Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

COVID — Uk to Austria via Munich

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Assuming all COVID restrictions / paper work say the same for next year
What is required for landing in Munich form Uk but then driving to Mayhrofen Austria

Reason for flying to Munich rather than Austria
1 car hire price
2 flight times - we can get a whole day skiing on the last day as apposed to 2-3 hours

Just a bit confused by it all

EDIT.. Everyone is Fully vaccinated

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 2-11-21 13:49; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@wasley, As at 02/11/21. Inbound - proof of vaccination only, no other requirements. Outbound - proof of vaccination plus UK Passenger Location Form, for which you will (currently) need to pre-book a "supervised" Lateral Flow Test on return. Passport stamped on entering and leaving Schenghen Zone at Munich. Keep flight details to hand.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@wasley, assuming you are fully vaccinated no restrictions at all. There is a German pre arrival form (its in English) though you probably dont need that as you are only transiting but it makes check in easier. Once in Austria again if you are fully vaccinated no restrictions. There are no checks driving from Munich to Austria (in my experience none for intra Schengen travel since before the summer). There is little to be worried about. In both Germany & Austria there is currently a lot of concern about increasing numbers of people in hospital but there seems a determination in both countries to keep things as "normal" as possible and that includes tourism for those who are fully vaccinated.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers guys , obviously ill check again nearer the time

The whole point of going to Austria is the Apres Ski
Again assuming everything is the same , You just need a proof of vaccination to enter Pubs/night clubs ?? and a mask for Shops,service stations , banks etc
hope this is correct
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Masks must be FFP2, masks are required in gondolas, cable cars and covered chairlifts. Masks will also be required in all shops too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@wasley, the plan is to restrict entrance to apres ski type spots to those who are either vaccinated or certified recovered. If things go badly it might only be vaccinated. Also note you need to carry proper id with you as security on those type of places will be tight and they will want to check the certificate is yours. Local bars etc are likely to be less strict.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@wasley, we’re (hopefully) driving from Méribel to Mayrhofen for Altitude festival at the end of March, and from what I can gather from asking a few people around these parts is it’s pretty straightforward assuming vaccinated but I’d be interested to hear how it went for you if you don’t mind reporting back?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@wasley, Interestingly, just been looking to hire a car from Munich this afternoon for the end of November. Even then its stupid prices. A company called OK seems to be coming up, but they are charging between 10 to 20 euros (they wouldnt confirm exactly on their chat line) per day extra for the cross border charge.

Why cant these car hire companies just give a total price before booking without having to drag this out of them like pulling teeth.

For 5 days Im struggling to get anything less than £200 for a Monday to Friday booking Inc WT and cross border charges.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jafa wrote:
@wasley, Interestingly, just been looking to hire a car from Munich this afternoon for the end of November. Even then its stupid prices. A company called OK seems to be coming up, but they are charging between 10 to 20 euros (they wouldnt confirm exactly on their chat line) per day extra for the cross border charge.

Why cant these car hire companies just give a total price before booking without having to drag this out of them like pulling teeth.

For 5 days Im struggling to get anything less than £200 for a Monday to Friday booking Inc WT and cross border charges.

Believe me thats cheap , Salzburg ,Innsbruck , Geneva your looking at £450-500 ( not sure whats going on at the moment )

I did come across OK , there reviews seem good and bad but at least they have a desk in the terminal .. Must admit the cross boarder fees are a struggle with most company's they seem hidden in the T&C's somewhere

2 years ago we hired from Hertz Munich on a black Friday deal , and managed to get a estate For £100 .Turn out to be BMW M5 estate
Had to pay the crossboader fee on collection and don't forget you'll need a vignette or Austria
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
wasley wrote:
jafa wrote:

Believe me thats cheap , Salzburg ,Innsbruck , Geneva your looking at £450-500 ( not sure whats going on at the moment )

I did come across OK , there reviews seem good and bad but at least they have a desk in the terminal .. Must admit the cross boarder fees are a struggle with most company's they seem hidden in the T&C's somewhere

2 years ago we hired from Hertz Munich on a black Friday deal , and managed to get a estate For £100 .Turn out to be BMW M5 estate
Had to pay the crossboader fee on collection and don't forget you'll need a vignette or Austria

@Jaffa doesn't necessarily need one, he's only going to Kirchberg, the motorway is toll free to Kufstein.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Chris_n wrote:
wasley wrote:
jafa wrote:

@Jaffa doesn't necessarily need one, he's only going to Kirchberg, the motorway is toll free to Kufstein.

For the sake of 9euro £7 we bought one as it gave us the option of using the the worgl exit as the Kufstein exit can get busy for the reason you mentioned . As it happened Waze directed us via Worgl both ways
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@wasley,

I wont be getting a vignette, as I either come off at Kufstein south and take the road along the motorway to Worgl, or go via Scheffau, Going etc.

Who did you go with in the end?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@jafa, that seems about right, even on the cheap side. I would assume having to pay around €50 - 60/ day on the basis of having my own excess insurance and collecting from the airport. I cant ever remember having to pay either "cross border charges" or (in recent years) "winter tyres" perhaps its just the cheap companies and / or tourists. No doubt car hire costs have gone up, largely because there are less cars available and the hire companies are struggling with the 9 months delivery which seems to be the norm around here at the moment for new cars.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The train is fairly painless and less than £20 each way if you book at the correct time
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Carhire prices are mind boggling for week between Christmas and New Year, almost €1100 for 2 weeks. Train it is this year.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy