Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chmonix without any vaccine

Poster: A snowHead
HI Guys

so as the title suggests, im of snowboarding in a few resorts in jan (title doesnt suggest that bit i know) - week here and there. Im going to Chamonix for a week where I'm meeting up with friends - one of whom has decided to not have the vaccine. Don't really want to get into an anti vaccine type thread! im just wondering if he's going to have problems - by the sounds of what I'm reading places, he is. From what i understand to go into bars restaurants in France you need to show your vaccine passport, and thinking logically about it, if they are doing that for towns and cities i imagine your going to need that to be on the slopes?

From my point of view I'm double jabbed, is the nhs app enough to use in France or do they even recognise the UK qr code ? I've been reading around, pretty sure they do - wonder if anyone with boots on the ground had had any experiences so far ?

Smile
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
after doing some more research....he's screwed......
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yup, but he's an adult so it's his choice. You will be fine so that's the main thing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
looks like the plush apartment is getting cancelled in chamonix - looks like im looking for single accomodation Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Depending when in January it is he still has time to get double jabbed. If the reality of not being able to ski this year out weighs the not wanting a jab...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Andy_Mac, your mate isn’t Gainz by any chance is he?!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Andy_Mac, Tbh, Unless he changes his mind, the chances of him skiing anywhere in Europe, or even traveling abroad in the next couple of years could be slim. Once most Countries reach certain levels of vaccination, then the option of a -ve test may disappear, except in limited medical situations.

Probably be limited to the UK, and that might exclude accommodation/bars in Scotland or Wales. Puzzled

Add to that, the prospect of a UK Plan B, which might yet include some form of vaccine pass for a night out, you might find yourself looking for single accommodation quite often.

Have you thought about signing up for a bash? plenty of company for single skiers. Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No mate - not him Smile

I get the feeling im going to be trying to make a last minute booking like the day of the booking lol - this is going to get pricey....
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Was in Chamonix this week and your getting asked for COVID QR code everywhere
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jonny996 wrote:
Was in Chamonix this week and your getting asked for COVID QR code everywhere

yeah thought so - appreciate the response !
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Andy_Mac wrote:
HI Guys

so as the title suggests, im of snowboarding in a few resorts in jan (title doesnt suggest that bit i know) - week here and there. Im going to Chamonix for a week where I'm meeting up with friends - one of whom has decided to not have the vaccine. Don't really want to get into an anti vaccine type thread! im just wondering if he's going to have problems - by the sounds of what I'm reading places, he is. From what i understand to go into bars restaurants in France you need to show your vaccine passport, and thinking logically about it, if they are doing that for towns and cities i imagine your going to need that to be on the slopes?

From my point of view I'm double jabbed, is the nhs app enough to use in France or do they even recognise the UK qr code ? I've been reading around, pretty sure they do - wonder if anyone with boots on the ground had had any experiences so far ?

Smile
Andy-Mac Liverpool University Med School 1986-92?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just another thought. Can he get valid travel insurance if not vaccinated?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Forget the passe sanitaire, as an unvaxxed person, unless he has a compelling reason to enter France he isn’t allowed in. The vax cert is the one thing they do check at the border!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Also you can use your NHS app but I found Tous anti COVID much better as you can have the vax QR in the wallet and not worry about signal or even tracking down a screenshot. You can scan the second NHS QR code directly into the TAC app. But others are happy to use NHS code, also works directly.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ed123 wrote:
Andy_Mac wrote:
HI Guys

Smile
Andy-Mac Liverpool University Med School 1986-92?

Not me im afraid!
ski holidays
Andy_Mac wrote:
...he's screwed...

Exactly. That.

This is precisely why the Pass Sanitaire has had such a positive impact on French vaccination rates.
snow conditions
@Andy_Mac, He does have the other option of showing previous infection. Suggest he hangs around with as many Secondary School Kids as he can (without being too friendly obviously) to catch it. Hopefully doesn't die, then he just has to show proof of previous infection and Voila.
latest report
snowdave wrote:
@Andy_Mac, your mate isn’t Gainz by any chance is he?!

lol

@Andy_Mac, please pass your mate my details so we can stand up to this covid tyranny together!
snow conditions
@Gainz, Looks like the two of you will be skiing together in North Yorkshire this season. Toofy Grin

May not be able to have a post ski beer thought. NehNeh
ski holidays
Andy_Mac wrote:

Im going to Chamonix for a week where I'm meeting up with friends - none of whom has decided to not have the vaccine.
Smile

FIFY
snow report
@Andy_Mac, As a double jabbed skier, you won't have any problem. The NHS app should work, but no harm in also loading the EU apps as relevant.

The TousAntiCovid carries a copy of your certificate in a wallet, which can be presented even without a signal.
The Green Pass app is very quick and easy. Just update the latest certificates before you travel.

Also worth carrying a laminated copy of your cert, just in case. Thousands had problems last week when the system went down.

Check out the various threads on this topic. Things are changing all the time. This Forum is probably the best place for the latest up to date info, as members are traveling all the time, and giving feedback of any problems/solutions.
snow conditions
Andy_Mac wrote:
HI Guys

Don't really want to get into an anti vaccine type thread! im just wondering if he's going to have problems - by the sounds of what I'm reading places, he is.
Smile

Main problem not being able to get in to France?
ski holidays
brianatab wrote:
Just another thought. Can he get valid travel insurance if not vaccinated?

Sounds like the sort of person who may not be bothered about travel insurance...?
ski holidays
Quote:

when the system went down

@brianatab, which system? I don't think TAC requires any signal Puzzled
snow report
buchanan101 wrote:
Andy_Mac wrote:
HI Guys

Don't really want to get into an anti vaccine type thread! im just wondering if he's going to have problems - by the sounds of what I'm reading places, he is.
Smile

Main problem not being able to get in to France?

or swizerland - im not sure how this is going to work - i appreciate the response to this is, it currently wont lol
snow report
A lad at the golf club was in the same frame of mind as your mate, antivax. Until the lads organised a golf tour to Spain, he quickly changed his mind on it.....
ski holidays
@under a new name, It was the Heathrow Biometric system that went down. Affected Glasgow and Gatwick as well. Hundreds of travelers missed their flights.

I believe there was a knock on effect of checking Covid certificates electronically. There was a comment on a thread here somewhere.

Not every Numpty thinks about downloading a copy to their phone, or using an EU app. If they can't get a signal for the NHS app, then they have problems, and cause delays for everybody else. Having a hard copy makes sense. Lets you jump the queue. Very Happy
ski holidays
Same with anything I am travelling with - car hire agreements, DVLA check code etc

Yes I have everything on my phone...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yup, he’s not even getting into the country, let alone anywhere near the alps.
snow report
So glad at least the French can stop anyone stupid enough not to have the vaccine from even getting there.
ski holidays
Can you guilt trip him into getting vax on the basis that you would be feeling a bit of a Billy no mates without him, plus point out he has just put up the cost of your trip now you have to go solo….

If that doesn’t work, make sure you go anyway and send him lots of pics of you having an awesome time Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Andorra via Spain or Spain itself is about the only option available to your unvaccinated friend at the moment without quarantine.
latest report
@jnm, no one should go there till they demand a double jab
snow conditions
@Perty, excellent idea! Smile

I just did the same with one of my mate. Not heard any result so far though ...
ski holidays
Was reading earlier about the surge in rates in Benidorm. Being blamed on UK tourists (22%), but that still leaves a lot of scope for other Europeans to contribute. (Belgium are second highest in numbers of visitors. From a small population, must be quite a few of those carrying the virus)

Found this link earlier. Might give your mate some idea of the current rules. Very Happy

https://uk.ambafrance.org/Health-pass-and-vaccination-in-the-UK
snow conditions
twoodwar wrote:
So glad at least the French can stop anyone stupid enough not to have the vaccine from even getting there.

Amen to that.

But I just wonder about anyone who would willingly shut themselves out of having fun.

I guess he can stay at home and make schussing noises whilst congratulating himself on how he's standing up to "the man."
ski holidays
@Pasigal, standing up to common sense, rationality, a sense of protecting you fellow man/woman more like Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy