Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who has pulled the trigger on their season passes?

Poster: A snowHead
I'll be ordering my Salzburg Super soon, I have until the 20th Dec to take advantage of the cheap price and don't arrive back home until the 18th. It covers 86 resorts now so there are still a load that I have never skied.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mother hucker wrote:
skimottaret wrote:
the three valleys is €1404 for a season pass, f**k me... no discounts for locals, owners nada....

that's crazy, it would put me off being an owner there. Most other areas of comparable quality skiing are circa 1k. If you've 2 teenage kids that's e1600 extra a season.

We are planning (Covid permitting rolling eyes ) to get 62 days skiing in the 3Vs this season, over 5 trips, for our €1364.

€22 (or £18.50 per day at current exchange rate) isn't bad at all. And for our last 2 seasons (excluding this one Sad ) we used our 3Vs season passes for 6 days skiing for free in Vail resorts in Colorado (which was worth over $700 each wink )

If that's not value for money I'm not sure what is.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'll be ordering SFA in advance.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Having purchased my 3V season pass at the start of the season, I am fortunate to have had just over two weeks use of it this season. Although now back in the U.K. I am confident I will be able to make good use of it later in the season.
What I have noticed however is the expiry date is 15 May 2022 unlike previous years where it has been the end of September. This effectively means it is not now valid for the summer season which for those of us that use it in the summer is a hidden price increase.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Duster, good spot on the May date, that is annoying.... Im not exactly jumping for joy having spend 1400 on my season pass and have managed a whole 9 days..
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I may have missed a thread, who has got their season pass?

Last season, I got two season passes for each of the Andorran areas. The second was so I could use the lifts in the summer for mountain biking too. I think last season’s cost €595 in total.

This year, they’ve combined the pass for the whole of Andorra which includes summer lift use for the grand total of €370 (resident with renewal discount). Happy days.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@hammerite, I got the ski amade all year pass in July
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'll get the Salzburg Superski Pass before the price increase in the 6th Dec. €860 for most of Austria!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Klamm Franzer, for half of Austria is it not?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Embarrassingly, it's about a third!

https://www.superskicard.com/en/
https://www.skiresort.info/ski-resorts/austria/

Interesting list of results when you order Austrian resorts by size even though they haven't caught up with some links.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I bought 2 season passes for Paradiski - Les Arc and La Plagne - for 730 euro each which is down on last years price
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not me (but I guess I'll have to.......) the Serre chevalier lift pass has jumped in price this year by over €200 to €1025 Shocked
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bought the GM pass in September to take advantage of the cheap offer - amazing value for money vs. pretty much any other area in France. No idea why it is so cheap... Maybe I should keep my trap shut? Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@KenX, seriously considering not bothering, we only just about manage to get the minimum days in. It just takes a couple of bad weather days where the lifts don't open to make it un-economical. It was decent value last year, although we cancelled it last winter when weren't able to come out at Christmas. We will probably just use Holiski again.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
In a good year I can ski 24 days but add in bad weather days, rubbish snow days & just can’t be bothered days & I get less than 100 euro price difference.
Once youngest of to university then I’ll definitely get use out of one
snow report
Not peeshing 3K away for nothing again. I'll get the cheapest deal I can shortly in advance of trip.
ski holidays
Morzine-Les Gets pass bought at end of September €402 - 40% early payment discount and a further 10% Senior Citizen discount. Break-even point is 11 days.
snow conditions
Yep 4 Vallees, L3 training.
snow report
cheburator wrote:
Bought the GM pass in September to take advantage of the cheap offer - amazing value for money vs. pretty much any other area in France. No idea why it is so cheap... Maybe I should keep my trap shut? Toofy Grin

I also got the GM season pass early bird deal in September last year. Amazing value.

It's still a good deal even now, at 552€ before end November. And they also have some other deals this month, like 23% off for families 6-14 days.
latest report
@Klamm Franzer, still a good deal. I thought maybe you had some inside info on more stations participating.
snow report
I’ll be getting my Glencoe season pass. £310.Happy
latest report
GlasgowCyclops wrote:

How many skiing days will that one tend to get you?
ski holidays
Scarpa wrote:
I'll be ordering my Salzburg Super soon, I have until the 20th Dec to take advantage of the cheap price and don't arrive back home until the 18th. It covers 86 resorts now so there are still a load that I have never skied.

Likewise, where are you based?
ski holidays
Received my Super Senior pass for Whitefish back in September. $154. It used to be free. Sad
snow conditions
Just paid for my Les Arcs season pass. €649. I thoughts that was a good deal.
ski holidays
We've booked 2 weeks in Grand Massif, so bought Season passes at early bird price of €525 which is cheaper than a 13 day lift pass. Suppose we need to arrange a second trip to take advantage...
snow report
Has anyone been able to buy a 3V season pass yet?
latest report
We have three weeks booked in Morillon in January/early February and season passes bought early and for people a touch older.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ster wrote:
GlasgowCyclops wrote:

How many skiing days will that one tend to get you?

In the past I wouldn’t have done it because I was working for a company and every time I was in Scotland the weather was not ideal. So I would get 6 days max.

However, now I have my own company and can take a day or two off during the week if the conditions are good then it will be worth it.

There is another speculative reason I can’t go into that makes it worth while.
snow conditions
Just hit the buy button and €1,538 for an annual 3V pass with insurance. ouch....
ski holidays
skimottaret wrote:
Just hit the buy button and €1,538 for an annual 3V pass with insurance. ouch....

ouch, indeed !
ski holidays
skimottaret wrote:

Blimey thats what we paid for two mont blanc unlimited passes back in oct/nov, no insureance
snow report
skimottaret wrote:

WOW my Tirol snow card just cost 945€
snow conditions
Not only trigger pulled, but just paid the final balance on the accomodation. Only thing left to book/pay for now is ski hire Smile
snow report
Bought two Ski Alpin(Saalbach) passes before the discount finishes Very Happy , nice 264 saving
ski holidays
Just did it. 3V season for 2 plus Carré Neige..ouch!
latest report
Perty wrote:
Just did it. 3V season for 2 plus Carré Neige..ouch!

Ouch indeed! Sad

I looked at the Carré Neige and was disappointed to see (in the small print) that medical cover is limited to €50k - versus 5 or 10 million on UK travel insurance policies. That put me off somewhat rolling eyes .

We therefore bought our 3V season passes earlier in the week "sans assurance" and will look for medical cover elsewhere.
latest report
@Bergmeister, afaik the assurance on your lift pass at (in the case of PdS) is €59 a year and covers you for rescue, emergency medical cover and repatriation. It’s not really to replace your travel insurance, as it’s designed for French folk who have top up cover anyway. The beauty of the cover with your pass is that you have no need to pay for rescue etc and reclaim it (as you would on your UK travel insurance) and there’s no need to worry about whether you’re on/off piste, with/without a guide, open/closed piste - they’ll take you off the hill and sort out the costs. I think sixty euro a year is a bargain!
ski holidays
Quote:

For how many people? I've just paid €1188 for my wife and my Paradiski passes combined.

Though Carré Neige looks good value combined with EHIC I have declined it since I already have travel insurance.
snow report
@johnE, I assume “annual” is year round so includes summer?

I have BMC insurance as that covers me for cycling, climbing etc as well as skiing, ski touring etc, but I still pay for assurance on my season pass due to the simplicity of just showing your pass and then someone else deals with the immediate costs of any incident. Given that the injured party may be taken off on their own and away from the rest of the party avoiding having to worry about signing paperwork in French is well worth fifty quid!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy