Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Motorhome sites

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,
We want to ski in France mid April.
Any advice on a good site to stay with facilities including a hook up would be appreciated.
We are going with children so must be able to pre book and be relatively easy to get to the ski school and slopes.
Resort also needs to high enough given the time of year.
Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Vietnam0898, welcome to snowheads. Mid april is quite late so you may prefer to be quite high, as you say. There's a few threads which mention campsites suitable for motorhomes if you use the search but one recent one is here

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=156871

it mentions the site in La Plagne which is literally piste side, though I don't know what facilities it has. There's also a site in Bourg St Maurice which would allow you to get the funicular up to Les Arcs. THat thread links to a couple of older threads on the same topic
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Vietnam0898, les menuires (high resort in the 3vallleys) have a site, it has electric hook up, and the usual water facilities from what i have seen. that is accessible to the pistes and centre of town for ski school.

I never used it but you ski right past it, and have stayed pretty close to it before in an apartment.

not sure how easy it is to pre-book, but assume it will be on the below link
https://lesmenuires.com/en/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
terrygasson wrote:
@Vietnam0898, les menuires (high resort in the 3vallleys) have a site, it has electric hook up, and the usual water facilities from what i have seen. that is accessible to the pistes and centre of town for ski school.

I never used it but you ski right past it, and have stayed pretty close to it before in an apartment.

not sure how easy it is to pre-book, but assume it will be on the below link
https://lesmenuires.com/en/

That's an Aire so you can't pre-book, but I doubt you'd need to book at that time of the year, unless there is exceptional conditions.

As mentioned above, I think the campsite at Bourge is a good solution. Also consider the campsite in Meribel https://www.seemeribel.com/campsites/le-martagon-motorhome-caravaneige-meribel-le-raffort-49482
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks very much everyone.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Last time I was in Bourg (on the campsite in mid March) the weather had turned to Spring. The buds were coming out on the trees, the snow had completely gone and the football pitches were back up and running. The ski shops were turning themselves into bike shops. It was t-shirt weather and it felt very odd to be marching around in ski gear.

There was still plenty of snow higher up but (for me) there's only a small window each day when skiing on it is enjoyable.
Obviously, no-one can say what the weather in April 2022 will be like - could be colder with good snow?

Huttopia is a good campsite, nice walk through the woods and play parks/swimming pool only a few hundred metres away from the site so good for kids - take wellies, it may be quite muddy.
EHU used to be inc in the price - may not be now.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alpes D'Huez. 1800mtrs so snow should be ok although it can get lots of sun and be heavy late season, big motorhome area under the link lift to Auris, I've not used it but noticed it when I was there pre-lockdown, pretty much in the centre of resort.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy