Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Tattoos

Poster: A snowHead
Do any of you have any skiing or mountain related tattoos? I just had my sleeve finished tonight. Still very red and sore Razz

https://imgur.com/a/0yIxFP1

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 2-11-21 23:45; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like I havent uploaded the photos properly ahah! Anyone able to advise how to do it please? Im a novice on forums! rolling eyes
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
https://imgur.com/a/0yIxFP1
was going to say fify, but it seems your link is now working.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@brianatab, Thanks mate. Is there a way to embed the pictures into my post please?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@NewSkiingDad, that magic button appears if you pay for super Snowhead status
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Tazz2bme wrote:
@NewSkiingDad, that magic button appears if you pay for super Snowhead status

Not necessarily (though I do mean to sub myself!).

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What is it with this self inflicted mutilation?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@under a new name, I guess people like to have them, makes them feel good...
Nice tattoo, by the way, I think @NewSkiingDad, deserves super-snowhead status just for going through with that extensive design..
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
paddyhambo wrote:
Nice tattoo, by the way, I think @NewSkiingDad, deserves super-snowhead status just for going through with that extensive design..

Is there is room for a Snowheads logo?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Don’t understand tattoos at all. Why?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Are those skiers wearing helmets?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It's almost as though different people like different things!?!?!
nice tattoo in my opinion.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@under a new name, Agree completely.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I like it.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@under a new name, Disagree completely.
latest report
Tattoos aren’t for everyone but I love it.
snow report
@Orange200,

As you would find on an actual mountain - some are and some aren’t Laughing

The one on the other side that you BBCC sent see on that picture has one on - safety first! Cool
ski holidays
Nice ink.

I can't find any recent but this was mine just after it was almost finished, the red is just the blood and inflamation from the fresh work. It's the Dachstein mountains below which I now live, a background map of my home country, New Zealand, a compass with a snowflake inside it, crossed ice axes and a coiled rope as I have climbed and now skied all over the place. Kind of tells the story of my life.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 5-11-21 12:31; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
Not a fan of tattoos.

My late father was in the merchant navy as a young man and got one with lovebirds and his and my mums names on it.

By the time he was in his 60s it was almost indecipherable and just looked like a bit of a blob on his arm.

I imagine that - in a few decades - there will be thousands of people in care homes with a full sleeve of messy blue ink.

Each to their own, I guess.............
latest report
Having a tattoo is obviously a personal choice, and some of the tattoo artwork on display is quite creative. I personally wouldn't want one, but each to their own.

However before getting a tattoo people should be aware that there may be potential adverse medical effects: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/tattoos-can-be-much-more-skin-deep-180964881/
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, that report doesn’t offer an opinion on the effects on the health of the donors. These toxins have probably built up in the lymph nodes over many years, were they ever at a high enough level to cause illness?
ski holidays
@Gordyjh, that's why I emphasised in my post about the potential for adverse effects, as the article says "While they did find strong evidence that the pigments cause changes leading to inflammation, the study did not focus on whether the ink caused any particular health effects." So as you say, no health effects have been established, apart from inflammation of the lymph nodes.

As one of the researchers quoted said "If somebody asks me whether it's dangerous to have a tattoo, all I can say is, We don't know yet.”
snow report
@NewSkiingDad, nice tattoo man!
Don't worry about the horrible comments about tattoos here, boomers are a different generation and think the world has to be the way it was when they were raised, everybody is entitled to their opinion but no one is entitled to make hurtful comments about what you decide to do with your body.
A good tattoo with the right care will last decades, I have a full sleeve in the arm and both legs tattooed, the first one is almost 10 years old and still looks perfect.

I'm planning a ski/winter-related tattoo for the future too Very Happy
latest report
@NewSkiingDad I like the artwork on yours and @Scarpa - detail of the mountains and the ice axes work well. NSD should have done the lottery when he had his done - two identical snowflakes:

The scientific consensus states that the likelihood of two large snow crystals being identical is zero. ... The probability that two snow crystals (a single ice crystal) or flakes (a snow crystal or multiple snow crystals stuck together) will be exactly alike in molecular structure and in appearance, is very minute.19 Nov 2019
https://www.loc.gov › item › is-it-tr...
Is it true that no two snow crystals are alike? | Library of Congress
snow report
@AndreSilva, Don't make hurtful comments about Boomers Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
@NewSkiingDad,
Google ‘mine used to be an eagle too’ and check the images
snow conditions
@AndreSilva, I’m hurt.Apologise Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
@Langerzug, Had to google it just to see. Very Happy

Interestingly, I had only typed up to the word "an", when the rest of the phrase came out as top suggestion. Wonder how many googled it in the last hour? Very Happy Very Happy

I don't have any tattoos. I had an uncle who had many, who told me when I was small that he wished he hadn't had them, and advised not to.

Not anti tattoo, provided they are artistic. The ones above are really good.

However, far too many that are not.
Many years ago, I knew a young lady who worked in the typing pool at Police HQ. Started straight from college, and was very naive. Soon after starting, and spending hours typing up "distinguishing marks" in details of cases for court, she expressed her surprise at how many people had "cut here" and a dotted line around their necks, or eyes on their buttocks. rolling eyes Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Alastair Pink, fair enough.
snow conditions
Ghastly.
latest report
@Scarpa, Awesome that, dude! Nice one!
snow report
Took me until my 50s to decide what I really wanted with my ink Laughing
latest report
Scarpa wrote:
Took me until my 50s to decide what I really wanted with my ink Laughing

Think that's the way to go though - if you are going to permanently mark yourself with something it should be meaningful I think.
I've always quite liked the idea of a tattoo but I've never come up with something that was authentic enough not to make me embarrassed (I'm overly sensitive on that!).
It would probably be mountain related but I've always felt I hadn't earned that - I could have lived a different life and prioritised the mountains over standard of living etc. but I didn't so pretending that the mountains are THAT important seems a bit fake.
I suspect the fact that you have remade your life in the mountains is why you have finally felt comfortable to take the plunge. But that might just be me transferring my feelings!

My (nearly 17) daughter wants a tattoo but isnt quite sure what she wants. I'm trying hard to get he to pick a design and if she still wants the same thing in 12 months then get it done. Reckon that should keep a tattoo 12 months away for a few years!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy