Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car hire at Geneva, that chestnut

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@numbfoot, that's an off-airport pickup point. There's a reason it's cheaper than an on-airport pick-up point. The major rental companies still have their rental desks in the airport and the garage a short bus ride or a walk away.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That COOP restaurant is not far away (certainly walkable, but not with lots of luggage) but definitely a faff. That car park is the one I always went to wait in, if I had to kill time before picking people up at the airport. The easiest car hire arrangements are, of course, the ones on the French side. wink But they have other problems.......
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Basically, they're telling you to get a public transport bus out of the airport. I think I'd want to be saving more than £100 for that trouble. Divide it by the number of passengers and it's effectively even less. And if you're going to go off-site then why not hop on a train inside the airport and see if you can get to your destination 100% by public transport, or by a mix of train and taxi at the far end.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks all, reinforcement once again of 'If it looks to good to be true . . . . . ' Smile

Has got me wondering about the train out of GVA but all the resorts seem more than the hour to ninety minutes Samoens, La Clusaz and the like take. And bringing trains into a car hire thread would be thread drift too far. Might start another if I need help there.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@numbfoot, we’ve knocked the rental car on the head this year due to cost and plan on taking the train. Our flight times do work with the train and although it seems longer when I recall the reality of the faff queuing to pick up the car, inspecting it for preexisting damage, second driver rip offs making sure its got winters/chains then all the return faff to add in then its not too bad weighed against that.

But yes maybe for another thread.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Private transfer to Courcheval is looking cheaper than car rental for two of us and we don't need a car during the week. Might even consider Bens Bus to Moutiers on the way out as our lad is in resort that week and he has a car so might pick us up and we can do a big shop before heading into resort.

Pooling private transfers might be a popular thing this year if hire prices are going to stay this high, is there a section of the forum that might suit people putting in their dates and destinations to see if they can recruit others to join together for a cheaper deal?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy