that as we wanted to try the Andorra-Lisbon drive in one day this time, hoping for a 7am start. Probably needs a test the day before.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We've travel from France into Spain and back (on route to Baqueira) with no checks in either direction.

At no time in resort was our vaccination status checked. Both x2 vaxed.

We did update our lift passes online before travelling so not sure if they were checking any paper work before selling tickets.

Masks were required in lift queues and the main bubble lift up from 1500 and of course moving around anywhere inside.

We were also carrying 'Statements of honour', but again not asked for.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Excellent

Thanks

How was the snow?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Mike Pow, Brilliant snow - best start to the season in years.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@mortonia, they’re fairly relaxed about things in Spain at the moment. I got checked when landing at Barcelona airport, but nothing since and I’ve come and gone a few times.

@Orange200, there are quite a few places to get tested in Andorra. If it’s a lateral flow test you need, they’re only €15 with a certificate. Not sure how much a TMA is (possibly €40). A PCR is €90.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Great skiing for the first Saturday of the season (to be honest, great skiing regardless of what day it was!)

I went out with a workmate and expecting big queues we got to Soldeu relatively early. We got in the queue at 8.30-ish except there was no queue. We were at the front. No Covid passes were checked all day while skiing which is a good job because my mates Andorran issued pass flashed up as invalid when we stopped for lunch. We ate outside instead.

With regards to the new test to return to the U.K. I understand a lateral flow is ok. As I’ve said above, you can get certificated LFTs here administered by their staff for €15 at pharmacies. I’ve had one before in ALV, but I’d be surprised if resort pharmacies aren’t offering them.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@hammerite, Lucky you weren't coming up from the French side.

IMG-7329
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mortonia, I very rarely go the French side. I live here so don’t have to travel that way very often.

It’s snowing very heavily and there’s very high winds. I was going to go up after lunch, but with the wind, hardly any visibility and the fact I’d be skiing alone, means I’ve wimped out. I can’t be bothered getting the car out and parking up elsewhere to stay low, and the only lift I wouldn’t need to drive to drops me out at 2,500m - hardly the best place to be on a day like today!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Coming from Toulouse I always have Ax as plan B. Low and with some great tree skiing for when the weather is really bad. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
They’ve closed Arcalis today. Vis and wind.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The road to Arcalis… https://app.mobilitat.ad/gifs/arcalis.gif
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hammerite wrote:
They’ve closed Arcalis today. Vis and wind.

Oh dear, Soldeu didn't open the top of the mountain tell later in the day. Conditions have been a mixture of flat light and snow, high winds and then patches of sunshine... Had the scariest gondola ride down this afternoon as the wind was ripping up the valley. They slowed the gondola right down which helped stop the swinging but it wasn't the most fun I have had
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@pieman666, sounds like it wasn’t a bad decision not to bother today. Especially as I’d have been getting the Funicamp up. Some of the chairs had to slow for gusts yesterday and that was without any wind warning.

Bonus ski day for me on Wednesday. At this rate I might need to hire some fat skis for next weekend!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@hammerite, not at all had I not being doing my course I would of stopped earlier I think.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Covid announcements by the government tonight. Cases rising sharply, but no additional measures. Next update next Monday.
latest report
That's good news.
The release of the numbers seems patchy with them but publishing numbers every few days rather than daily.
On Monday when the weather was bad it was impossible to get into a restaurant. Due to the limited numbers they are allowing in. We ended up skipping lunch and finishing a bit early.
Yesterday it was fine as the sun was out but we all brought a picnic any way and had a very pleasant half hour in the sun.
snow conditions
@pieman666, that should improve after Wednesday, due to the sheer numbers of bank holiday skiers. They were recommending making advanced bookings on the Grandvalira website. On Saturday, we decided to head to Pas for lunch because there’s a bigger number of restaurants right next to the pistes. That ended up not working out as we planned, because my friend’s Covid pass didn’t work so we ended up sat outside anyway!

Not sure how busy the fast food/self service type places get up the mountain.
ski holidays
I always made sure I got to lunch at 1230-1245. At 1300 most of the mountain suddenly wants to eat.
snow report
@hammerite, hmmm, should we be worried?

Just juggling with whether we continue with our booking on the 19th… hoping it’s not something like daily testing coming in
snow report
@Specialman, I wouldn’t need be overly worried. I don’t think they’ll want to jeopardise the ski season. They need it to be as normal as possible. If they introduce extra measures it’ll probably be further reducing capacities to restaurants/bars etc..

The govern are pretty sensible here. The measures introduced last week were for 15 days. I think they’ll want to see that they’re making an impact before they introduce anything new.

All that said, how many times have we been sent curveballs by various leaderships over the last couple of years!
snow report
Orange200 wrote:
I always made sure I got to lunch at 1230-1245. At 1300 most of the mountain suddenly wants to eat.

Yep, that’s exactly what we did.

I think 1pm is when morning ski school finishes too!
snow conditions
@hammerite, I get the feeling that even in the face of rising 'per 100,000' cases, Andorra is less panicky than large population countries, probably due to the face that their vetting of incoming travellers is pretty much done for them by French/Spanish border control, i.,e. us having to test before we even get on a plane to one of those places.

I'm down the rabbithole of 'what ifs' and worst case scenarios at he moment... my missus on the other hand is completely the opposite; probably down to having worked in social care throughout the pandemic, mixing with all sorts of people, testing like there's no tomorrow but rarely seeing a positive result, she just keeps saying about how many times we've rubbed shoulders with people in shops, been on busy trains, gone round to people's houses, stood next to people in school yards, and with nothing happening as a result.... I find it hard to share her optimism but I am very much a glass half empty person until it's over and then I'm like "what was all the fuss about?" Smile

Snow looks immense this week.
ski holidays
Please keep us updated

Looking to book a holiday 12-19 December either tomorrow, Wednesday 08 or Thursday 09
ski holidays
@Mike Pow, nothing is likely to change (if it does) until next Monday. That’s when they have a weekly ‘press conference’ Very Happy and announce these things.

You’d be just as well to book today, as tomorrow or Thursday.
snow report
hammerite wrote:
@Mike Pow, nothing is likely to change (if it does) until next Monday. That’s when they have a weekly ‘press conference’ Very Happy and announce these things.

You’d be just as well to book today, as tomorrow or Thursday.

Prices are dropping by the day Wink
ski holidays
@Mike Pow, keep holding out then Very Happy
ski holidays
Orange200 wrote:
Hmm, I see a Snowheads meet forming Smile

That’s what P&V sent me, hope it’s accurate! I will update this thread if I hear more.

Mike Pow, want to join Smile
snow report
Orange200 wrote:
Orange200 wrote:
Hmm, I see a Snowheads meet forming Smile

That’s what P&V sent me, hope it’s accurate! I will update this thread if I hear more.

Mike Pow, want to join Smile

Would be rude not to
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I’d be up for a meet. I can only do weekends though.
snow report
Covid update. Apparently you can get a LFT at the medical centre in Soldeu. If they offer it there, there’s a good chance you can get one in the other village medical centres/pharmacies too. Saves a trip into Andorra La Vella.
snow conditions
@hammerite, I have just heard the same, El Tarter has LFTs at the medical center at the gondola as well
latest report
Thanks folks!
We just got boosters today. Officially it’s 14 days for the new certificate to become available for download, but a friend and the nurse separately said they seem to be available already after 2-3 days. (Last shot was 11 June, which seemed ok at the time but then they reduced validity down to 6 months; ie just before we set out!)
snow report
Ready to book but really confused about transiting through Toulouse airport on the way to to Arcalis.

Do we need to have test done in the UK prior to departure?

Read on the France thread that if you’re not staying in France there is no need

Clarification anyone please?
snow report
Mike Pow wrote:
Ready to book but really confused about transiting through Toulouse airport on the way to to Arcalis.

Test in UK (PCR or lateral flow/antigen) 48hrs before departure to France for vaccinated adults/24hrs before for unvaccinated teens/no test for 11yo and under

Basically, Andorra is using French and Spanish border control to test incoming travellers.

There is some confusion about the status of the test to leave Andorra; we have to do a test 48hrs before arrival in UK, but some literature that's been published says that for a 12-17yo to leave Andorra they must have a test conducted by a medical professional. Obvs this doesn't apply to adults, but it affects us because we have a 12yo. I *think* that is confusion and we are just talking about a verified lateral flow/antigen or PCR test 48hrs prior to arriving in the UK, one where you just get a certificate.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 9-12-21 18:54; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Thanks

Do we need to do another one on the way back, or does the 48-hr LFT for entry into UK cover it?
ski holidays
Mike Pow wrote:
Thanks

Do we need to do another one on the way back, or does the 48-hr LFT for entry into UK cover it?

As far as I read it, just a test 48hrs before arrival in UK while in Andorra, and then the Day 2 PCR once you've landed back in UK.

This is Crystal's info: https://reptile.developmentpath.co.uk/crystal/resources/wp-content/uploads/Travel-local-COVID-19-requirements-91221-at-1703.pdf

This is Neilson's info: https://www.neilson.co.uk/documents/covidhubdocs/AndorraTravelrequirementgrid061221.1.pdf
ski holidays
Legend

Thanks
snow conditions
Specialman wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:

Test in UK (PCR or lateral flow/antigen) 48hrs before departure to France for vaccinated adults/24hrs before for unvaccinated teens/no test for 11yo and under

Basically, Andorra is using French and Spanish border control to test incoming travellers.

There is some confusion about the status of the test to leave Andorra; we have to do a test 48hrs before arrival in UK, but some literature that's been published says that for a 12-17yo to leave Andorra they must have a test conducted by a medical professional. Obvs this doesn't apply to adults, but it affects us because we have a 12yo. I *think* that is confusion and we are just talking about a verified lateral flow/antigen or PCR test 48hrs prior to arriving in the UK, one where you just get a certificate.

A LFT is quite easy to get here administered at a pharmacy. Mine cost €15 and took 15 mins. A friend today got there’s for €9 at a local pharmacy.

It’s been snowing heavily on and off all day. Conditions should be excellent come the weekend.
latest report
hammerite wrote:
A LFT is quite easy to get here administered at a pharmacy. Mine cost €15 and took 15 mins. A friend today got there’s for €9 at a local pharmacy.

It’s been snowing heavily on and off all day. Conditions should be excellent come the weekend.

It looked heavy today, that snow falling was thick. Looks like sun for most of next week but this next few days of snow could mean a brilliant base
snow conditions
The snow was quite heavy, with around 20cm on the low Soldeu pistes this morning with gentle fall through most of the day. Started snowing heavy and wetter snow around 3pm and continued through although it's dryer but not as heavy now.
Didn't venture any higher than the top of Tosa lift.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy