Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying Ex Rental Equipement

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just found this website https://www.skioccas.com.

They appear connected to a number of rental franchises and have quite a range of equipment for sale at good prices ( possibly too good to be true ).

Guess there may be a lot of good quality ex rental kit trying to be offloaded - as not used much last year…

Has anyone used this website or had any experiences of them before.

Are they genuine or one of a number of scammers out there??
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can only speakabout the Rossignol skis
the Zenith Z76 is about 10 years old and likely to be completely worn out and bindings may even be unsafe. I sold mine in 2016 in good condition and got £62 for them.
The Experience 88 is 6-7 years old and if in really good condition and the right buyer might be worth in the region of £120
I bought a pair of Pursuit 400 in 2016 for £180 brand new from Decathlon and sold them in 2018 for £156.
I bought a pair of Hero Allturn Xpress in 2018 for £337 and sold them for £200.
I bought a pair of Hero Elite Plus Ti second hand but in pristine condition for £167 in 2019.

All the Rossignols look overpriced. Add to that they are ex-rentals, likely well battered, probably not a lot of sidewall left then I wouldn't buy them.

No idea about the company.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Expired SSL certificate too. Avoid.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I doubt last seasons rental kit would be being sold off this season, as it would have had minimal use.

Anyway, the odd pricing would put me off, I would have expected €30, or €29.99, but not €29.93, it suggests currency conversion from a no Euro zone source.

At least there appears to be a phone number and physical address, which aren’t usual features of scam sites, that only have an email contact.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Seem to be part of this company --- https://www.signalhire.com/companies/danisports
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@PowderAdict, the interesting thing is - the pricier newer models are priced as .00 or .99 - I suspect the older skis may have been reduced by a % of the original sale price each year which has led to all the weird .xx on the older/cheaper stuff.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good point. I'm always wary of odd pricing points, as they are common feature of fake/scam sites, most common on Oakley ones.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
To extend the scope a bit, WHERE is a good place to go for good ex rental or good used skis. I've literally within 10 mins had the question, "What about skis for Christmas?"

Finally, are the Decathlon (is it Wedze?) skis any good for gentle, recreational, old git skiing? (Cos they come into the 'new' ballpark).

Apologies to those who may have seen other Qs from me on ski pros and cons, and are thinking, "Does CG have a clue what he wants?" You'd be spot on!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@telford_mike,
The website might be dodgy but the outfit seem genuine. Looks like it's where Precision Ski dump their old stock.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Decathlon have some good kit, the reviews for their skis in this years Fall Line Gear Guide are really good....
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Decathlon is doing a great job making good quality skis for a portion of the cost of classic brand....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy