Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Inghams accommodation annoyance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm Heather's partner and have been back and forth with Inghams - first few emails were answered fairly promptly but my last email (9th November) hasn't yet had a response - I had explained that the voucher offered doesn't cover even the cheapest courses on the menu and that we expect to be able to eat in the restaurant without having to pay out more.

I tried calling today and got through after 55mins on hold, only to be told he couldn't do anything and I'm best just to continue the email exchange with the person I'm already in correspondence with. I know they are very busy but it was a bit of a disappointing response. Hopefully they will come back to me shortly on email and we can make a decision on whether to proceed or cancel.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pretty disappointing to have chosen to pay over the odds then not get what you paid for. The 45 euro voucher sounds a lot but having looked at the menu, it doesn’t get you what seems to have previously been agreed.

https://www.charmantpetitlac.com/resto-tata/#1
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How about writing to the hotel directly?

You have a health condition that makes walking down the road every evening a hardship. They've previous agreed with the TO that you can eat a 3-course meal in the in-hotel restaurant for 45 euro. They should be able to honor that agreement even if only for your party.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I get that the outcome is not what you want, but CHF45 is a reasonable sum for a HB dinner. I actually think this is quite generous, giving you the opportunity to enjoy a la carte in a very good restaurant. Had the hotel chosen to continue serving HB meals in the hotel restaurant, for sure it would not be the same standard as the a la carte menu.

It seems to me that you actually have the same options you booked, i.e. a choice between:
1. Bistro
2. Mountain restaurant
3. Hotel restaurant for gourmet food - you can easily get a starter and main for your voucher. And choose to spend a bit more for a full menu and a much higher standard experience.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Zikomo, if that had been what we booked as the package deal I may agree, but what we believed we were getting was the option to eat a three course meal at the hotel restaurant whenever we chose to, without any additional cost... which we considered reasonable since we'd booked a 5 star package and paid accordingly.

Although the 45euro voucher does seem a good amount, as others have stated it doesn't cover even the cheapest courses and there is no other menu option for us to select from at that restaurant.

The good news is that we came a resolution with Inghams - they offered us a £70 reduction in our package price, which should offset the cost of eating at the restaurant 3 or 4 nights which seems like a reasonable compromise.

Now we can just look forward to the holiday and start praying to the snow gods for some lovely powder Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Paul_Shanks, glad that you got a satisfactory resolution of the problem. As you've found, it pays to persist and not necessarily accept the first offer the TO provides if you think you have a reasonable case for a somewhat better offer. Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Many thanks to Heather and Paul for sharing their experience. I look forward to reading how their trip went.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Good to know they are talking
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Coming in a bit late and I haven't read all of the comments but your half board package was changed by the hotel recently to mean that the evening meal is taken in the Bistro (100m away). The chef is still overseeing the kitchen and food will continue be to of an expected standard. Children can eat an earlier meal in the Hotel restaurant Resto Tata. The hotel will also offer the possibility of a €50 for any evenings that you wish to eat in the Tata restaurant. The Tat only seats 18 covers at a time.

It isn't Inghams that have altered the contract per se it is an enforced change. For compensation or free cancellation you will need to demonstrate that this is a significant alteration to the contact. I believe that given the Covid restrictions (which have enforced this change) that may be a hard task.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy