Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel for UK nationals between Switzerland and France

Poster: A snowHead
I have recently booked a trip to T3V for early Feb with some friends. The flights are on Jet2 to Geneva. We plan to then get a transfer bus to the resort. After a little while in google I’m still a bit foggy on what the situation is with travelling into Switzerland and then between there and France.

Would anyone who is a bit more tuned into these things than I am mind letting me know what the requirements are? Explain as you would to a toddler or a Labrador retriever!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Requirements for entering France here, found via the FCDO page for France:
https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/deplacements
I assume the FCDO page for Switzerland will present or link to the equivalent for Switzerland.
(Now edited to include the missing link.)

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 31-10-21 9:34; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As it stands you need a QR code from the Swiss gov website: https://swissplf.admin.ch/formular

You’ll also need proof of vax status to show the airline before they let you on.

In theory you need a French attestation to say you’ve not been in contact with anyone coviddy, but despite being stopped by the douanes at the border once they were only interested in booze and fags.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@andy from embsay, last time I transited GVA (Oct 14) passport control asked to see my French declaration …
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@under a new name, that’s a new development! I think I’ve been through 4 or 5 times this summer/autumn and a quick look at the CH QR code is all they’ve done.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@andy from embsay, was coming from uk, so proper checks also of carte de sejour...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name wrote:
@andy from embsay, was coming from uk, so proper checks also of carte de sejour...

Me too (but no CdS as I’m a tourist) - I wonder why the Swiss are bothered about your CdS? Do they have some agreement with the French to check them?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@andy from embsay, I'm guessing so ...possibly a Schengen responsibility?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@under a new name, how does the Schengen 90/180 thing transiting thru GVA if you have a CdS? Does your couple of hours each way count as a day?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
There is also an argument for having all the Swiss documentation and app certificates because it's possible you'll get stranded in Switzerland by the weather and end up being put up in a hotel somewhere locally. In 30 years of travelling via Geneva, this has only happened to us twice, but it's a potential factor. It may be that if you were stranded, the authorities would be indulgent, but it argues for making sure you have all the documentation required for a stay in CH. In fact, statistically, if you go to all the trouble of getting complete documentation for staying in CH, it almost guarantees you won't need it. Which is a good thing.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quick question on this. UK now in the EU vaccine passport scheme, but the Swiss validator is still rejecting my UK cert...? Is it working for anyone who hasn't paid for the swiss verification service?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rjj501 wrote:
Quick question on this. UK now in the EU vaccine passport scheme, but the Swiss validator is still rejecting my UK cert...? Is it working for anyone who hasn't paid for the swiss verification service?

The new scheme doesn’t start until tomorrow.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@andy from embsay, no one knows at the moment.... I went from Switzerland to UK by car via France and they didn't stamp our passports because I had my Swiss residence permit. I would imagine its the same for CdS into GVA.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@telford_mike, aha! Ok, that makes sense. Thank you.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@rjj501, Just tried it with the Swiss verification app. Works, Yay! You have to generate a new cert with the NHS app.
latest report
@telford_mike, just tried and mine works too! What a time to be alive when this is exciting to us! Haha...
ski holidays
@telford_mike, this is great news as we're off to PDS so want to be able to lunch easily on the Swiss side. Although I did hear that on the hill it's not required?
snow report
So does this mean that certificates generated from the NHS app will now work in Switzerland for entry to restaurants etc without having to pay for the Swiss Covid Certificate?

I assume we'll still need to fill in the Swiss entry form, but looking at all the stuff on the internet it wasn't clear to me whether this was needed if you were just transiting from GVA to France.

I need the toddler/labrador explanation as per the OP rolling eyes
latest report
@andy from embsay, the 90/180 rule effectively doesn't apply.
ski holidays
CathS wrote:
So does this mean that certificates generated from the NHS app will now work in Switzerland for entry to restaurants etc without having to pay for the Swiss Covid Certificate?

I assume we'll still need to fill in the Swiss entry form, but looking at all the stuff on the internet it wasn't clear to me whether this was needed if you were just transiting from GVA to France.

Yes - and (as it was with the French app) there’s no need to import it into a Swiss/French app - the QR code is exactly the same and the verification apps can read the NHS one (ie for apple users the one in your wallet).
snow report
andy from embsay wrote:
CathS wrote:

Yes - and (as it was with the French app) there’s no need to import it into a Swiss/French app - the QR code is exactly the same and the verification apps can read the NHS one (ie for apple users the one in your wallet).

Thanks for that.
Do you know how we provide proof for kids? My 13 year old can presumably get a cert. from his NHS app but what about my 11 year old who cant be vaccinated?
ski holidays
https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html#-2131529812
snow report
@Jonathan Bell, no, sorry, no idea - my kids are well past that!
snow report
If you have a euro covid Vax QR certificate do you still have to pay for a Swiss Certificate ??

Also if you have a UK QR code certificate do you still need a Swiss QR certificate ?

Thanks
snow conditions
@Thunderer21, in theory not now! Download the Swiss 'Covid Check' app and test your QR code. If it goes green, you're in. If not... ahem.
latest report
Jonathan Bell wrote:
andy from embsay wrote:
CathS wrote:

Thanks for that.
Do you know how we provide proof for kids? My 13 year old can presumably get a cert. from his NHS app but what about my 11 year old who cant be vaccinated?

Sfaik the kids are a bit snookered. Your (single?) jabbed 13year old cannot access a QR code via the NHS app, access to that on line (or asking for postal proof) is restricted to over 16s (for no reason I can fathom).

I think under 16 they are both ok in CH as they don't require for under 16. In France (isn't Chx your regular haunt) then life will be more awkward with €25 tests needed every 3 days for over 12 if not double jabbed (and able to prove it). having said that the pharmacy testing in France is pretty slick.

I stand to be corrected on the CH under 16 situation.
snow conditions
I've wondered into this thread very very confused. I have a trip to Les Arcs booked late Jan via Geneva as usual, I stupidly assumed I'd just need to meet French entry requirements but clearly this isn't the case. I imagine lots of people will be planning a French trip via Geneva, is it possible to have a sticky that is updated with the requirements perhaps?
ski holidays
Has anyone had success with NHS Scotland certificates?

Ours are still showing no valid signature when scanned with the Swiss Covid Certificate Check app
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@RichieC43, They work with the French app. Isn't the point of these European apps that you can use one in a different country - our Swiss friends were using their Swiss app in a French cafe today, so maybe download the French app and use that.
ski holidays
Yep working fine in the French app, if that's good for transit through GVA then we're all good.

Thanks for the reply
snow conditions
@rjj501, Just tried with the Swiss Covid check and my EU Vax certificate works, but my Welsh one doesnt
latest report
The UK FCO travel advice page for Switzerland has now been updated to confirm that as of 1st November the UK NHS Covid Pass will be accepted for domestic purposes (e.g. entering restaurants etc) in Switzerland.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/switzerland/coronavirus see the sub heading 'Covid-19 restrictions'

You will need to refresh the pass or print a new one if generated before 1st November for it to be accepted.
snow report
@Thunderer21, when did you download your Welsh one? I tried mine last night, and it didn't work at all, but then tried today (after the official join date) and thankfully my 2nd Vax QR code on the Welsh portal worked...! What I've done for ease is downloaded the french TousAntiCovid app (seeing as us welshies still don't have an app to call our own) and added my 2nd Jab QR code (I added the new one I generated this morning) and now I can quickly show my QR code.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 1-11-21 22:18; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@rjj501, thankyou all working now
ski holidays
under a new name wrote:

Isn’t that simply to do with whether they are going to stamp your passport or not?
ski holidays
I travel to France via Geneva every few weeks. It’s just a case of complying with the Swiss entry rules; ie filling in their online locator form, unless exempt, and being double vaxxed. I’ve never been asked for anything by the French at the border.
latest report
Just checked my French Anti Covid app, and it says the certificate has expired... I had my 2nd jab in May. Any thoughts, pls?
snow report
@zzz, CdS yes, but last time the Swiss also asked for my FR declaration.
snow conditions
@Ricky B, have you imported an NHS qr code into the French app?

If so, the NHS codes last 30 days from when you generate them.

And secondly you don’t need to import qr codes into other apps. It is exactly the same code - you can just use the NHS one in your iOS wallet (if you’re on apple).
latest report
@andy from embsay, Thanks, Yep, I imported the NHS QR code into the French app - I'd read on another thread / site that was the thing to do. Imagine it's renewable after 30 days. That's good news, tho, that I could just use the NHS one instead.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy