Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fiesch - Aletscharena

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looks like we'll finally get to Fiesch this year. Tried in 2020 towards the end of March but for obvious reasons didn't make it. The apartment we're thinking of renting is about 650m from the bubble/cable car and although this will be OK to walk I was wondering what the parking was like at the lift station. Is there a lot of it? Is it free? Any general info about the village would be greatly appreciated.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Congratulations @ALC2572, on a destination that is very seldom mentioned on Sh.
One or two will doubtless be Googling to see where this is.
Regarding your question, can't remember the parking at the cable car station.
Have a great trip and post a report after your holiday!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As above, no help for you but I keep looking at it to go there (can't get a friends group interested) and very interested in a visit.

Hopefully someone here will have useful information for you, interested to see your views after visiting if available.

Welcome to the forum @ALC2572, Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks @Rogerdodger, and @ski3,
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks promising!

https://www.aletscharena.ch/en/aletsch-arena/places/fiesch
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The school trip that I've been on over the last few years usually goes to Fiesch. They have replaced the cable car with a gondola, so I'm not sure about the parking, but there used to be plenty near the cable car. There are very few bars, one nightclub (the Inch). Up the mountain (fiecheralp) theres the Tipi, the Kuhstal and a couple of hotels with restaurants and bars. Slopeside, there are one or two bars, our favourite is Heidis. At the other end of the Aletcharena is the Furka pass (which is in one of the Bond movies) with a very imposing chalet at its summit (closed during the winter). The burgers here are the best in the resort.
Skiing wise, lots of v similar blues and reds. Only one piste is allowed to develop moguls. There is only one run to the valley, an itinerary route, not too long, not too difficult, but often not open due to lack of snow at the bottom. Theres a little bit of off piste, but I've never seen any guiding advertised. Because it's a school trip I've never ventured to other resorts nearby, but Belalp, which is on the other side of the glacier, looks interesting.
The old cable car station is the building next to the bus stop (Luftseilbahn). They've put the new gondola at the new train station. Plenty of parking. The bottom of the itinerary route is on the other side of the train tracks where the road does a u turn. The Inch is where the red locator paddle is.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@joffy69, thanks for the info, much appreciated
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The season pass for PDS gives a few free days for this area. We have used the cross country tracks further up the valley and these are great. Free use of local train that stops at all the small villages along the valley with the xc pass. We intend to try out the downhill this year. Have used the lifts in the summer for mountain biking.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@pateman99, yes that's why we're going, to make the most of the free days we get with our PDS pass. Do you know if it's free too use the train with a downhill ski pass?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We went 3 years ago at easter- late April. (using free PdS pass) we did Sat / Sun, parked at the car park at the base of the Fiescheralp cable car, and stayed up the top at the Jungfrau hotel. There were plenty of spaces in the car park and it was reasonably priced (something like 15 CHF for 2 days). There was no skiing below the plateau, but we were able to go all the way across to RiederAlp and up to the summits with amazing views of the glacier and Rhone valley. Definitely worth the trip, and we will hopefully return this coming easter.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@ALC2572, do not think you get free trains with downhill pass
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy