Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who has pulled the trigger on their season passes?

Poster: A snowHead
@HammondR, that's the pass my mate has who goes to Entreves most weekends, right by the Skyway, and that is amazing value!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@HammondR, thanks sounds really good and only 10% more than the EMB early bird offer, we might look into it next year. Presumably you have to buy it through the Chamonix company - at any rate it isn't on the internet offers for St Gervais. We would have to be sure of good usage in the first year to get your priority prices subsequently.

@Bergmeister, I think our season ticket refund was simply a standard proportion of the cost. Though someone who hadn't yet used theirs at that point would have got a full refund. We were due to go out again 4 days after everything closed.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just read that the season pass for St Anton costs €169 *

* If you were born in or before the year 1947.

The normal season pass costs €912.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Going to chance SKILLICO this season. Normally get season passes but as the 2 x 15yr olds are preparing for GCSEs and we are not going to be able to do long weekends, seemed best to keep the £££s in our pocket and just pay for the days we ski.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Got burned with MagicPass last season (they offered then withdrew a full refund due to COVID, and replaced it with 100CHF credit for this year Shocked ) so decided not to risk it again this year. Maybe I'll dip my toe into it again for 2022/3, as in spite of the lack of decent customer service (and rather draconian T&C's) the price on release is amazing, and very tempting if you ski more than a week in the season - or want to go in the summer too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Weathercam wrote:
@rob@rar, what sort of pricing do you pay up there etc?
With the discount (to be bought before 15 Nov), a Les Arcs-only pass is €800, and Les Arcs & La Plagne is €920. Some fringe benefits to the bigger pass, and interest free purchase over three payments if you wish.

736€ for me for the essential pass (over 65). I notice that Les Arcs pushes the extras such as the lift queue jumping more than the ability to ski in La Plagne.

All that worries me is that with Covid rates in the UK 10 times more than those in France France may pose restrictions on travellers from the UK. I don't think I'd bother with the extra for the summer season. They were very good with the refunds on shut down last time so I'm quite confident with the purchase, but will wait until the last minute to see what restrictions the French will apply.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bergmeister wrote:
Weathercam wrote:
motdoc wrote:
...Does anyone ski anywhere more expensive than that?...

La Grave €915 for 2 lifts*

* you could say 3 if you want to be pedantic Laughing

I'm genuinely staggered by that price! Shocked Shocked

Why? They probably only really sell to ski bums who are out every day so it makes sense. And it is probably the burliest lift served in the world. I doubt there are many families who go to la Grave a few weeks per year for whom the season pass price might be critical.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Weathercam wrote:
motdoc wrote:

I'm genuinely staggered by that price! Shocked

Possibly a bit pricy. Did you notice this bit below the price list
"Skiez également à Serre-Chevalier & l’Alpe d'Huez". I think La Grve shares a lift pass with Les 2 Alpes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stuarth wrote:
@motdoc,
Shocked
Can't remember exactly what my epic pass cost, but probably not far off that. Does cover quite a bit more though snowHead
Why is Whitewater so expensive? I briefly considered getting a Red Mountain one as I possibly have a trip out there this season, and don't recall it was all that expensive.

Red is pretty much the same as Whitewater.. I think they both didn't have many visitors last year and have a crowd of captive locals. Don't see it getting cheaper next year either. Definitely first world problems, I love it there, but it is getting more spendy quickly.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@johnE, @Dave of the Marmottes, it is the same company, that's why we get 25% of La Grave tickets.

La Grave locals, by that I mean people who live there all the year get a real raw deal in that they have to pay full whack, my guide mate's kids even pay the adult pass rate as do guides like Joe Vallone, bit of a battle going on about it all.

On a good day the place is rammed, and if you don't get there really early and have a pass you're quite fecked as the queue is massive, so it's worth buying an advanced ticket from a friendly Hotelier Very Happy

Some of the best days I've had there are when the lift is closed Cool
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
^ To be fair to La Grave :
1) You pay a premium because the mountain (but not the rustic-lift) is often empty.
Most seasons the telepherique doesn't make money. To the point where you feel a bit dirty crossing your own tracks Laughing
2) You can buy a midweek only season pass for 499E.
Good option for ski bums that want to tour at weekends and avoid the occasional Grenoble weekender crowds.
https://www.lagrave-lameije.com/fileadmin/user_upload/La_Grave/Domaine_hors-pistes_et_activite_freeride/Telepherique_la_Grave_flyer_hiver_2021_compressed.pdf

Season pass purchased (more accurately rolled over from last year) for family @ Glencoe.
Lets see how many days we get this winter...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just pulled trigger on our season passes for Les Gets/Morzine 383€ each. Hope it all happens but insurance will cover the biggest part of the risk if it doesn't. Been an expensive week, skis at the Snow Show, season lift passes plus deposits paid on accommodation.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Trigger pulled on the 999chf Verbier annual pass including the 40% “Parrain” discount. Kids are 300chf which is great value considering it includes the bike park all Summer.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Going to wait until the end of November. The areas don’t open until 3rd Dec anyway.

Grandvalira pass is €375 and Vallnord is €225. Vallnord pass includes lift access for mountain biking next summer.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
the three valleys is €1404 for a season pass, f**k me... no discounts for locals, owners nada....
snow report
skimottaret wrote:
the three valleys is €1404 for a season pass, f**k me... no discounts for locals, owners nada....

Reassuringly expensive!
snow report
@skimottaret, That's absolutely ridiculous, makes EK look reasonable and that's quite some achievement. Not even early buying discount, workers, instructors?
latest report
skimottaret wrote:
the three valleys is €1404* for a season pass, f**k me... no discounts for locals, owners nada....

And against all the uncertainty around covid, not very much concrete info on the site about refunds, partial or full, for not being able to use it etc. In a perfect world we'll do 6 weeks this year, so the season pass wins on price, but I've had a look at the Liberty Pass, which is a (hardly) discounted day rate with a few days free if you do lots of skiing.

E1263 ish for us old farts. Virtually free lol Very Happy

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 29-10-21 9:20; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
@Dr John, Nope nothing
ski holidays
@Haggis_Trap, also the mountain is often empty due to a shite skied out snow-pack, which is more often than not, and the only people bothering to ski it are all the Off-Piste groups who have their La Grave day on the Friday.

Also the vast % of skiers, especially Frenchies do not take a guide, and or are people like me who know the main runs & a few stashes, but lack the skillsets to access where there might still be untracked to be had, so don't bother going to LG.

I've actually done whole weeks staying there (with a guide) and might have only skied there once or twice in that week due to the conditions.

So they have to charge that much to account for the lack of day-trippers as a revenue source etc

So quite interesting seeing the disparity in pricing for the season.

@Timc, does that price include Avoriaz as that seems a good buy at 383€

pieman666 wrote:
skimottaret wrote:

Reassuringly expensive!

Crazy !!!
snow report
It's now €330 for a 6 day pass for the 3 Valleys...
latest report
That's not too bad it's €300 for a six day pass in Grandvalira the crossover point for a season pass is around 15 days...
snow report
Weathercam wrote:

@Timc, does that price include Avoriaz as that seems a good buy at 383€

@Weathercam, No. LG/M full adult 715€, Senior 639€, 40% discount before 31/10/21 383€. Payback time for the 40% discount pass is about 12 days.
PDS full adult 1028€, Senior 925€, discount before 31/8 717€, discount before 15/11 807€. I think there was a flash sale earlier in the year at a deeply discounted rate.

For the few days I go into PDS I normally buy a days extension which in the past has been at a slightly discounted PDS daily rate.
snow conditions
Just purchased Paradiski season passes plus carre neige for myself and partner. Came to 1924 euro inc the insurance. Took the 3 payment option as why wouldnt you
Not bad given the size of the ski area
Family are going Ski a La Carte as they are doing a week but due to 2 beginners, they will probably have a day off in there somewhere
Next item will be eurotunnel
its getting real
latest report
Bergmeister wrote:
Weathercam wrote:
motdoc wrote:

I'm genuinely staggered by that price! Shocked Shocked

Yes, and they do bug all piste bashing either for that. Toofy Grin
snow report
HammondR wrote:
j b wrote:
@HammondR, interested in finding out more about the Mont Blanc Unlimited. We haven't gone for a season pass in Evasion Mont Blanc this year having been slightly burnt in 2020 (we had planned a long March visit, but having used it only got a relatively small rebate) but it sounds as if your offer is not much more than we would have had to pay this year and covers quite a lot more.

If it covers the Tramway up to Les Houches from St Gervais then we would quickly get the extra value, and obviously be tempted over to Chamonix bases or even Verbier. I assume that price is for previous customers, but presumably we could get into the system for 2022-23.

Forgot to mention that it also includes the winter in Courmayeur (including the Skyway) and cheap tickets for the MB tunnel and cheap tickets for the Chamonix/Courmayeur bus. And the Montenvers train as well as (yes) the tramway from St Gervais. Gosh it is good value! We even used it to blag half price day tickets at Champex...

The prices are for existing customers, so you have to suffer a year at about 950€ for the season. Annual is dearer.

Also bought (3x) SuperPromo MBUs for the famille.
snow conditions
@L0ve2ski, there wasn't an earlybird, I just got excited! Haha. They do have some new deals which may be of interest however: Ski 2 days in 7 or ski 20 lifts per week. Might make sense for some people. Also, from what I understand now the UK is accepted into the EU Covid Pass, if you meet UK requirements as vaccinated, France will accept you are vaccinated (I believe this kicks in tomorrow morning so we can all play with TAC Verif) - which may also solve the issue of single vaccinated teenagers.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sun 31-10-21 15:39; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@Weathercam, sorry I took so long to reply, we paid €2819 for two of us incl. insurance and tracked postage. It's criminal really, but you do get a lot of snow for your money. Apparently there are some free 3V facemasks and other bits and bobs which can be collected on presentation of a season pass during the first week of season too. They do have some other offers this year which limit you to either 2/7 days or 20 lifts a week, but they aren't that much cheaper.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
As much as North America gets criticised for being expensive, this thread makes you realise just how amazing value the epic and iKON passes are.
ski holidays
boarder2020 wrote:
As much as North America gets criticised for being expensive, this thread makes you realise just how amazing value the epic and iKON passes are.

I've bought my epic Tahoe Value Pass (covering Heavenly, Kirkwood and Northstar) which has worked out at a bit under £330 for the season. So, yes, a bargain compared to some of the other prices mentioned in this thread.

It's an even bigger bargain when a day at any of the resorts I mentioned is going to cost the best part of £100. Only going to ski for 10 or 11 days, but it works out a lot better value than day passes.
latest report
trigger pulled opening day sales for our gang Espace Killy 2 adults 2 kids £3335. Big area great lift system I feel it's good value for what we get out of it.
ski holidays
I've just bought my Top 4 season pass (Jungfrau ski region, Adelboden-Lenk, Gstaad and Meiringen-Hasliberg) for CHF777.
latest report
Quote:

trigger pulled opening day sales for our gang Espace Killy 2 adults 2 kids £3335. Big area great lift system I feel it's good value for what we get out of it.

Shocked well I guess value is always in the eye of the beholder. If you have the disposable income and are going to get enough days maybe it works out for you.
snow report
Alastair Pink wrote:
I've just bought my Top 4 season pass (Jungfrau ski region, Adelboden-Lenk, Gstaad and Meiringen-Hasliberg) for CHF777.

Absolute bargain of the century. And they say CH is expensive.
snow conditions
skimottaret wrote:

that's crazy, it would put me off being an owner there. Most other areas of comparable quality skiing are circa 1k. If you've 2 teenage kids that's e1600 extra a season.
snow report
[quote="boarder2020"]
Quote:

Shocked well I guess value is always in the eye of the beholder. If you have the disposable income and are going to get enough days maybe it works out for you.

You can ski now on the lift pass, also in the summer on the glacier. The lifts will still be spinning the 1st week of May. The weather patterns generally bring a high yield of snow.
compare that to other resorts that are cheaper but less reliable snow. it kinda seems value
snow report
telford_mike wrote:
Alastair Pink wrote:

Absolute bargain of the century. And they say CH is expensive.

Agree, given the bus and rail included. Eg the Gstaad part includes the small resorts from Zweisimmen to Rougement plus the bus and rail connections. Fun day out, ski Z to R and back on the train.
ski holidays
boarder2020 wrote:

yep, my epic pass was about CA$1000. If all goes well I'll probably ski about 40 to 50 days at Whistler and another 4 planned for Kicking Horse, so about $20 per day - not too shabby! snowHead
snow report
Bought my Freizzeitticket (13 resorts, all year round, mtb/hiking/swimming lakes included in summer) for €612 last weekend.

There’s massive uproar here about the huge price increase from €500 something; and a ~20% increase IS a bit cheeky in fairness. For the first time ever they had to increase the pre-season discount duration because not enough people bought it Laughing But compared to some of the prices above I guess it’s still very good value!
snow report
clarky999 wrote:
For the first time ever they had to increase the pre-season discount duration because not enough people bought it Laughing

Oh no, didn't you hear? It was because of corona. Definitely nothing to do with the massive price increase. wink

I also love how they have now added the refund checker option (for closed weeks 2020) on the website after the usual end of the discount period, so if you already renewed you no longer have the card with the code on it, and have to dig around for the receipt. I was rewarded with a big fat zero.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy