Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arc'Teryx Jackets!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Dear All

A long time since I've posted on here! Many years ago, I bought an Arc'Teryx Sidewinder jacket and it has been fantastic. After patching it up several times due to the line being discontinued, I'm searching for something else but without any success. There are other Arc'Teryx jackets but none are a shell with a stowable hood. I've no idea why they stopped doing them as I find the hood really irritating when it's down, hence why I haven't bought a new one.

Does anyone know of an Arc'Teryx jacket, or any other make for that matter, that is of a similar spec and the same quality and has a stowable hood?

I thought I'd found an Ortovox one that did the same thing but it wasn't a shell.

Hope everyone has a great time back on the slopes!!!

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jumping Jack Flash, i know just how you feel.
I too had a well-loved Arc'Teryx Sidewinder with stored hood in the collar which finally died.
Arc'Teryx had a look and stated it was beyond repair. They offered a new jacket at 40% of usual price.
Good offer, but I too was upset to find the new Sidewinder had an unstored hood.
After some thought i went for it all the same - i have walking jackets with unstored hoods that didn't cause problems . . .
So how's it been?
No idea really: Covid intervened and not worn it skiing. Sad
Will post back in December snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My Arcteryx Sidewinder Jacket from 2010 doesn't have a stowable hood, but my Arcteryx Stinger from same period does. I still have both Very Happy

I can't see anything from Arcteryx, Jottnar, Norrona, Mammut, Mountain Equipment etc with stowable hoods. I guess the added manufacturing complexity doesn't make it worth their while.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I too used to have a Sidewinder with the stowable hood (Replaced this year with a Micon). I thought that was a good idea when I bought it, but after a short while didn't bother stowing it anymore, and mostly used my Sidewinder SV that has a non-stowing hood.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 5-11-21 17:43; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Based on the comment above, my Sidewinder must have been the SV version, as it doesn't have the stowable hood, and does have the diagonal zip.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jonpim wrote:
Jumping Jack Flash, i know just how you feel.
I too had a well-loved Arc'Teryx Sidewinder with stored hood in the collar which finally died.
Arc'Teryx had a look and stated it was beyond repair. They offered a new jacket at 40% of usual price.
Good offer, but I too was upset to find the new Sidewinder had an unstored hood.
After some thought i went for it all the same - i have walking jackets with unstored hoods that didn't cause problems . . .
So how's it been?
No idea really: Covid intervened and not worn it skiing. Sad
Will post back in December snowHead
I might try e-mailing them! Mine will last about another 2-4 weeks, I reckon. Maybe they can design one on time for next season. I can't believe there isn't another out there. Surely a gap in the market for somebody???
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy