Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Peisey for beginners

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Is Peisey-Vallandry a suitable venue for 5. 6 and 8yo complete beginners?

Looks like the nursery slopes are up the hill - what is the access lift?

Are there any baby/playground type skiing areas in the village at all?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@hd, this summer a new gondola was constructed from Vallandry to the beginners area on the upper slopes. This should make it much easier for complete beginners to access this area, including a new covered travellator lift which will also be excellent for complete beginners. Generally this area provides excellent terrain for progression for beginners, including the nursery terrain at altitude and a piste back down to Vallandry through the trees.

There’s not much at village level, so I think everyone will be taking the new gondola up to the nursery slopes.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@hd, perfectly suitable I would have thought, after all Esprit ran Plan Peisey as a base for years, with family chalets where there would always be beginner children.

It looks as if Esprit have reduced the choice of resort this year (perhaps because the difficulty in employing British nannies) and Plan Peisey is no longer on their list, however Ski Beat which has a rather similar offer is still there. And I seem to remember reading there was a ClubMed.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Peisey and Vallandry are 2 different resorts, served by two different lifts. However, both nursery slopes are up in the bowl, in the sunshine, and easily served by lifts from villages, which both download as well. La Foret is an easy run down to villages, marked as blue but is green, which beginners can do easily. Our boys were doing It aged 4
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy