Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Airways Flight Changes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Had tons of changes and cancellations for flights in Jan.

BA been the worst, splitting up our group to different flights several hours apart. Refused any refund too! Overbooking apparently…

Trying to get back to Manchester on Jan 12th but having trouble.

Anyone know about transfer times in Paris CDG or Brussels?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@bezthespaniard, if they can ell your flight then they can't refuse a refund.

You also don't need to accept their "rebooking" because it is only a suggestion.

You can choose another time or day. I did this last week.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They cancelled my flight for the Jan 19th, but luckily LHR-GVA has flights every 3 hours so, I just switched to the next one - no dramas. I guess there's not quite so many direct flights for provincial airports.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have had two changes too, both in Feb - and both worked out better for me once I selected something else to switch to rather than the suggested flight - hope you find something that works.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This seems to be a new and recurring pain these days (for obvious reasons) - it's just incredibly frustrating; a holiday is generally made up of several links in a chain, and if one breaks then it can throw all the rest out. For our trip last Easter, the flight was moved to a different day and a different airport. In the end the holiday was cancelled, but if it hadn't have been then I'm not sure what we would have done.

Fingers crossed you get it sorted.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
GlasgowCyclops wrote:

You also don't need to accept their "rebooking" because it is only a suggestion.

They moved half the group to a flight 4 hours earlier which is allowed under their T&Cs apparently. No refund or compensation.

Livid
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
WindOfChange wrote:
They cancelled my flight for the Jan 19th, but luckily LHR-GVA has flights every 3 hours so, I just switched to the next one - no dramas. I guess there's not quite so many direct flights for provincial airports.

Less of the provincial Wink

No direct flights to Manc it seems so we either go via Paris or Brussels
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
WindOfChange wrote:

I think there are NO direct flights from provincial airports. All BA flights go via LHR (certainly in the case of Newcastle). rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bezthespaniard wrote:
GlasgowCyclops wrote:

They moved half the group to a flight 4 hours earlier which is allowed under their T&Cs apparently. No refund or compensation.

Livid

you should have the right to refund.
Where you flying from?
Does it have to be into Manchester? Would liverpool be an option?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@bezthespaniard, did you book direct, or through an agent? If the latter, then ignore all the above as it's the agent's rules that count, and those are often less customer-friendly than BA's own rules.

If the former, then BA's rules always used to be (and I don't think have changed) that any of the following count as "cancellation" and entitlement to full refund or move to flight of your choice within 24 months of original booking date:

1) Change of flight number (even if the flight time is the same, this is a cancellation)
2) Change of flight time > 2hrs
3) Change of airport

In the current environment, flying from regional airports is hugely risky. There's been a number of threads like this one. Major airline, major airports, high route frequencies is the least risky option at present, tho' I appreciate that's not very convenient for those living far from London. Indirect flights/anything with a transfer has 4x the risk of disruption.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Direct with BA. They finally gave me a refund following a complaint and I’ve booked with Brussels Airlines via Brussels.

Frustrating
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy