Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva to Manchester?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
This isn’t exactly a skiing question, but hoping you can help given Geneva is a popular ski airport!
I’ve got to go to Geneva for work in November- I can get a cheap flight out on Sunday from Manchester with easyJet, but they don’t fly back til Friday and I’d like to come back Tuesday night.

Is there anywhere I can easily get a train to from Geneva and then fly back, or do I just need to accept I’ll have to travel from London (train prices for which will be more than the flights Sad )

Yours hopefully…

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Zurich? Luthansa
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Skyscanner . net showing BA via LHR, KLM via AMS and AF via CDG. Also shows a direct flight with Ethiopian Puzzled
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try Geneva to Liverpool and get a train.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sounds like a specific November problem, in our experience there are flights from Manchester to and from Geneva most days. In season there are several every day, with different airlines.

As @MikeM says, Liverpool is sometimes an alternative. From Yorkshire it is about another half hour's drive but that is a small price for avoiding the horrible Manchester airport experience. However I don't think that is a daily option, and it definitely varies with the season.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I’ve tried Liverpool - no options. Also tried Leeds and east mids and again no direct flights. Looks like Manchester out and via London return I think, although I’ll check out Zurich!
Loads of flights daily in December, and I’d have paid to go a day early to ski if that had been the option but sadly it’s an annual conference and not my choice of dates . Thanks all!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Won't work pay for the train to/from London? If not, and you want to keep the cost down, megabus or national express is usually a lot cheaper than the train.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes they will, I just am conscious of keeping our costs down, we are not a huge organisation. I can fly to Geneva and back for less than an off peak ticket from London to Manchester. Have booked to come back via Gatwick anyway now!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lozza1uk wrote:
Yes they will, I just am conscious of keeping our costs down, we are not a huge organisation. I can fly to Geneva and back for less than an off peak ticket from London to Manchester. Have booked to come back via Gatwick anyway now!

isn't it cheaper and easier to fly back to Manchester via Heathrow than mess about with trains?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sadly not that time of night. This also means I can visit my sister near Gatwick so not all bad
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Is there a KLM flight back via AMS? They fly every day.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Lozza1uk, skyscanner says LH5767 GVA to FRA at 19:10, then LH948 FRA to MAN arrives 22:50 on 15th Nov (Tuesday), approx 162gbp.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I too would suggest looking at KLM they fly from practically every UK regional airport to Schiphol, even small spots like Humberside & Teeside. There will be a good number of flight from Amsterdam. Schiphol is not my favourite airport, it always seems to involve a lot of walking but less grief than Heathrow or trains.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy