Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Darksummer Magazine....

Poster: A snowHead
I rate it as just about the best Ski mag...so different to the usual advatorial that most of them are these days.

You can read all their backissues as free pdf downloads from their website.

I have no connection...I just like a decent ski read...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well said. It's a great read.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.darksummer.co.uk/ for those that don't know!!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep, agreed. Although I'd buy it alone just for the pictures. I can read though, just for the record.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks rungsp. This was a nice surprise for me this morning.

It has been a hard battle to get to where we are but it is nice to see we are producing somethng that you guys are enjoying.

tough crowd, we are very picky about our photos. As a photographer myself, I love nothing more than flicking through some inspiring photos and we try to give the same back to you guys. Nothing makes me want to ski more than an awesome photo.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yup it's a great magazine, IMHO the enthusiasm of the staff, content (including design and photos) and altogether totally cool attitude that the mag exhudes make it an absolute must read, and one that betters all the news stand ski mags I've seen, so well done to all involved Smile

I enjoyed it so much last year that I've now paid a wee subscription (cheap at twice the price) to make sure I don't miss any issues Very Happy

BTW, are print back issues available?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
roga, we do have a few print back issues. I had secretly hoped that people would want to collect them so I hung onto a few. PM me your address and the ones you are after and I will drop them in the post to you.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks DarkSummer, that's brilliant! Very Happy

Have just sent you a PM with my details.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
roga, I dropped these in the post last week. Did they make it to you OK?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
^ Hi DarkSummer - have just PMd you but yes, they arrived yesterday so I arrived home yesterday evening to find a nice little package of Dark Summer mags to read - thanks very much.

Great stuff, am looking forward to reading more tonight Very Happy

BTW, when's the next issue due?

Again, thanks
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The next issue will be ready for the Metro Ski Show. We will have a stand there where you can pick it up and we will be getting it into the shops and artifical slopes as soon as possible.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
^ cool, I'll look out for you if I'm there (fingers crossed should make it)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Darksummer,

For those of us who have subscribed, when are we likely to receive our first issue this season ?

I can't wait - Gimme, Gimme !

Hairy Boy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Darksummer is the Dog's dangly bits! The T-shirts are top quality too.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We are just putting the finishing touches to the first issue of the season so it should be with you before the beginning of the ski show.

We will have a stand (or a part of Warren Smith's stand) at the Metro Ski Show so feel free to swing by and pick up a copy of the magazine and have a chat. We will also have some more t-shirts available at the show.

Thank you all for your support
latest report
DarkSummer, how can i subscibe, i checked out the site and it says your still working out deals...
as soon as you know how much you will want, let me know and ill subscribe. Very Happy
thanks.
latest report
Ditto...I'm ready & willing to subscribe...
snow report
Whay hey, t-shirts - can I pre order to pick up at the show?

Are they the same as the ones on the website or are you doing new designs?
snow conditions
george_1, I should have the details finalised this weekend, but a sneak peak at the subscriptions will be:

£7.50 - Four issues of Dark Summer (equivalent to one season)
£12.50 - Fours issues of Dark Summer and a Dark Summer t-shirt
£17.50 - Four issues of Dark Summer, a Dark Summer t-shirt and a choice of DVD (from Not Another Ski Movie, WSKI 106, and Pop Yer Bottlez)

roga, we should have plenty around the show, but if you want to tell me your size I will stick one on one side for you. They are the same design as before, but we may experiment a little with the colours (although there will definitely be our signature navy blue)
ski holidays
DarkSummer, I love the pic in the gallery - with the message 'we do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing' - I sent the link to my dad who lives by this!
ski holidays
DarkSummer wrote:
roga, we should have plenty around the show, but if you want to tell me your size I will stick one on one side for you. They are the same design as before, but we may experiment a little with the colours (although there will definitely be our signature navy blue)

Thanks DarkSummer, navy is probably fine and I'd say a medium will be okay for me. I should be at the show on Sunday so if you could keep me one that'd be cool.

See you there

Very Happy
snow conditions
DarkSummer, missed you guys at the show yesterday.

Trains to London were awful and late and as a result I didn't get to the show until 1 in the afternoon, by the time I found the stand you guys were off for a (doubless much earned) break. Went back 3 or 4 times but you were still away but no worries. Grabbed myself a copy of the latest mag which looks cool (and the DVD is great, and I have to say far beter than the one with Fall Line this month - good on them for trying but...).

If you haven't sent out sub copies yet don't worry about posting me one (I'm in Bristol, PM me for address if you wanna check) but if you do post a spare copy won't be a problem to me Smile

Will have to get that tee off the site I guess...
snow conditions
roga, apologies for not being around. Those who were at the show on Saturday will no doubt have witnessed the leaking roof which caused several stands (indluing ours) to get completely soaked. We had to spend most of Sunday sorting that out and so weren't around the stand too much.

We should have the t-shirts up on the website soon once we have recovered from the post-show fatigue.

Was anyone around on Thursday to see the UK Freeski Awards Ceremony?
snow conditions
Are you at the G-Mex this week?
snow report
Wondered why I couldn't find the DarkSummer stand yesterday, managed to pick up a copy of the mag from around ski bartlets stand; not had a chance to read it yet... wish I'd brought it into work Little Angel
snow report
Kenzie, yes we do have a stand at G-Mex this weekend. Hope to see you there.
snow report
Of interest, I spoke to the ex-creative director from back in the day at the Birmingham Ski Show and he's looking to start the magazine up again!
ski holidays
I wondered why the link didn't work Laughing Laughing Laughing Didn't realise it was a 15 yr old thread!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy