Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pass for France

Poster: A snowHead
Help please. I’m off to France for 6 weeks starting 3rd Jan 22,
I had my Pfizer shot earlier this year and I’m off for my booster next week. What paperwork am I going to need and how/where do I apply for it if I need a pass/passport to access everything, lifts, restaurants etc. I’ve joined the conversation late and I’m confused trying to understand some of the conversations on here. I’m a single traveller and 70 English passport if that is important .
Thanks for your help.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you are double jabbed, regardless of booster, you're good. No restrictions. NHS app gives you everything you need.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cagey,

This gives you the info you need:-

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coronavirus-advice-for-foreign-nationals-in-france/
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Brilliant thanks, tired now finish off tomorrow not the sort of thing to make mistakes on, I’ve already passed some of it on to friends who had same worries as me,
Thanks
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@cagey, we downloaded the French app TousAntiCovid and scanned our NHS QR codes into it. TAC regularly scanned by restaurants and bars. It just works.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Latest news on masks and pass here https://www.bfmtv.com/sante/ski-castex-annonce-le-masque-obligatoire-dans-les-files-d-attente-des-remontees-mecaniques_AD-202111060120.html

Masks in cable cars and lift queues pass sanitaire if rate exceeds 200 cases per 100,000 inhabitants,
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Timc, That's a low bar by UK standards...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
user
Sat 06 Nov, 21 17:06
Has anyone got a grasp on what constitutes a ‘mask’?

Some formal level of medical mask or simply pulling your buff up over your nose?

In the U.K. a mask / face covering could have been made out of any spare piece of material lying around. What’s the deal in the EU / France?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Has anyone got a grasp on what constitutes a ‘mask’?

Some formal level of medical mask or simply pulling your buff up over your nose?

In the U.K. a mask / face covering could have been made out of any spare piece of material lying around. What’s the deal in the EU / France?[/quote]
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The NHS app works just fine in France, no need to faff with TousantiCovid now.
French Ski resorts are selling Buffs with an 'approved' logo so I guess France/EU have some sort of standard required.
https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/forfait-ski/tour-de-cou-2/
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

The NHS app works just fine in France, no need to faff with TousantiCovid now.
French Ski resorts are selling Buffs with an 'approved' logo so I guess France/EU have some sort of standard required.
https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/forfait-ski/tour-de-cou-2/

Just got one of these https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/forfait-ski/tour-de-cou-2/ 10,00 € delivered to UK. Ordered on the 8/11 turned up today 11/11.
Don't Know how well it will go down in Tignes or Les Gets though.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Timc, Before the days of Helmets I wore a Meribel baseball cap, occasionally the lifties in La Plagne would tell me to remove it if I wanted to get on 'their' lift Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You can get a 3V mask here https://www.les3vallees.com/en/guide/covid-19-peace-of-mind/3-vallees-mask-and-neck-warmer for €25 delivered to the UK. It's category 2 rather than the category 1 of the La Plagne one but I've no idea what the difference is.

Salomon also have some https://www.salomon.com/en-gb/shop-emea/men/accessories/masks.html
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is it me that think they look just like normal buffs?
ski holidays
Rob_Quads wrote:
Is it me that think they look just like normal buffs?
Isn't that the point?

I've bought a 3V one because the 3V lifties will obviously recognise it so it should eliminate any random type checks.

I guess some people may wear a typical blue medical facemask but with a buff over the top to stop it getting wet if it's snowing but it'll be a faff to prove you're wearing a certified mask every time in that scenario.
snow conditions
Raceplate wrote:
I've bought a 3V one because the 3V lifties will obviously recognise it so it should eliminate any random type checks.

It's category 2 rather than the category 1 of the La Plagne one but I've no idea what the difference is.

Apparently....

Quote:
FFP2 - An anti-virus mask (flu, avian flu, SARS-CoV, SARS-CoV-2), it filters at least 92% of airborne particles.

Quote:
According to AFNOR Spec S76-001, there are two categories of barrier mask:
UNS 1 / category 1: this filters at least 90% of 3-micron particles. The Haut conseil de santé publique (the French high public health council) recommends the wearing of his model of mask. Unlike a surgical mask, this mask has the advantage of being washable and reusable.
UNS 2 / category 2: this mask filters at least 70% of 3-micron particles

Similarly, I've got a la plagne one in the hope that it'll be instantly recognised by lifties, and avoid any confusion. I'd be tempted to get a 3V one for my VT trip for similar reasons, shame it's a cat2 not cat1 though. Although I notice from the images that it still has the official stamp on it (bit disappointed in the images displayed on the site as it's hard to get an idea of what they are really like).
latest report
Bloody hell, I assumed that as it was more expensive, Cat 2 was better! Embarassed
snow conditions
>Unlike a surgical mask, this mask has the advantage of being washable and reusable.
French research last year proved that the standard blue medical mask washes well for at least 10 times. And filtering improves after washing.
ski holidays
Raceplate wrote:
Bloody hell, I assumed that as it was more expensive, Cat 2 was better! Embarassed

To be fair, it's a logical conclusion - especially as FFP2 offers more protection than FFP1.
snow report
@Timc, did you order your mask as a stand alone order or with a pass?
Does the ordering process offer an option to have it delivered to the UK?It seems to be designed for buying a skipass.
Thanks
latest report
Just a trivial thicky question, I can demonstrate my double jabbed status with the NHS app and hard copy printout, but to enter France you also have to complete an "Engagement sur l'honneur" form. I've downloaded the English version of the French "Engagement sur L'honneur" form to declare that I've not had any of the listed Covid symptoms or been in contact with a confirmed case within the last 14 days but the second page where you sign has the phrase "Done in___________ on ___/___/2021" followed on the line below by signature. I just wasn't sure what you are supposed to enter immediately after "Done in" and before the date. Is it your signature or the day of the week when you complete the form? The French version says "Fait à ____________________, le ____ / ____ / 2021", so I rather think they're wanting the day of the week, with the signature on the following line?

snow report
Fait in the sense of made, so your guess on the day of the week on which you signed sounds right to me
ski holidays
Snowbikers wrote:

@Timc, did you order your mask as a stand alone order or with a pass?
Does the ordering process offer an option to have it delivered to the UK?It seems to be designed for buying a skipass.
Thanks

Ordered stand alone. I also thought it looked like it needed to be ordered with a pass but figured that it was worth a gamble so ordered it on it's own.

Process was
Add to cart
validate the cart
create an account complete with UK address
continue to pay
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, I think "Fait a" usually means the place name where are when you sign the document
latest report
Timc wrote:
@Alastair Pink, I think "Fait a" usually means the place name where are when you sign the document

Ah, that could well be the case. I was just rather confused by the "Done in" terminology. I'm sure several sHs must already have completed these forms, it would be interesting to know some of the variations that people have used, not that I expect in practice it makes any difference. Laughing
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, I normally do the city where the airport I’m flying from is, so “Fait à Bristol, le 12/11/2021” for today. You have to do it on French cheques and contracts too… I always wondered why.
latest report
Yup, "fait/faire" - "made" and geographically where signed.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Timc, @rjj501, @colinstone, thanks all for your help, geographical location it is then. Madeye-Smiley snowHead
snow conditions
Yes, it's the same in Swiss French and something I'd not come across until we had to sign legal documents and proxy voting forms for the owners' AGM: you usually say where you signed the document, as well as the date. It actually seems quite sensible once you get used to it, especially when there are multiple signatures signed at different times/places.

Also note that strictly speaking there are male and female versions of 'I, the undersigned ...' i.e. 'Je soussignée' (f) versus 'Je soussigné' (m) and this is why you may see the rubric with the second female 'e' in brackets i.e. 'Je soussigné(e)' The plural form is sexless, so to speak i.e. 'soussignés' - at least this is my understanding but I'm happy to be corrected by someone more fluent.

Being retired and with the time to spare, I actually do a grammatically correct male and female version of the immigration Déclaration for myself and my wife, rather than leave the male appellation on my wife's form. I like the idea of an official being handed a formal document with the error in French grammar being corrected by an English guy. But that's me.
snow report
@LaForet, this is brilliant.
ski holidays
@Timc,
Thanks for your reply, I bought a La Plagne pass a few years ago so already had an account with delivery address details but delivery wasn't mentioned in the purchase process. Hopefully it will arrive shortly, but as you say it isn't a huge gamble!
latest report
@LaForet, you, sir, are too clever by half. Mind you, I truly cannot believe that the French civil service missed out on creating two forms where one would suffice,
snow report
@Snowbikers,

I ordered and paid for 2 masks on 30/10/21 from la Plagne. Nothing has turned up so far. I thought it strange that there was no postage mentioned and that it seemed to be a lift pass system I was using but if nothing arrives l’ll just go to the office in Plagne Centre when we get there in January. Assuming Macron accepts that we’ve had the booster that is Shocked Shocked
snow report
Snowbikers, rdsweb, our La Plagne buffs arrived within a week. Hope yours arrive soon.
snow conditions
@Snowbikers, @Jonpim, just as I was beginning to give up hope mine arrived today Very Happy
ski holidays
In advance of our trip to Val Thorens on Sunday I have just downloaded our NHS apps, with proof of our double jabs (but booster jab excluded rolling eyes ).

I understand (from above) that the app will work in France (and we don't need to download the French version) but -

- Will the NHS app be recognised in Switzerland? Puzzled (We are flying into Geneva); and
- Will we require hard copies of our vaccination status, or will the QR codes on the phone suffice? Puzzled
snow conditions
Bergmeister wrote:

- Will the NHS app be recognised in Switzerland? Puzzled (We are flying into Geneva); and
- Will we require hard copies of our vaccination status, or will the QR codes on the phone suffice? Puzzled

NHS app is fine in Switzerland.

For airports, hard copies are much, much better. Phones slow everything down - for everyone.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy