Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Airport transfer or new destination

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. Finally after 3 years we are hitting the slopes again. We were last in Chamrousse and have made plans to return there again 15 January 2022. I looked up Bens bus website (as we have used them on the last trip) but there is a message saying they are no longer travelling to Chamrousse Sad . I have looked at a few other companies and I am seeing quotes for over £400 (for us two). I know much has happened over the last 2 years but are transfers from Grenoble airport this expensive now Puzzled ? We don't mind travelling in a coach with others if it brings the cost down.
Failing that if that is the cost is that much we might need to look at other resorts or travel companies which include transfer in the package.

Any advise is welcome.
Should I open a new topic to ask about alternative ski\snowboard locations?

Blue runs - Yes please
Apres - Not important
Ski in\out or close to the slopes

Thank you.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@nattib, there will be a bus to Grenoble station from the airport, then a bus from there to Chamrousse. Bit more of a faff than Ben's Bus but it won't be £400.

Alternative resorts easily accessed and some have Ben's Bus still running. Valloire/Valmeinier, Serre Chevalier, Alpd D'Huez and Les Deux-Alpes.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@nattib, have a look at Rome2rio website, I’ve been using it to look at options for this season, I’m traveling solo and want to keep costs down, it gives Train, bus and car options , bus transfer times may be more than Ben’s bus, but in many cases it’s very good value.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you both for the tips. I hope this will work out. wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Go to Austria.
wee wee easy & cheap to get around.
Better food, cheaper & nicer beer.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We went Lyon->Chamrousse last year using two legs of buses each way, changing at Grenoble: one BlaBla then one Transalitude. I was uncomfortable with the risk that something would go wrong, but it all ran like clockwork, and the 90 minutes changeover time we'd allowed ourselves was more than enough. The children seemed to enjoy the multiple modes of transport, probably helped by both transfer days being exceptionally sunny and good weather for waiting around outside cafes/bars.

The total cost for all four of us was e80 for BlaBla and e126 for the Transaltitude. Would I do it again... not sure. I'd be interested in knowing whether snowheads would say that I was lucky, or whether the French bus system is consistently that good?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@garyyb, since the - hopefully temporary - demise of regular, cheapish, shared transfers from Chamonix to Geneva we've been mostly using scheduled buses, and they've been totally reliable. Probably done around 8 return trips since flights restarted.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sorry if this sounds daft but what is BlaBla?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nattib wrote:

busses/shared lifts
Bens Bus also goes from Lyon now
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
nattib wrote:

https://www.blablacar.co.uk/
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy