Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Austrian government website says the interval between 2nd vaccine and booster should be no less than 120 days, so if you had booster at three months as per Uk recommendations you are not eligible to travel to Austria is this correct? Has anyone travelled there in this situation?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Plenty of info on here: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=153006&start=6840
You may need to read back a page or two.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Xantheb, Welcome to Snowheads. All info is on the link that Scarlet has given you, but regardless of when you had a booster you are eligible to travel to Austria with a Negative PCR within 48 hours of travel, or a recovery from COVID certificate.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
RedandWhiteFlachau wrote:
@Xantheb, Welcome to Snowheads. All info is on the link that Scarlet has given you, but regardless of when you had a booster you are eligible to travel to Austria with a Negative PCR within 48 hours of travel, or a recovery from COVID certificate.

It's my understanding now (after being put right in the monster thread) that negative PCR is a must. The COVID recovery certificate can replace the booster requirement not the negative PCR
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
robandliza wrote:

It's my understanding now (after being put right in the monster thread) that negative PCR is a must. The COVID recovery certificate can replace the booster requirement not the negative PCR

Correct.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Xantheb, welcome to snowHeads.

Just to summarise: the Austrian border authorities are only interested in seeing the 3rd (booster) jab proof. They are not checking the time elapsed between 2nd and 3rd. Negative PCR test is a must.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And if you are a 16 or 17 year old child, then basically you can't go as you can't get the Ninja pass and it will have been impossible to be Boosted, coming from the UK?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cacciatore wrote:
robandliza wrote:

Correct.

OK, we're still not quite in agreement. Anyone who is not an Austrian Resident and has been in an area of Variant Concern CAN travel to Austria without a Negative PCR Test. It is just that without one (Boostered or not) you will have to fill in the pre-arrival form and Quarantine for a minimum of 5 days before you can PCR test out.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Afternoon, apologies for labouring this point but I’ve been keenly following the main thread about travelling to Austria for the past month and thought I had all eventualities thought through but hadn’t picked up on this detail. We’re due to travel 2nd week in Feb but from the sounds of it if any of my party catch Covid and recover before end of January but still likely to return a +ve PCR test 2 weeks later i.e. just before travelling then it’s pointless getting a signed recovery form as that won’t be excepted.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Origin_Al, That's what we're arguing. My information, direct from the people actually doing the checking at Salzburg Airport, is that if you arrive without a negative PCR Test but with a Certificate of Recovery less than 180 Days old AND the signed Annex i form on the Pre-Travel link they will let you in without the need to Quarantine. Others are saying differently. I expect it all to change again before Feb though.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Alex A wrote:
And if you are a 16 or 17 year old child, then basically you can't go as you can't get the Ninja pass and it will have been impossible to be Boosted, coming from the UK?

And some 15 yr olds (born pre sept 2006). Recovered equates to boosted though which is a way in for anyone who has recovered and can prove it (my GP has refused to sign the official form from Austrian embassy)
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@RedandWhiteFlachau, thanks! Sorry I picked that up differently from your message. With my kids back at school I think there is little to no chance of not catching it in the next few weeks, can’t do anything if they do catch it closer to the time but at least if they catch it in the next few weeks and recover then I can look at getting the paperwork sorted out. As you say it’s all likely to change again but I’ll keep watching the threads and follow the advice you guys are providing Eh oh!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cacciatore wrote:
robandliza wrote:

Correct.

OK, we're still not quite in agreement. Anyone who is not an Austrian Resident and has been in an area of Variant Concern CAN travel to Austria without a Negative PCR Test. It is just that without one (Boostered or not) you will have to fill in the pre-arrival form and Quarantine for a minimum of 5 days before you can PCR test out.

Apologies. You’re right - in haste I hadn’t read the fully/accurately.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for all your replies and advice.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A bit of feedback from the coal face, I'm presently in Obergurgl. Arrived yesterday, went for a couple of beers late this afternoon to the Neiderhutte on the run back down to the village with four of our ski buddies To get in they were checking everyone for the booster and this had to be be backed up by photo ID in the form of either a driving license or passport. They are taking Covid seriously in Austria so be warned. They have Live Apres ski music but no one is allowed to dance or sing you have to remain seated at your tables and wear your mask when going going to the loo. Personally I don't have a problem with this just glad to be able to ski after an absence of nearly two years. My wife and I had our photo driving licenses to hand as was the case with our friends so we were allowed in. Why anybody would ski in a mountain environment without identification is beyond me, but people were being turned away including a very gobby Brit with his partner.
latest report
@Snowbandit56, good to hear there’s still live music somewhere. Given that officially ‘apres bars are shut’, its quite reassuring to hear the Nederhutte is open. Are you still allowed to order 50 Pear Williams and hang all the flags off the light fittings, or is there a new game?
ski holidays
Alex A wrote:

You can if you are a 16/17 yo that's recovered and then double jabbed. That's the only way out I think...
ski holidays
Just thought I'd give my take on the 120 days between 2nd and 3rd. I think this is either a mistake or out of date on English version sources. The official and most up to date source is www.sozialministerium.at and is referenced on many webpages, including the embassy at the bottom (https://www.bmeia.gv.at/en/austrian-embassy-london/travelling-to-austria/coronavirus-covid-19-and-travel-abroad/) as well as UK gov link (https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/austria/entry-requirements)

Anyway, in there there is a specific section in the FAQ titled "Under what conditions are third-country citizens (e.g. English people) allowed to enter from virus variant areas?"
This section actually has a heading titled "Proof of booster" and reads as follows:

"Any further vaccination dose that goes beyond the “ first vaccination series ” (recovery + 1 vaccination, 2/2 vaccinations or 1/1 for Janssen vaccinations) is rated as a “booster” . A recovery (valid proof of recovery 180 days) that took place in addition to the first series of vaccinations may also be counted as a "booster"."

There is no mention of 120 days and this was last updated 7th Jan.

Here is the link to webpage (https://www.sozialministerium.at/Informationen-zum-Coronavirus/Coronavirus---Haeufig-gestellte-Fragen/FAQ-Einreise-nach-Oesterreich.html)
If you Google the link, you'll get a translation option. Enjoy!
snow report
@viciousvulture, Helpful, thank you. Otherwise eldest child could have got caught out by this if we go in Feb...
snow report
The 120 day “rule” was never there to catch out tourists, it is simply the number of days that must pass before you can receive a 3rd dose in Austria. It is good that it has been removed from the travel regs section, as it is not relevant to tourists.
ski holidays
Anyone heard any rumours if Austria will follow Germany's lead and relax the rules a bit and drop the PCR test requirement?
Hopefully they drop it at end of January when I think they next review the rules?
ski holidays
It's ridiculously out of date. Omicron is everywhere, including Austria, yet they've blocked out 4 countries rolling eyes
After Germany did it last week I thought they'd follow pretty swiftly but no mention of it. Officially it lasts until end of Jan so certain to be dropped after then.
snow report
Yeah it seems totally pointless now. Hopefully they see sense in a few weeks and drop it like Germany.

I can live without the dancing on the apres ski tables and singing bit Laughing
ski holidays
@pctaylor, table dancing and singing should never be under estimated Very Happy
ski holidays
My son is 17, recovered from Covid in September and had his second jab yesterday so I assume he'll be ok to go to Austria in February half term? NHS App ok for proof?
latest report
pctaylor wrote:

I can live without the dancing on the apres ski tables

Unlike the Tischler Toofy Grin Laughing
snow conditions
TopGooner wrote:
My son is 17, recovered from Covid in September and had his second jab yesterday so I assume he'll be ok to go to Austria in February half term? NHS App ok for proof?

I certainly hope so as that's the basis on which my 16yo will be going!
snow report
Fingers crossed eh!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If my 12 year old is double jabbed is that ok, or does she still need the ninja pass?
snow conditions
viciousvulture wrote:
It's ridiculously out of date. Omicron is everywhere, including Austria, yet they've blocked out 4 countries rolling eyes
After Germany did it last week I thought they'd follow pretty swiftly but no mention of it. Officially it lasts until end of Jan so certain to be dropped after then.

Agreed, if I thought for one minute that these tests would help the current situation then I wouldn’t hesitate to go along with them, however as they are now about as much use as a burst balloon it does stick in the throat that several hundred pound is heading straight down the drain.
ski holidays
Thank you TTT for the info, but I'm still not sure whether my double jabbed 12 year old needs a ninja pass, I think yes because she's from the UK
snow report
I'm also not sure and would love a definite answer. She'll need a PCR to get in, but then who is going to check after that whether she's doing two more tests to fulfil the Ninja pass requirements? Nobody, because when buying the ski pass and going into restaurants or huts all they will want to see is her double jabbed status.

My plan (if the rules don't change) is to check with border control on arrival whether my double jabbed under 15s need the Ninja pass or not.
snow conditions
Does Austria accept Randox PCR tests or do they have to be carried out in a clinic?
snow report
I think 12-15 do need ninja pass even if double jabbed - it’s replacing the booster requirement for uk citizens. Would love to be proved wrong though
ski holidays
lissieW wrote:
I think 12-15 do need ninja pass even if double jabbed - it’s replacing the booster requirement for uk citizens. Would love to be proved wrong though

This is my interpretation also.
ski holidays
peter2512 wrote:
lissieW wrote:

This is my interpretation also.

Me too, however if they have recovered (within 180 days) and can prove this then I think they can get away with not having the ninja pass.
snow report
Travelling to splitboard festival in Austria tomorrow. Flying into Munich and train to Jenbach. According to RKI website digital entry registration form for Germany not needed for transit if not staying overnight. Vaccination proof uploaded to BA booking but they will not let us check in without German digital entry reg form - which requires German address. After advice on here last night have submitted form putting address as Munich Airport and have also uploaded to BA website but they are still not letting us check in. Booking does say we can travel but because form not submitted may not be allowed into Germany. Hoping they update their records soon. Have printed out digital entry form, vaccination proof, hotel reservation in Austria and have just had neg PCR tests back. Flying at 0855 tomorrow .... I hope! This is hard! You have to be pretty dedicated to get out/in!
snow report
Well on the 12-15 issue, it depends on where you read about the requirements. Some websites say that for that age group the rules for non-virus variant areas still apply. I wish they would just make it clear so it can't be interpreted one way or another. How hard can that be?
snow conditions
What on earth is a Ninja pass? If I had a Ninja pass, I'm not sure I could tell you about it.

Looks like I need to do some digging.
latest report
Agreed, wtf is a ninja pass? I want one! Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy