Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Booster Covid jab

Poster: A snowHead
Why is this not going onto the NHS website? For those of us who had vaccines ! & 2 early on which appear to be valid for one year from day of last vaccine, many skiing over Easter will need further proof from the booster jab.......
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you are over 50 (or a front line worker) you can book a booster six months after the last dose.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-booster-dose-resources/covid-19-vaccination-a-guide-to-booster-vaccination

I had mine last month. The original was December & mid January.

Unfortunately the protection wanes in time but particularly if we had them in close succession as per the initial guidelines.

I think that Austria will demand 9 months since last dose. You would need to verify that.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had my booster on 1st October. It shows on my medical record (available via the app), but this potentially has lots of other confidential info, so you won't want all and sundry to be reading it.

It is in date order, so might get more difficult to find as time goes by.

Can't understand why they haven't updated the app to show this.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You should be able to book now for the jab after 6 months, not wait till 6 months are up. Should enable better planning . Oops NHS not great at that
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had my flu jab & Covid booster a couple of days ago (Scotland) by invitation. It’s taken me 40 hours to stop shaking with the chills or sweating with the fever!
The first 2 jabs had no unintended effects on me whatsoever. Still glad to have had it done after experiencing Covid earlier in the year.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@McKenzie, Did you have covid after your first 2 jabs?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I received a text this AM inviting me to book my booster. 6 months and two days since my 2nd
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
All working here on NHS system. Both ski3 adults on double from original schedule, one called for booster and completed 3 days after six months automatically.
Junior ski3 18yrs just completed second on automatic scheduling 4 weeks ago.
Junior 2 ski3, 12-15yrs last Friday at school for first vax, also recieved notification direct from NHS in how to book or just attend school rollout. Decent information in that communication about who, what, why etc to give factual overview of what is happening.

Non of us are in special categories for the rollout scheme, all seems to plan without fuss. I feel they're doing a good job of it from that experience.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skilegs wrote:
Why is this not going onto the NHS website? For those of us who had vaccines ! & 2 early on which appear to be valid for one year from day of last vaccine, many skiing over Easter will need further proof from the booster jab.......
At the moment the "Covid passport" for domestic or travel purposes does not depend on having the booster jab, and I've not heard of any plans to change that. I had my booster jab a few weeks ago and it appears in my NHS records (including appearing in the NHS app) but my Covid pass does not reference the booster jab, only the first two jabs I had to complete my initial vaccination.

I don't think there are countries which are currently requiring evidence of a booster jab for entry, nor have said that this will be required in the next few months?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
CaravanSkier wrote:

Yes, one of the delights of having school age children. The worst part was that it slowly worked it’s way through the household meaning that my also double-jabbed wife who got it last had to endure a total of 30 days of isolation. We were quite ill with it but nothing compared to how ill our fit & skinny 16 y.o. twins were.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
McKenzie wrote:
The first 2 jabs had no unintended effects on me whatsoever.
Which vaccine did you have for your first two jabs? I'm the opposite to you - noticeable side effects for my first two jabs (Pfizer), nothing at all with my booster (also Pfizer).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar wrote:
McKenzie wrote:
The first 2 jabs had no unintended effects on me whatsoever.
Which vaccine did you have for your first two jabs? I'm the opposite to you - noticeable side effects for my first two jabs (Pfizer), nothing at all with my booster (also Pfizer).

AZ for the first 2, Moderna for the booster
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
McKenzie wrote:
AZ for the first 2, Moderna for the booster
Thanks. It will be interesting to see that data emerge about side effects of a mixed dose for initial vaccine and subsequent booster. As an aside, I think the evidence coming from the US about the immediate effects of booster jabs is that Moderna elicits the strongest immune response, especially if it's following a different kind of vaccine for the first two jabs.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar wrote:
I don't think there are countries which are currently requiring evidence of a booster jab for entry, nor have said that this will be required in the next few months?

Rather than access specifically requiring a booster jab, some countries apply a validity period to the last jab. For example, Austria allows vaccine passes to be used for around 1 year (360 days?) from the last jab (assuming full vaccination is complete). They currently have no interest in whether you've had 2 jabs, 3 jabs or half a dozen, but you must be within the validity period since your most recent one. As boosters are generally being given at a shorter interval than the validity period, this shouldn't pose too many problems among travellers from the UK.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Scarlet, thanks, I didn't know that Austria imposed a time limit. I wonder that means they are thinking of annual booster jabs for everyone?
ski holidays
rob@rar wrote:
@Scarlet, thanks, I didn't know that Austria imposed a time limit. I wonder that means they are thinking of annual booster jabs for everyone?

No idea about annual rollouts (not enough data, I suspect), but there is a plan in place for boosters for the whole population – availability at 3, 6 or 9 months depending on age, health status and which vaccine you had already.
latest report
McKenzie wrote:
CaravanSkier wrote:

Yes, one of the delights of having school age children. The worst part was that it slowly worked it’s way through the household meaning that my also double-jabbed wife who got it last had to endure a total of 30 days of isolation. We were quite ill with it but nothing compared to how ill our fit & skinny 16 y.o. twins were.

Folk who had covid pre first jab frequently seem to report 'strong side effects' from the first jab (anecdotally as I did, my husband both AZ, and my Aunt Pz). I wonder if there will be a pattern of folk who have had covid after the 2 jabs being poorly with the booster?

30 days of isolation must have sucked but it`s good to hear you all fully recovered.
snow report
CaravanSkier wrote:
McKenzie wrote:
CaravanSkier wrote:

Folk who had covid pre first jab frequently seem to report 'strong side effects' from the first jab (anecdotally as I did, my husband both AZ, and my Aunt Pz). I wonder if there will be a pattern of folk who have had covid after the 2 jabs being poorly with the booster?

30 days of isolation must have sucked but it`s good to hear you all fully recovered.

It’s nothing compared to what some people have had to endure but 2 out of 4 of us have seriously compromised taste & smell which is a bit tedious to say the least.
ski holidays
@McKenzie, yep! For me I can`t see I will ever get back to where I was before covid with taste/smell.
latest report
On the positive side I used to be super-sensitive to chemicals and cleaners; not a problem anymore.
On the negative side I’m the cook in the house so I really need a second opinion with flavouring & seasoning now.
One of our sons now finds that most foods taste absolutely revolting & he’s lost a lot of weight so he’s come out of it much worse.
snow report
@McKenzie, It`s good to look for the positive.

It`s the cook in me that`s really suffered, I used to be able to taste 'dishes' any of the family were cooking and say 'it needs more of ....' now I am uncertain, it`s a big loss for me Crying or Very sad I am still hopeful more of that ability will return with continual effort, retraining of my senses etc!

I am so sorry for the effects on your son, that really sucks! The 'worst' of the smell/taste thing does seem to rectify itself in due course (according to doctor son of mine and my own personal experience, for me it was months of smelling bacon sandwiches, many suffered worse). There is lots of research being done in this area right now.
latest report
@McKenzie, @CaravanSkier, nothing to do with covid, but I lost pretty much all my sense of smell around 4 years ago. Wine is tasted by texture, if that makes sense. Unami, sweet, sour, sharp,salt, are my go to reference points in cooking. Still a great deal of enjoyment. As my wife says, it hasn’t stopped me eating or drinking as she surveys my stomach Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy