Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Innsbruck to Solden

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

I fancy going to the ski race in Solden end of October but wondered if anyone could recommend the best way/most cost effective way of getting from Innsbruck airport to Solden please?

Is train / bus easy enough? or should I just get a private transfer? I cant seem to find any shared transfers from a quick google

We did the Solden race last year as a family and hired a car however Im travelling on my own this year and dont drive so thats unfortunately not an option.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@PortSki, I vaguely remember in the past buying tickets for the race and being offered the option of a bus ride from Inntal on the day of the race. The bus had various pick up points along Inntal, ending up at the race.
I just did a quick search and I can't find anything but you could try asking the tourist office.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@PortSki, There are buses from Ötztal Bahnhof which should link with the trains. You can book tickets on the ÖBB app to cover the entire journey. There is a shuttle bus between the airport & Hauptbahnhof. In general public transport is well organised in Austria.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As above, it would be bus-train-bus with changes at Innsbruck Hauptbahnhof and Ötztal Bahnhof. It would take 2-2.5 hours depending on the route, and cost €18.80 each way. Unfortunately, you may get caught up in rail construction works, which would mean a dreaded rail replacement bus service, but I'm not certain where this would be as my understanding is that the construction is west of Ötztal. Anyway, the train section may take a little longer than advertised.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy