Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra just before Christmas; Covid?

Poster: A snowHead
@Specialman, any luck getting Crystal to acknowledge the problem with Barcelona flights for those of us with teens? I've been on hold all afternoon .....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just worth being aware- in case it is a sign of pending action elsewhere - but the RKI (Germany's disease control agency) has requested that Andorra be listed as a high-risk area.

The others requested for addition are Lebanon, and more pertinently for skiiers, Norway and France.

(Source: Tagesschau)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hel1234 wrote:
@Specialman, any luck getting Crystal to acknowledge the problem with Barcelona flights for those of us with teens? I've been on hold all afternoon .....

Yes - Crystal emailed:

Hi,

As you are now travelling to Barcelona, your son will need both jabs .
If he hasn't had both you can amend to something else with an incentive.

or

You can get a refund on the holiday and you can get the incentive to use another time.

——————-

We took the cancellation, which we’ve had receipt of tonight. Massive shame. Kids are gutted, as am I and the missus. Off to the pub to drown our sorrows and plan a half term trip at those eye watering February prices Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Orange200 wrote:
Not many Andorra fans here huh? Smile

Its the transfers that put me off
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Specialman, thanks, that's good to know. Hopefully they'll reply to me at some point!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Mr.Egg wrote:
Orange200 wrote:

I was pleasantly surprised by the transfer when we went. Wasn't particularly different to Geneva to Tignes etc.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We just drove in from Spain. Didn’t get stopped at the border. Arrived at P&V reception in El Tarter 40 mins after closing time, partly due to biblical fog, seriously Stephen King stuff. Open and staff happily serving several latecomers. Passports, scanned all of our EU Covid certificates no problem, we are now in apartment Smile. Only debating whether to get up early to get a locker key with rental or not. Really should but we haven’t decided lessons yet, even boarding… probably we’ll see. Tired now.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sugarmoma666 wrote:
Mr.Egg wrote:
Orange200 wrote:

I was pleasantly surprised by the transfer when we went. Wasn't particularly different to Geneva to Tignes etc.

Definitely no worse than Grenoble > Val Disere.

Yes, it’s a bind at unsociable hours but otherwise, it’s getting you to a ski destination. Plenty of Netflix and books and yours good

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 18-12-21 9:48; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Orange200, your question about covid pass a few days ago… my last jab was in April and no one minds. It scans no problem.

Out skiing, I’ve only been asked for my covid pass once. It was a very random post lunch spot check before getting on a chair lift at Grau Roig. Seemed a weird place for a check!

Been a big week at work, knackered - want to get up to ski, but also want a lay in…

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 22-12-21 0:27; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Specialman, sorry you’ve not been able to get out Sad
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hammerite wrote:
@Specialman, sorry you’ve not been able to get out Sad

Cheers. Gutted, properly feeling down in the dumps because I know it could have been an epic week and a great first ski trip for the kids. And Andorra is ace, the resort needs people visiting. Super bummed about this.

Looking at half term now but it’s in the lap of the gods currently.

Everyone who has made it there or will do, have a whale of a time and enjoy the ace snow
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Specialman, if it’s any consolation, U.K. half term week won’t be rammed with locals. Our half term isn’t until early March.

I’ve got to get back to the U.K. for a few days next week. I hope I’ll be able to make it back!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Specialman wrote:
Hel1234 wrote:

Yes - Crystal emailed:

Hi,

As you are now travelling to Barcelona, your son will need both jabs .
If he hasn't had both you can amend to something else with an incentive.

or

You can get a refund on the holiday and you can get the incentive to use another time.

——————-

We took the cancellation, which we’ve had receipt of tonight. Massive shame. Kids are gutted, as am I and the missus. Off to the pub to drown our sorrows and plan a half term trip at those eye watering February prices Very Happy

Gutted for you
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hammerite wrote:
@Specialman, if it’s any consolation, U.K. half term week won’t be rammed with locals. Our half term isn’t until early March.

I’ve got to get back to the U.K. for a few days next week. I hope I’ll be able to make it back!

Good luck on the venture back to blighty - hopefully this current situation is a blip and things start to get somewhere back to normal.

That’s useful info about half term; I’ll definitely look at Andorra at HT, but also looking at Austria…. Both seem way better value at school holiday periods than France. I think our days of skiing in France are over while we have kids, it’s pricing us out and I think I prefer Andorra at least because it seems way friendlier.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Orange200 wrote:
We just drove in from Spain. Didn’t get stopped at the border. Arrived at P&V reception in El Tarter 40 mins after closing time, partly due to biblical fog, seriously Stephen King stuff. Open and staff happily serving several latecomers. Passports, scanned all of our EU Covid certificates no problem, we are now in apartment Smile. Only debating whether to get up early to get a locker key with rental or not. Really should but we haven’t decided lessons yet, even boarding… probably we’ll see. Tired now.

Glad to see you made it here!
ski holidays
@Specialman, sorry to hear that. I’ll keep you updated with my family wars and whines on my new TR thread so you don’t feel left out!
@hammerite, good to see you Mon-Wed if possible?
@ysb33r, thanks! You don’t make it across to GV often?
latest report
Day 5 on the snow (Saturday 18th)

No wind, not a cloud in the sky, a little cooler around 4 C at the base

Pistes are still in superb condition

One of, if not THE quietest Saturday I’ve skied.

Did not queue once.

Had a fantastic week.

Flying home from Barcelona early tomorrow.

Got our Covid LFT and Fit To Fly certificate from Farmacia Carolina Garralla next to the gondola base station in La Massana

16 euros
Took 20 mins start to finish
latest report
Barcelona airport is deserted and a well oiled machine.

Took less than 30 mins to get from bus seat to departure gate
snow conditions
hammerite wrote:
@Orange200, your question about covid pass a few days ago… mine last jab was in April and no one minds. It scans no problem.

Thanks! I’ve started a dedicated TR now, and am trying to put in my experience for others Smile
snow report
Morning

Back in the house in Cardiff after an uneventful return home.

Had all the paperwork to travel on my phone

Fit to fly
Vaccination status
Passenger Locator Form

Showed it at check in at Barcelona airport but nothing was scanned

Had passport scanned to enter departure gate area

Had passport scanned on arrival in UK

Presumably my Passenger Locator info is on my Passport data file otherwise it doesn’t matter

Got day 2 test to do today

Despite the hoops needed to jump through we both agree this was one of the best decisions we’ve made

I’ve been lucky to get my ‘ski fix’ locally for the past 2 winters, but if we’d balked at this chance our next opportunity could well have been knocked back until this time next year.

That would be 34 months off snow for Nerys

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 20-12-21 12:01; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@Mike Pow,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Well worth it and it sounded relatively painless with the bonus of empty pistes and great conditions. I'm still of the lookout for something leaving this weekend and Boris and his chums could well put the brakes on everything come January!
ski holidays
@Mike Pow, glad your back safe and well. I have just tested positive for COVID using a LFT....
Going to be a quiet Christmas for me in Soldeu.
Stay safe everyone
latest report
johnboy wrote:
@Mike Pow,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Well worth it and it sounded relatively painless with the bonus of empty pistes and great conditions. I'm still of the lookout for something leaving this weekend and Boris and his chums could well put the brakes on everything come January!

My pleasure

That’s why this forum is so important to me

I asked and received in spades

If I can help anyone with my experiences, job done.

Truly a great trip.

I hope you’re successful
snow report
pieman666 wrote:
@Mike Pow, glad your back safe and well. I have just tested positive for COVID using a LFT....
Going to be a quiet Christmas for me in Soldeu.
Stay safe everyone

That sucks

Positive but asymptotic or are you ill?

Hope it’s the former
snow report
I have a very slight 'head cold' but nothing really. I tested as my wife is due out tomorrow to join me for a couple of weeks ....
Needless to say she has delayed her flights
snow conditions
Good to hear
latest report
@pieman666, oh crap!

Am on the slopes at ET right now at lunch but guess it would be silly to arrange a meet!

Don’t you need to confirm LFT with PCR, as the former give false positives?

Get well soon, really hope you don’t get worse and that you have a good, even if quiet, Christmas Smile
snow conditions
It's possible that the LFT could give a false positive but with my mild symptoms and the fact that I know at least three people who I have it that I have had some contact with, it doesn't seem worth inflicting myself on public transport for the small chance of a false positive.
The line went so quickly I thought it was a joke so I did a second test.....
Thanks @Orange200, it's going to be quiet but at least I can watch what I want on TV Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Very Happy
ski holidays
Is Dylan's still open in El Tarter? Worth a visit.
snow report
@pieman666, ah, sorry to hear this. Have you got all the stuff you need to get you through isolation? I’m heading back to the U.K. at silly o’clock on Thursday morning, but I could drop some stuff off tomorrow evening if you need it.

@Orange200, sorry, just seen your post about meeting up this week. Apologies, I work a normal Mon-Fri job out here, so I only ski at weekends. Evenings this week have all been about getting stuff sorted at home and getting ready to travel back to the U.K.
snow report
@hammerite, Thanks for the offer really appreciated. Luckily my youngest son is here and staying in separate accommodation so he's shopping for me.
Have a good holiday hopefully I'll be back on the snow in a week...
ski holidays
@pieman666, glad you’re being looked after. Hope you don’t feel too rough!

You’ll be back on the snow before me!
snow conditions
@hammerite, The worst I had was a slightly runny nose two coughs in total and a sneeze once every couple of hours... Not bad enough to miss a days work let alone a days skiing Laughing
When are you back?
snow report
@pieman666, back next Wednesday. I leave early hours of tomorrow morning - the joys of a 7am flight when you live 3 hours from the nearest airport!
snow report
Ouch, that's a long day
latest report
Returned to the U.K. yesterday. It was all pretty straightforward.

LFT at a local pharmacy in ALV on Tuesday evening - €14. They asked if I wanted the certificate in English. PLF filled out and printed in advance. Vaccination certificate uploaded to Ryanair’s website in advance and then becomes part of your boarding pass.

At the airport, I only had a cabin bag, but friends checked in and had their docs checked. They were then given a piece of paper to show that they’d had their docs checked. Mine were checked while I stood in the queue to board. I then got given the same piece of paper. No more checks after that.

I booked my PCR with Randox at the drive in test centre at Jet Parks Stansted £50. I decided on this option because I didn’t want to wait for a kit to get delivered home by post and then get back to Randox. I hoped for a quick turnaround. Collinson and the NHS are also testing at the same place. There was no availability for the walk in test centre directly outside the airport. Anyway, tested at 10.15am yesterday, email received at 12pm to say that my test was at a lab, result confirmed by 6.15pm. Pretty happy with that and virtually no isolation.

I’m returning to AND next Wednesday and the Spanish haven’t yet introduced any new hoops to jump through. Their press conference the other day was just encouraging people to get a booster done and to announce masks to be worn outside. Hopefully that’ll be the same next week.
latest report
Just been to and from the UK in the past week from Andorra. It was pretty straightforward. Tests to get back into the UK and a bit of paperwork. Just paperwork to get into Spain.

It doesn’t seem excessively busy at the moment. It is noticeable how much warmer it is though. Lots of the snow lying around the villages has melted. It was 19c in Barcelona, as I got higher the temps dropped to about 10c at about 600m. Then as I got to Andorra the temps increased again out of the sun in Encamp at about 5pm it was still 14c!

Back skiing tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how the snow is. Will be even more interesting to see what it’s like this time next week after a week of mild temperatures.
ski holidays
It was very busy this morning on the slopes, queues at all the lifts of at least 10 mins if you didn't use the single person queue. The slopes themselves were very busy as well was difficult to get any rhythm going. However around 1pm everyone disappeared (probably queuing for lunch) and the slopes and lifts were virtually deserted....
Snow was pretty good everywhere apart from some very hard packed snow in places, this had mostly softened by the afternoon. A very few bare patches but hourly they will be fixed overnight
snow report
@pieman666, interesting, thanks. I didn’t get here until this afternoon and was judging it by the roads and how busy it was out in and around town! On busy days, the traffic can be carnage, but I guess most skiers around at the moment are here for longer trips rather than day trips, hence quieter roads and busier pistes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy