Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

France Pass Sanitaire - Booster Jab Mandatory 15 Dec Over 65

Poster: A snowHead
brianatab wrote:
@rob@rar, I don't think anybody in that article was quoted as implying the booster vaccine was not effective.

The main objection is to the way it was announced, as part of a Campaign Speech for next year's elections, with Macron trying to take full personal credit for the vaccine development and distribution as a screen for his other failures and problems.
So one politician criticises another politician, without really paying much attention to the science. I’m not sure that’s worthy of much comment.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well, whatever the politics of it, I’m very annoyed. Have missed the last two years’ seasons due to this wretched coronavirus and now, our booster jabs booked in with GP in a couple of weeks apparently won’t be recognised on the NHS app - in our cases, for the purposes of getting on a ski lift, etc…. My husband is 65, so. I guess all we can do is see if the NHS will be modified. It’s also ridiculous that 15-18 can’t have their vaccinations recorded on the App. I started skiing 45 years ago and I know at this age, you love it so much. It all seems so discriminatory to me. Let’s hope it gets sorted. I appreciate it shouldn’t affect the majority - between 18 and 64 - but for me, the older I get, the more I appreciate still being able to stagger on to the slopes. Grrrr, basically.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Kimski44, but your existing 2 jabs would be recognised by the Swiss app? No?

If so, just use the Swiss one?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Posted in another section but worth repeating
For anyone wanting to publicise the issues to try and gain some traction BBC 'One Show' Watchdog segment are wanting people who are having problems with vaccine status to contact them. Get the emails flowing, you never know it might help as I'm sure they will put questions to NHS / Government.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I may have got this wrong - but I am sure I heard on the radio news only this morning that booster jabs will be recorded on the NHS app - but there is a back log that they hope to clear soon.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Kimski44 wrote:
Well, whatever the politics of it, I’m very annoyed. Have missed the last two years’ seasons due to this wretched coronavirus and now, our booster jabs booked in with GP in a couple of weeks apparently won’t be recognised on the NHS app - in our cases, for the purposes of getting on a ski lift, etc…. My husband is 65, so. I guess all we can do is see if the NHS will be modified. It’s also ridiculous that 15-18 can’t have their vaccinations recorded on the App. I started skiing 45 years ago and I know at this age, you love it so much. It all seems so discriminatory to me. Let’s hope it gets sorted. I appreciate it shouldn’t affect the majority - between 18 and 64 - but for me, the older I get, the more I appreciate still being able to stagger on to the slopes. Grrrr, basically.

We are the same. My husband is 73. We need to make the most of the years left!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
When you contact the NHS app people the standard response given is they are considering whether or not to put the booster on the app as it is not required for domestic travel. Complacency beggars belief.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name wrote:
@Kimski44, but your existing 2 jabs would be recognised by the Swiss app? No?

If so, just use the Swiss one?

Well, I would, but I’m going to France….. it’s Macron today who has decided that anyone over 65 must have the booster vacc, and this will be recorded on their health APP. But it doesn’t get recorded on the NHS app. So no go.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Kimski44, but it might well work on the French App like I said on the previous page?
Like I said OH is getting it this Friday and we'll try, if that fails we go to France in circa ten days and see what we can do to get it into the French system or just show the card / paper work which I suspect most places will accept.

Though admittedly it's a big call for most for their holiday if it can't be sorted, like I said we'll try and then report back.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well I hope so, for you! And please do report back about how you get on! Good luck.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Kimski44, but afaik a valid Swiss app is perfectly valid in France (certainly my French app is perfectly valid in CH) , that's why it's called the EU Digital Passport scheme (in English). Unless I have it completely wrong, if you have a valid Swiss pass sanitaire, it's valid in France*

* Might not work for 3rd country nationals Twisted Evil
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
under a new name wrote:
@Kimski44, but afaik a valid Swiss app is perfectly valid in France (certainly my French app is perfectly valid in CH) , that's why it's called the EU Digital Passport scheme (in English). Unless I have it completely wrong, if you have a valid Swiss pass sanitaire, it's valid in France*

* Might not work for 3rd country nationals Twisted Evil

..............although, to be completely pedantic CH is not in the EU either Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@GreenDay, no, but for everyday purposes ... just shows what a bit of pragmatic sense can achieve Twisted Evil
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@under a new name, I know, I know..........I was just getting in before one of the Brexit loons picked you up Toofy Grin

Funnily enough, we had a couple of Polish guys at our house yesterday doing a bit of rendering and we were having a laugh about how they - by virtue of still holding EU passports - have simpler travel arrangements into and around Europe now vs us !!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@GreenDay, well exactly, hence my application for a French passport.

At GVA the other week the passport officer on the way out sniggered ( Shocked ) at Mrs U's British passport and reminded her that its only utility now was slightly quicker queues on the way into the uk rolling eyes and to remember to use her French one for everything else Shocked
ski holidays
Well as I was part of an O/AZ trial of a booster in August , I started to get worried about this so I wrote to the organisers and was told that they are working on a "certificate" to prove that I had had my booster...I am still worried! rolling eyes

"Thank you for your email.

We are just waiting on local approvals to provide all participants with a certificate showing that you have received a booster dose of vaccine. As soon as we receive the approvals the documentation will be sent to all participants.

In regards to having a fourth vaccine it would not be recommend at this stage. There is no evidence to suggest it is actually required or beneficial, and as it has not been officially studied there is an absence of safety data.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us again should you need to."
ski holidays
The Telegraphs latest article covers the issue well.

New rules for France show that the old normal of simple travel is a very long way off
Varying vaccine requirements are creating an administrative and compliance nightmare for holidaymakers
By
Nick Trend,
CHIEF CONSUMER AND CULTURE EDITOR
10 November 2021 • 12:16pm

President Macron has announced that everyone over 65 has to have had a booster jab by December 15 or their Pass Sanitaire – required for holidays – will cease to be valid.
If you thought things were going to get simpler for travellers now the worst of the pandemic appears to be behind us, think again. The news about changes to requirements for booster jabs in France is just the latest development in the growing web of complex rules being imposed on visitors by destinations all over the world.

After many months when things were relatively simple – you were either allowed into a country or not – different implementation of vaccination requirements by individual countries is creating an administrative and compliance nightmare for holidaymakers and, in some cases, preventing even those who have been jabbed in this country from visiting.

The French changes – announced by President Macron yesterday – will require everyone over 65 to have had a booster jab by December 15 or their Pass Sanitaire will cease to be valid. The Pass is enshrined in the TousAntiCovid app which acts as a vaccination passport and must be scanned before you can travel on long-distance trains, enter sights, restaurants, bars and other indoor spaces. (The only alternative is to be tested every couple of days and show evidence of a negative result).

How the rules will be applied to overseas visitors has yet to be confirmed, but it seems certain that they will be imposed on tourists entering the country, and in any case, it really isn’t feasible to travel around France without a Pass Sanitaire. A further complication for British visitors is that currently the NHS app, which syncs with TousAntiCovid, cannot display the additional QR code which confirms that you have had a booster jab. The issue, unless sorted, could also make things awkward for anyone over 65 who has booked a holiday in France after mid December.

Macron also announced that French citizens aged between 50 and 64 years of age will be able to get a booster at the start of December, so it seems likely that this cohort will be affected in the same way in early 2022.

But these are just some of the new rules for France. Virtually all countries have different requirements for vaccination and they can be highly complex, with variations affecting your age, the type of vaccine you have received, and the length of time immunity is recognised as effective. For example, starting from December 6, Austrian vaccination passports are only valid for nine months after the holder received a second dose. Meanwhile, the French Pass Sanitaire rules require everyone who has been vaccinated with the Janssen vaccine to have a booster, regardless of age.

There are particular issues for children, too. Many countries do welcome under-18s or under-12s who are travelling with a fully vaccinated adult. But others have much stricter rules. Malta only allows entry for children aged 12-17 with proof of full vaccination (two doses) and there are similar rules in Germany, Canada, the Netherlands, France and several other countries. This is a major issue for British families as the UK is only offering a single dose to under-18s. Sometimes vaccine rules can be circumnavigated with testing, sometimes not.

Meanwhile, some countries also require you to have evidence of a PCR test taken no more than 72 hours before travel or arrival. Others – Greece for example – have a Passenger Locator Form which needs completing before you are allowed into the country.

In short – vaccination rules have created a minefield for travellers. Before you book, and before you travel, make sure you can comply – the Foreign Office travel advice for your destination is a good starting point (fco.gov.uk), but check directly with the tourist board too, just to make sure.
snow conditions
@Duster, The Telegraph has at least one fact wrong as France does allow entry for teenagers who aren't vaccinated if they are with parents. There is a difference between allowing entry and having to have a covid pass to enter restaurants etc. Therefore one can not describe France as similar to Malta.
latest report
@snowymum, AIUI, the Telegraph has a few facts wrong as Tous Anti Covid is merely the French manifestation of the EU Digital Passport, so e.g. a German person with the German app can quite happily "travel on long-distance trains, enter sights, restaurants, bars and other indoor spaces", etc. with their own app.
snow conditions
Connexion has:

A booster Covid vaccine dose will be obligatory for all over-65s for their pass sanitaire (health pass) to continue to be valid from December 15. After this date, over-65s who received their second dose more than six months and five weeks before will have to have had a booster to avoid their health pass being deactivated. However, if by December 15 six months have not passed since your second dose, you will still be able to use your pass as normal, as long as you go for your booster when required.

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/Boosters-masks-fifth-wave-Key-points-of-Macron-s-speech-on-Covid?utm_source=Master+List&utm_campaign=37985c6da3-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2021_11_10_2021&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_9b5fbe85b4-37985c6da3-358619305

On another forum, someone listened to the Macron speech and wrote:

"Over 65's don't have their Pass Sanitaire automatically revoked on the 15th December because they don't have a booster.

The rules are a booster is required within 6 months and 5 weeks of the second jab.

So if a 65 year old had their second jab on 1st July, the booster is not necessary until 8th March 2022."
ski holidays
Out of interest, can the French actually enforce this for foreign nationals, or will revocation of the PS only apply to French citizens? For example, CH doesn’t currently have a booster programme for for under-65s, for example. Surely the French cannot revoke a Swiss PS (or can they?).

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 11-11-21 14:20; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Having had the booster jab and being over 65 , there are two issues :
Will the French apply this to tourists, or just the French it’s not clear yet.
If they do will the U.K. COVID app be amended to display booster jabs by 15 Dec.
ski holidays
@Duster, did you have the booster in the UK or France?

If UK have you tried to get it into the French Covid App?

In the UK were you given some paper-work for the booster?

Asking the above for my OH.

Just that when I had my 2nd jab in France, first was in the UK, in France they uploaded my UK jab to the French system, so presume they might do that for when I have my booster, which will probably be March anyway, and in the meantime, see if I can get my OH's booster details, once we're in France on to the French system somehow.

Though maybe easier to type than actually do Puzzled

For us might be a little easier, as we'll just stick to venues where we're known etc even if it means the OH just showing her booster jab paper work.

Does raise whole issues of who will ask your age etc.

Just imagine if you're 58 and someone asks you your age, inferring that you look seven years older than you actually are Shocked Laughing
snow conditions
@Weathercam, All my three jabs have been in the U.K. by my GP practice who said they were not giving out another card for dose 3. They did immediately update my GP vaccination record which you can see via the NHS app. However this is not of much use since as you probably know the French use the COVID verification app which only works with QR codes.
I have updated the French Tous COVID app from scanning a paper copy of my second jab QR code. Again it requires a QR code. I can’t see a way of updating the app any other way. Both Tous COVID and NHS apps worked on my list trip.
If your booster in March is in France then perhaps that looks good for you.
snow conditions
Just sent an email to the tourist office at Les Deux Alpes. We are there early Jan. I have asked what confirmation the resorts bars etc will ask for. Pretty certain they will not have sorted it yet, but gives them a push. I specifically stated that the booster does not appear on the UKNHS app.
latest report
telford_mike wrote:
Out of interest, can the French actually enforce this for foreign nationals, or will revocation of the PS only apply to French citizens? For example, CH doesn’t currently have a booster programme for for under-65s, for example. Surely the French cannot revoke a Swiss PS (or can they?).

Don't see why they couldn't, Austria are doing it with J&J vaccine and only 270 days validity.
ski holidays
Weathercam wrote:

Does raise whole issues of who will ask your age etc.
Just imagine if you're 58 and someone asks you your age, inferring that you look seven years older than you actually are

The part of Macron's speech that I saw stated that the Pass Sanitaire had to be accompanied by ID to access venues. Presumably French ID cards have DoB on them
latest report
@Timc, the QR code has DOB in it.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Chris_n, Oh, forgot that, the ID bit still remains valid, presumably I could (illegally) upload a younger persons covid pass to my TAC app.
latest report
@Duster, >GP practice who said they were not giving out another card for dose 3. They did immediately update my GP vaccination record which you can see via the NHS app.

So, can you confirm that in the NHS App, J3 info is the same as J1 and J2 with QR code etc?? Presumably it can be printed out as well, as with J1/2.
snow report
Timc wrote:
@Chris_n, Oh, forgot that, the ID bit still remains valid, presumably I could (illegally) upload a younger persons covid pass to my TAC app.

I suspect there is a fair bit of 'circumnavigating' the rules going on in France, there's a significant degree of vax hesitancy, and when I was in a French vax centre in October there were big posters up warning of the €45k fines imposed if you were caught coming for a vax in a false name (ie so someone else could claim vax status without receiving the jab).
snow report
@Timc, they can ask you for ID too i.e. driving licence. I don't know what the penalties for cheating would be in France but would presume it would be similar to Austria where you could end up with a prison sentence.
snow conditions
Quote:

Pass Sanitaire had to be accompanied by ID to access venues

What sort of venues? Certainly not pubs, bars and restaurants ...
snow report
@colinstone, The GP record is the only place where information on the Booster can be found in my case. A couple of lines similar to 1 and 2 but stating Booster.
The GP record as you probably know can be accessed through the App.
On the App itself under ‘Get your NHS COVID pass’ there is no entry for the Booster under Domestic or Travel , no QR code etc.etc. and therein lies the problem.
latest report
under a new name wrote:

What sort of venues? Certainly not pubs, bars and restaurants ...

The report I read of Macron's speech stated pass sanitaire plus ID would be require for venues from Dec 15th. I assumed pubs, bars, theatres, sports etc.
latest report
@Timc, can't see that happening. Sports venues, theatres, etc. maybe but not for a quick pint.
snow report
@under a new name, exactly.

Though I can understand, how for some going on their holiday (if over 65) this is probably a cause for concern.

My OH is almost being too lackadaisical over it, and in hindsight, I think she would have been better getting the booster in France.
ski holidays
I have been to France twice in the last couple of months. The adherence to the Covid rules is very different to the U.K. They apply the rules quite robustly. Masks everywhere, Covid pass required in all restaurants without exception. The only bar I went in didn’t ask but I am known there. Whilst I would hope the application of the rules in bars are more relaxed come the season I wouldn’t hold your hopes up.
As an over 65 we are travelling to France on the 10 December so hopefully escape any potential issues on entry so am less worried and hopefully the Covid pass issue may be resolved in any event.
latest report
@Duster, I did a manic day trip to France six or so weeks ago, travelling out and back on the same day on Eurostar.

I had an hour and a bit to kill for the return train so chilled out watching the world go by at one of the many brasseries by the Gare du Nord, and I did not see one instance of people showing their apps etc

We're back out for the season in ten days or so, though might delay if the Snow-Gods don't come up with the goods, so we can all compare our experiences.
snow conditions
@Weathercam, That will be good to share experiences, hopefully the snow gods will deliver for you. The restaurants in Nancy and Epinal were asking for the Covid Pass. The ones in the ski resort were closed, a meeting I went to at an immobiliser were very strict on masks as were all supermarkets/shops on route. Hopefully a more relaxed atmosphere in ski resorts in season.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy