Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Telepass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hopefully going through France and Italy this winter and wondered if anyone had used the Telepass in both countries and how did you get it
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I use a French Atmb (Autoroutes Mont Blanc) telepass device. I registered for it online and they sent it to me in the UK. It's linked to my credit card and allows me to use all the fast pass lanes on the French motorway network.

I don't use one in Italy however as you basically only need to take a ticket on entry to the motorway network then pay on exit. I drove to Calabria in the south of Italy last month from the north on one ticket unlike in France where you have to do peages for different sections of motorway stopping more frequently.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@DaveD, admin reported on another thread last week that he uses Mango Mobilities and is happy with it - which works in France, Italy, Spain, and Portugal. I’ve just ordered one. Online ordering process was easy; I’ve linked it to my uk bank account (revolut; it didn’t like Nationwide). Not received it or used it yet so can’t say anymore.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Italian Telepass devices can be switched on for France, Spain and Portugal, so I expect that there is the same facility for French devices in Italy.
An Italian one when used in France bills the tolls plus (as I recall) €1.50 for every calander month that it is used in France (much the same as a low use ATMB device).
I suspect that Sweedish didn't go around Turin - pay as you go there is a tedious stop/start process!
@DaveD - you don't say how you will be travelling between France and Italy - be warned that a one way ticket for the tunnels under Frejus or Mont Blanc is an eyewatering €46.30!
https://www.atmb.com/en/our-offers/mont-blanc-tunnel-cost-and-subscription/light-vehicles
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
[quote=
you don't say how you will be travelling between France and Italy - be warned that a one way ticket for the tunnels under Frejus or Mont Blanc is an eyewatering €46.30!
https://www.atmb.com/en/our-offers/mont-blanc-tunnel-cost-and-subscription/light-vehicles[/quote]

I tried that .....once...I am going France -Andorra- France (L2A)-Italy( Campitello) and will use the old road (d1091) past La Grave now they have opened it again

Thanks for the info all
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy