Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EU Covid certificates for travel to Austria

Poster: A snowHead
In the same vein as the EU Covid certificates for UK based Irish folk thread, and seeing as the What is the current situation regarding travel to Austria thread has now reached 80 pages(!) I’m trying to ascertain what documents /QR codes are required for Austria, as we’re heading out to the Austrian Glaciers in mid November …

So to start with, this site www.austriavisas.com/digital-covid-certificate-for-austria says
Quote:
In addition to having an EU green certificate for Austria all travellers wishing to enter the country from a territory outside of Europe must also obtain a Pre-travel clearance for Austria at least 72 hours before their intended date of arrival.
(though whether that’s actually necessary as we’ll be entering At. from De. - not from a territory outside Europe???)

Unfortunately the NHS Covid QR code (passport) isn’t yet accepted as a valid EU Digital Covid Certificate (EUDCC), and I can’t find any details of a generic EUDCC, only individual country’s passes

https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-travel-eu/coronavirus-response/safe-covid-19-vaccines-europeans/eu-digital-covid-certificate_en

There is info on the Austrian Green Pass at https://gruenerpass.gv.at/en/ with details of the App here https://gruenerpass.gv.at/en/app/ but unfortunately for me, from Google Play store it said “This item is not available in your country” Sad

However the French TousAntiCovid app does accept the NHS QR code and is available from

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.gouv.android.stopcovid&hl=en_GB&gl=US
or
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tousanticovid/id1511279125

I’ve just downloaded it from Google Play and scanned my second NHS jab QR certificate into it, so now have a valid French QR code which should hopefully be valid across Europe as a EUDCC
I’m not sure if this is a long winded route which will now be accepted in Austria Puzzled , or whether the gruenerpass.gv.at app will be downloadable once I get to Austria (maybe need a local SIM card)

Hopefully someone has gone through the hoops recently, and may know the official way snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There are two different issues here. One is entering the country for which your NHS certificate is perfectly fine.

The second is being able to use a "green pass" app or certificate to access various services within the country for which your NHS certificate is currently no use. Up to now many places are not scanning the certificates so this has all been a bit irrelevant but you cant rely on this continuing. There is no EU wide certificate, they are issued by the various countries but there is mutual recognition between the countries (not UK) so for example German "green pass" works in Italy or Austria. For some odd reason France seems to recognise UK certificates but these are not recognised in most other countries (sorry!). As far as I know the app simply stores a copy of your certificate and checks whether it is valid it does not create a new EU type certificate (that is what the Irish government are doing for Irish citizens who have been vaccinated in the UK). A good example is Switzerland where visitors from outside of the EEA have to apply for a valid certificate if they want to visit a restaurant etc (there is a thread on this).

For the play store you would have to change your country to "Austria" to download the app but I believe there are reasons not to do this so best be very cautious about doing so (or ask someone who knows more than me!). I believe the German apps such as Corona Warn or CovPass are possible to download on a UK phone, they do exactly the same thing as the Austrian Grünerpass.

Without wanting to be a prophet of doom (or Stanton!) the Austrian government have just issued a set of updated rules (more on the general Austria thread) with include a requirement for anyone using a ski lift to prove they have been vaccinated or tested. Not sure they have thought about UK visitors and the non valid vaccine certification issue.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It would be good to hear from someone who has navigated the Austrian system as a British visitor, but I can tell you what I would do: print half a dozen copies of your full NHS Covid certificate and save it on your phone as well (I haven’t seen one, but I’m assuming it looks official). If anyone asks for it, then you have something to show. When it gets crumpled/wet/torn throw it away and use a new one.

Nobody has asked for mine for at least a month. I have been to the pub, several mountain huts and an indoor sports facility in that time. Nobody has ever scanned it, ever.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks, @munich_irish,
Quote:
France seems to recognise UK certificates .... As far as I know the app simply stores a copy of your certificate and checks whether it is valid it does not create a new EU type certificate

Don't know anything about the format of QR codes, but the QR created by the TousCovid app definitely has a different physical pattern from the NHS#2 QR which I scanned, so am assuming that it now meets the EUDCC format.

Friends who were in France in the summer had scanned their NHS codes into TousCovid, so this version of their NHS codes was now acceptable in French restaurants etc.

The TousCovid QR certificate also has a border mode switch, which extracts the key Name/DOB/Vaccine/Injection Date from the code in readable form.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@geoffers, I cant say for Austria but I know the NHS certs in the French app are not valid here in Germany. I checked one for a UK visitor a while back and it comes up with an "invalid" message. Reports from Switzerland say it is the same there. Download Corona Warn and try it for yourself. As @Scarlet, says currently there is not a lot of checking going on but dont assume that will continue to be the case. If reports in the media are correct from mid November you will need to comply with 3G to go skiing in Austria and there are posts on various threads here with examples of needing to upload certificates to buy ski passes. As with all this the situation with regard to rules & regs is constantly changing, at the moment a print out of your NHS certificate should work in most places but whether that will be the case next week.....
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Afaik, the law is that you have to have some kind of official certificate of vaccination, recovery etc., but they are pretty loose on the format. Apart from border agents, nobody is in the business of turning customers away because they don’t like the look of their certificates. If you have something that appears valid, it *should* be fine, because the company has checked and therefore fulfilled their obligations.

I’ll be surprised if the ski pass rule is anything more than the Kassa employee asking to see something, but I guess we’ll see when that rule gets implemented (no checks at the moment).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@geoffers, my lad is currently in Kaprun doing an SBSSV Anwarter course. He is happily accessing lifts and bars/restaurants using printed copies of his NHS certificates of vaccination and recovery. No app being checked there.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As@Scarlet, says the regulation is that you have a certificate in either English or German. No one is in the business of turning people away. You don't need the pre travel clearance if vaccinated.
https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations is probably a better source of information. The requirements for entering from UK (where your journey originates is important not which country you enter from) fall into the category of travellers from all other countries.
If you do want to download the grunnerpass app you need to create a second Google account with location set as Austria (I had to do this as although I live in Austria my Google account was set up yeas ago in UK).

The only time anyone asked to see mine they didn't scan it just a quick look. No one can give you absolute guidance at the moment as although the government were giving press releases about what is going to happen a couple of weeks ago they have not released the actual regulation yet.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The best links:

Detailed up-to-date Government info from Austria:
https://www.oesterreich.gv.at/en/themen/coronavirus_in_oesterreich/pre-travel-clearance.html

Less detailed but accurate Government info taken from the above link and made more user friendly (sometimes takes a while to update any changes)
https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations

Grüner Pass will NOT work with NHS QR codes but NHS certs will be recognised in digital or paper form.

Hope that helps peeps... Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Photo ID is technically needed to accompany any proof (even the Green Pass). Although I have never been asked for it I do know a few others who have.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Timberwolf wrote:
@geoffers, my lad is currently in Kaprun doing an SBSSV Anwarter course. He is happily accessing lifts and bars/restaurants using printed copies of his NHS certificates of vaccination and recovery. No app being checked there.

Good to know.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@flangesax, thanks
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Scarlet wrote:
Afaik, the law is that you have to have some kind of official certificate of vaccination, recovery etc., but they are pretty loose on the format. Apart from border agents, nobody is in the business of turning customers away because they don’t like the look of their certificates. If you have something that appears valid, it *should* be fine, because the company has checked and therefore fulfilled their obligations.

This is certainly my experience.

Anecdotally, I heard, the other day, about a friend who was asked for their vaxs proof on entering a restaurant. In vain they searched for their Geimpft card. Realising it wasn’t on their person, they showed a photo of a card from their phone. It wasn’t their card but the restaurant staff member was happy to see something! In short, the extent of checking is brief and not overly diligent. As said, nobody is in the business of turning paying customers away. Not all establishments are checking things, though this may tighten up.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We are currently in Austria (drove across from CH) and there was no check at the border and we haven’t had to scan anything so far.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You can download GreenCheck and use that to check other peoples certs, it could be handy as a group check, a bit like making sure everyone's avi beep is switched on Laughing
I was in Austria the other week and everywhere we went for eating out it was just a visual check of a cert on your phone. I put my Austrian cert onto the Yourwallet app and it worked fine, I like the way that if you tap your cert it increases the brightness and size of the QR code.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The NHS will be fine from tomorrow

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/28/eu-gives-go-ahead-nhs-covid-pass-proof-full-vaccination?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
ski holidays
buchanan101 wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/28/eu-gives-go-ahead-nhs-covid-pass-proof-full-vaccination?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

That will be fine until the NHS turn off your certificate because you have had a positive test! I believe everywhere else once you get a certificate it is valid for a good period of time.
latest report
munich_irish wrote:
buchanan101 wrote:

That will be fine until the NHS turn off your certificate because you have had a positive test! I believe everywhere else once you get a certificate it is valid for a good period of time.

Hopefully not...double jabbed, then caught it, and should have booster in November...

(Yes, the cert turned off for 10 or 14 days after I had a +ve PCR; implies the NHS app is more clever)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy