Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Looking for a temporary rent/sublet in Innsbruck

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I’m looking to move over to Innsbruck from the end of December/early January for 1.5-2 months and currently on the hunt for a nice living location (room/studio/1-bed apartment). Conscious there are a number of snowheads based in Innsbruck I was wondering if anyone has either a) a suitable place available or b) any suggestions or recommendations for where to look? So far I’ve been scouting several FB groups and Airbnbs – the first tend to be rooms for permanent rent rather than temporary, while airbnbs seem extremely expensive. Any help would be very welcome!

Thank you! Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I reckon @scarlet might have some useful advice, or @clarky999?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Innsbruck is a popular location and also the most expensive city in Austria for housing/rent. As far as I'm aware, studios and 1-bed apartments are in short supply, and the demand keeps the prices of these even higher. However, AirBnbs are always negotiable, so write to the owner of any place you like the look of, and see if they can help. If you can avoid the high season weeks over Christmas/New Year, you may have a bit more luck.

I assume you've found a few of the Wohnungsbörse groups, and you're right they will generally be a 3 year let, but you will also find people advertising rooms in shared apartments. You can also place your own ad for a room with your dates and a bit of info about yourself. People pass the rooms around all the time, though you may need to find a replacement tenant when you leave – you'll need to discuss that with the owner or other tenants.

The other thing you can do is join FB groups focused around a sport or activity. Don't spam them with wanted ads, but you may find likeminded people posting ads for rooms. If there's a WhatsApp group, join that too for the same reason, at worst you may have a few contacts when you arrive.

You could also look outside the city itself, especially if you've got access to a car or bike. Be aware that the Innsbruck postcode 6020 covers the whole city, and the villages further out have their own postcodes (Google maps will show you the area).

Good luck!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@admin, Gimme chance! Some of us have to work for a living wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
NehNeh Just wanted to make sure you'd seen it... but of course you had Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you, that's helpful! Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy