Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hemel lift pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I came in to some unexpected free time today and thought I'd spend a decent chunk of it at Hemel. I checked that there were some 6 hour passes available (at around 8:30), which there were, so I went to check all my kit and dust it off. All ok and ready to book at 9:15 and the 6 hour option has gone and you can't book a 3 hour pass to start before 1pm Sad .

I can't believe that they are that full today and I can't see why you can't book a morning 3 hour pass?? The office is closed until 10am and I'm going to postpone. Bit of a pain.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Probably due to a terrible IT system which declares the morning session as 1000-1300 and the afternoon session as 1300-1600, so from 0900 you can't book a 6 hour pass because that would take you into the "premium" evening session, and the option to book a 3 hour morning pass is also then gone.

A bit like trying to buy a McDonalds breakfast at 1001, when they are busy throwing the pre-cooked food into the bin. Not that I'd ever do that anyway, unless I was seriously desperate...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Blimey, 6 hours at Hemel - I have known less dependent cocaine addicts Twisted Evil Laughing Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Klamm Franzer, was busy this week with half term kiddies and lots of school groups, probably just hit capacity (which has been reduced)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Yellow Snow, some people can run drills and take the same two gates on 30 different lines to see which works best. Each run is a chance to improve by 0.01%, or to focus on a new area of technique.

Me? I get bored after 90 minutes, and can manage a 3 hour session only by stopping in the middle for a meal wink

That said, even 6 hours at Hemel is preferable to a day of project update meetings and vendor presentations.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@ousekjarr, As a former connoisseur of McD’s breakfast, I strongly advise you to try a Tim Hortons brekky if you can find one.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@AL9000, I've had several business trips to Canada where Tim Hortons was recommended, but stuck to cinnamon & raisin bagels with coffee. Not too many in the UK, and I wouldn't go out of my way to find one. If breakfast doesn't involve sausage then I have limited interest - whether that is Lorne, Cumberland or Nurnberger bratwurst is simply a matter of geography, but what the north Americans call bacon is an abomination even before they cover it in syrup and ketchup. rolling eyes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@skimottaret, thanks. Sounds like I got away lightly then. Our kids are back at school now but I forgot that others may not be...

I wouldn't have stayed for 6 hours but I would have used the extra £3 to be flexible. Not even I could manage 5.5 hours on a poma!

@AL9000, I expect it tastes even better if Tim Horton has already paid for it?!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hemel was quite full this morning around 11am. The pent up need to ski is strong.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lots of adult groups this morning I agree, but quieter approaching noon
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy