Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Family apartments in Austria

Poster: A snowHead
We’d love to try a family ski holiday in Austria (children are 13 & 10) but am really struggling for accommodation.

The only options I can find are hotels with the Twin Austrian beds which aren’t suitable for family of four. Usually in France we go for an apartment with a separate bedroom with a double bed and bunk beds / sofa bed and single beds type of set-up.

Can anybody advise of anywhere that offers this sort of accommodation?

What do other families do? We really don’t want two separate hotel rooms.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They exist but you have to look privately for the most part. Some of the leg work can be done on the bigger areas booking sites, like skiwelt and ski amade, for instance. You will usually be able to see room layouts from their booking site or their own private website if you dig a bit. Austrian apartments tend to be a bit bigger per person than French ones (not just the same size with more lying down options!).

Pick an area you think you'll like and get surfing. You won't find a choice of purpose built ski in/out blocks, but your searching should pay off with a nice place to stay.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank you, I’ll take a look at those sites.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@peanutlady, the place we are (hopefully) staying next year has apartments.

https://www.darrehof.at/en/
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@peanutlady, Booking.com has loads. It does mean you will have to arrange your own flights and transfers though.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@peanutlady, there's loads in flachau. Central apartments look good, Kristall is near the lift (next door to me). As others have said booking.com, or tourist information. I often just Google and look at the results on the map
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you.

It sounds like I need to steer away from the main tour operators to find what I’m looking for.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@peanutlady, have you tried Sunweb? They definitely had a lot of Austriam apartments when I've looked before. Their prices are very reasonable but always worth a cross check with the accommodation themselves if you find any suitable to see if they can better the price.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@peanutlady, Sent you a PM.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@peanutlady, there is quite a network of British people who own and let holiday apartments in Saalbach-Hinterglemm (the biggest lift-linked ski area in Austria). I’m in contact with most of them through Facebook and Messenger, and it’s no problem to circulate an enquiry for accommodation.
I have also compiled a 20 page guide to the area, covering travel and transfer options, equipment hire, ski-school, recommendations for restaurants, après-ski, ski itineraries... etc.
You’re welcome to a copy if you PM me your email address.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@peanutlady, I certainly recommend @RedandWhiteFlachau's apartments in Flachau - sounds like it is exactly what you are after!
Should they be busy, we have a family room (exactly as you described above) but are not an apartment. We offer BnB and catered stays.
Good luck with the search! Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@flangesax, We've been in touch but don't have the space when they want to come. I also gave her Haus Susanne as an alternative. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If you're looking at the Ski Amade region you could try Apartment Strims, which is on the outskirts of Zauchensee. Run by an ex-pat British couple (Nigel and Karen), and kept to a nice standard. They have several apartments within the one chalet and they tend to be laid out in a double + twin + sofa bed in main room set-up, which sounds like it might suit.
Worth a look?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skiinghamster wrote:
If you're looking at the Ski Amade region you could try Apartment Strims, which is on the outskirts of Zauchensee. Run by an ex-pat British couple (Nigel and Karen), and kept to a nice standard. They have several apartments within the one chalet and they tend to be laid out in a double + twin + sofa bed in main room set-up, which sounds like it might suit.
Worth a look?

https://skizauchensee.com/

Kaz and Nige are good mates and there place is amazing!... might be a bit late in booking for this season though!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@flangesax, stayed with them a couple of years ago (for a BASI course) and it was absolutely first rate.
latest report
for appartments in Austria, I've used Interhome a couple of times, has always worked well.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy