Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine - New Years Eve

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
After much deliberation, booked an apartment in Morzine for NY week. snowHead

Never done NYE in the mountains before.

Obviously, if we want to eat out, we're going to have to book. What about places to drink until midnight comes around? Need booking? Recommendations for eating and drinking on NYE?

Or, will there be some sort of civic fireworks/ entertainment we can view from the street having eaten and drunk in the flat?

Two adults plus an 18yr old and a 15yr old who is happy to pretend to be 18! Cool
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Restaurants will require booking - TBH in the more traditional restaurants, the NYE menu is normally a rip off, as you get a glass of less-than-premium champagne in the deal, but pay a premium price.
As its the biggest night of the year for revenue, they will do 2 sittings so expect to be hurried along if you're on the early shift.
Often the special menu is oysters ( yes, Morzine is famously near the sea ), foie gras, filet mignon etc...
But nothing to stop you booking a table and just eating from the normal menu.
You can normally book during the days beforehand, but do ask what the menu options are, as some will only offer the NYE menu.
You'll be able to drink in all the bars till at least midnight though some popular ones may well be be ticket only ( Dixie, Tibetan, Rhodos, Beanies, Robbo etc.. ) again check when you get here.
The torchlit descent and fireworks are normally earlier in the evening so that families can enjoy them too, but I believe this year there'll be a DJ in the main square to see in the new year : https://en.morzine-avoriaz.com/agenda-dance-floor-with-dj-nico-de-carli-4891732.html?origine_affinage=true&mid=4&action=result&origine_affinage=true

At other events in the main square (Harley days) there's normally a beer tent or 2, so just send the 18 year old to get the beers for their younger sibling.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fireworks are early evening so watch them with a drink at Tremplin and then go down to Clin D’Oeil - by far the nicest owners/ team. You can drop Christelle a message on facebook and she will let you know the set up.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks both. Sounds good!

Not sure about the mountain oysters! Eh oh!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
+1 for the Clin d'Oeil. Many a memorable meal and knees up down there over the years. I can also vouch for the oyster phenomenon - I was once presented with half a basket of Bretagne oysters by the neighbour of a friend I was staying with in Essert Romand one Christmas, and very nice they were too!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The oysters always baffled me, especially when you see big trucks selling them on the side of the road… but it is legit albeit not my choice of celebratory scoff
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Avoriaz has some excellent night time celebrations, prodains gondala is open till about 1 in the morning and busses will still be running.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy