Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bourg-Saint-Maurice to St Gervais

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I've got some Eurostar vouchers that I need to book before the end of November, so am looking to get from Bourg-Saint-Maurice to St Gervais in December. Ideally by train, but I'm open to advice!

Thank you!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would have a look through this first and see if you can route this way: https://www.chamonix.net/english/travel/uk/train

If not then I would consider the following:

1) Getting on/off at Moutiers if using the ski train - you are in a superior position to travel back and out/round the valley to St Gervais. Likely need a taxi but less expensive than from Bourg St Maurice

2) The Eurostar voucher should let you book via Paris instead of the direct train ("ski train"), you may want to consider that, though with ski bags + kids not the best transfer, the reason I suggest that is you can then get off at Albertville and get on there for the return - which is in a much better position to continue from to reach St Gervais afterwards - though will still need a taxi, just less distance than from Moutiers and likely will cost less.

3) Can you change accommodation - so you visit somewhere served by Bourg / Moutiers?

4) Use the tickets for a weekend in Paris / Brussels / Amsterdam and then book cheap flights + transfers from GVA
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Taxi from Moutiers to Saint Gervais will cost more than the Eurostar!

As above, it's a really awkward journey to do, better to stay in one of the resorts near Bourg if possible. Otherwise, you can do it by train, see www.sncf.com . It'll take forever (4 hours ish) but it'll be cheap.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
One last thought - if you get out at Moutiers you can always rent a car - c£300 for the week - probably not worth the hassle of the change at albertville as you'll save 20 mins driving but waste more time and added stress of changing in Paris.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not a straightforward drive, either because IIRR Albertville - St Gervais involves either the problematic Gorge d'Arly or a slow detour via the Col des Saisies.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Eurostar aren't operating a train to Moutiers / Bourg this winter. So unless their voucher will be accepted on the Compagnie des Alpes charter service, you may only be able to get as far as Paris/Brussels with it. And then get a more direct train to St Gervais.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy