Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UK joins EU Vaccine passport scheme

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Yep, I can see why the record of your PCR would be useful, but not what you’d do with a certificate on your phone. I think it’s more likely that in France (for example) if you’re unvaccinated a recovery cert works as a passe sanitaire - but of course if you are vaccintated you don’t need it.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I replaced my (non valid) QR code in the Swiss app with a new one. Now shows as valid, but only "in combination with an identity document".

Won't be a problem in the Airport, as only in transit, and will have passport with me, but I don't normally carry my passport around with me on holiday.

Would a UK driving licence be acceptable?

The TAC and green pass apps accepted the code without problems.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
brianatab wrote:
Would a UK driving licence be acceptable?

Yes.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I just printed out the travel version of the NHS Covid Pass. I note that on the Pass under Country of Vaccination it states GB. In view of the Government's recent decision that the time honoured GB designation is no longer acceptable for vehicles driven abroad and has changed the required designation to UK (allegedly to keep those in Northern Ireland happy) I was somewhat bemused by why they hadn't also used the UK designation on their Covid Pass? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Alastair Pink wrote:
I was somewhat bemused by why they hadn't also used the UK designation on their Covid Pass? Toofy Grin

I heard the a**e-elbow interface is down at present. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@rob@rar, that unfortunately wasn't working in Italy last week for me. No logic as to why, just wouldn't ping Green on their scanners
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar wrote:
DaveD wrote:
telford_mike wrote:
Charliegolf wrote:
Won't we just flash the QR code on out NHS phone page, have it scanned and be welcomed with open arms?

I hope so. The problem with the NHS app is that you have to log in, which takes ages if you don’t have Face ID or Touch ID, then navigate your way to the appropriate section, and finally grab your certificate. The Swiss app just shows your certificate as soon as you launch it - no fiddling at all.

All you need to do is check it before you leave and take a screenshot of your certificate and put it to the top of your pictures
Or just add it to your phone’s digital wallet, which is much quicker than firing up your photos app. This is available on the iOS version of the NHS app and I assume for the android version as well? To display the QR code once it is added to the wallet takes a double tap of the side button, then select the QR code from whatever else you have stored in your digital wallet. It really couldn’t be easier. No need to unlock the phone, just double tap to open your wallet and select the NHS pass.

Previous post was in relation to this...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Alex A wrote:
@rob@rar, that unfortunately wasn't working in Italy last week for me. No logic as to why, just wouldn't ping Green on their scanners
AIUI, the NHS pass was recognised by the EU’s scheme as of last Friday, and I think that an QR codes generated prior to that might not be recognised. That might explain why your pass didn’t work in Italy last week?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alex A wrote:

Was they scanning the correct QR Code?
1st Vaccine QR Code is not valid, as it does not prove you have had a full dose.
It has to be the QR Code for your 2nd vaccine that needs scanning.

I suggest everyone, if in doubt download several scanners & test them, so you know exactly which barcode you need to present.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Scanning for Austria, France, Switzerland & Italy

QR Scanner to check for Austria
This is the link to the scanner app - from there is both Android & Apple store
https://gruenerpass.gv.at/en/betriebe/
Search your app store for Gruener Pass
This is the Icon you are looking for

Once installed, open the app & select the bottom option Einreise (for Entry)

From the pull down list you want to select the 3rd option for allowed non EU travellers

If you dont want to install an app, then it can also be done via a web browser at the following link https://greencheck.gv.at/

The French app is called TAC Verif & is in french but easy to work out where to tap the screen!
The swiss app is called Covid Certificate
https://foph-coronavirus.ch/certificate/what-is-the-covid-certificate/ 1/2 down a scroll, you should see links to the app stores.
It works very well & is in English!

Italy is called verificaC19
https://www.dgc.gov.it/web/app.html
Once installed & open, you just need to tap the blue bar at the bottom with a QR code logo on.

I have tested all 4 & all 4 work for me today.

So I will test again tomorrow using the same QR code to see how long our UK codes are valid for.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 1-11-21 19:12; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have you downloaded VerificaC19 (my understanding - the official app) yourself and tried it?

I just checked mine - my expired one that previously worked last month was rejected (gulp) but on downloading a new one from the NHS app, it gave me a green ‘certificazione valida’

Edit: the ovoid beat me to it (and then some!)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Interestingly, my old one, valid until 18 Nov is still showing as valid with VerifacC19. Was yours already beyond the 30 days?

As a safeguard, will be downloading a new copy in all apps just before traveling. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy