Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Career in the SnowSports industry.

Poster: A snowHead
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum happy for you to move it @ admin

Job description
Shopify Plus Developer

Location of office is Ashley Cross, Poole BH14

Monday- Wednesday - Working in office

Thursday & Friday - Remote working

We’re looking for a truly outstanding Shopify Plus developer to take a leading role growing our exciting brand. You will have full control of the project working on only one website from the ground up.

Www.s2as.com we are a extreme sports store and the role will have great benefits around these sports.

We are looking for someone with a very good level of Javascript, Liquid and CSS experience. But we are also looking for a developer with a keen eye for design who is passionate about creating a seamless online experience for our website. You will be solely responsible for the success of the company's website within a very cool laid back surf industry so it would be advantageous to be involved in extreme sports like kitesurfing, wakeboarding and Snowboarding etc. you will project manage the build of the site from start to finish and all aspects of the role. After the build you will be responsible for the day to day maintenance and update of the site inc thinking outside the box to make the S2AS site the best in our industry. (It will be your baby)

Key responsibilities

Planning, develop and deliver our E-commerce, Shopify using industry best practices
Work collaboratively within the team to help with the understanding of the sports equipment we sell.
Using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, take concept ideas to development and implementation
Responsible for optimising site performance, UX and driving greater conversions
You will be in control for the website from start to finish.
Expectations (Negotiable)

2+ years experience with the Shopify platform
3+ years of front end development experience using Javascript, HTML5 & CSS3
Experience in website development, troubleshooting and bug fixing
Extensive knowledge of liquid templating engine
Knowledge of SEO
We can only accept applications from those who can prove their eligibility to work in the UK.

No agencies or publications please.

Job Type: Permanent

Salary: £25,000.00-£35,000.00 per year with options for bonus

Benefits:

Company events
Employee discount
Learn extreme sports
Flexible schedule
Work from home (50%)
UK's leading Surf shop so access to all our sports and equipment
Schedule:

Monday to Friday
Experience:

Shopify: 1 year (required)
Job Type: Full-time

Salary: £25,000.00-£35,000.00 per year

CONTACT ME ANGELO@S2AS.COM
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No offence but I think 35K for someone to be "solely responsible for the success of the company's website " is not a lot if you want someone really good.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I get that but that's the budget, We will get the best we can. It would be a very good move for someone who loves our industry and very stress-free working on just one site.
Hopefully, it will suit someone. Very Happy
Angelo
www.s2as.com
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You would be better spending your 35k on getting a small creative agency to look after the design and a shop assistant to update the stock levels etc.

Or drop the hours down to 2 days a week.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fantastic idea to post job links on here. I work in finance and would love to apply my skills to the winter sports industry. I hope this thread grows some legs.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ryunis wrote:
Fantastic idea to post job links on here. I work in finance and would love to apply my skills to the winter sports industry. I hope this thread grows some legs.

There used to be a dedicated website for snowsports related jobs. Natives or something?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes its useful but tends to be for the more seasonal jobs. Be good to see career posts shared on here.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
russ_e wrote:
You would be better spending your 35k on getting a small creative agency to look after the design and a shop assistant to update the stock levels etc.

Or drop the hours down to 2 days a week.

Agreed. And it has nothing to do with the fact I'm a 50% shareholder in an excellent small creative agency Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Seems like a good opportunity to someone who wants to live and work somewhere nice like that and in that sort of business area.

If you want more money, then obviously you'd probably work in financial stuff and hang out in the City. Duh.
A lot of people think there's a bit more to life. And don't read it too fast - it is someone building on Shopify.

Plus you're going to be rolling in staff discount no doubt wink Which reminds me, it's that time of year and Burton's
thing is running..
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ryunis wrote:
Yes its useful but tends to be for the more seasonal jobs. Be good to see career posts shared on here.

Full time jobs in the industry tend to go to those who have done seasons.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ryunis wrote:

Yes seems like a good idea, probably lots of people with good contacts and experience on here. Kind of like a snowheads professional and recruitment page - Snowed-In perhaps? wink snowHead

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Thu 4-11-21 16:44; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ryunis wrote:

Join the queue wink Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Ryunis, feel free to PM me for a chat about Finance options that let you live in ski resorts. I moved in 2014 and havent looked back.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Nadenoodlee, keen to hear any advice you might have...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yeah i get its not London money but its a very different lifestyle, We are by the coast and live and breathe watersports and Snowsports so yes you may be in an office but if the surfs up or the wind blows we can just nip out for a few hours on the water then make up the time at work later. So it may not be 50K+ wages but I can promise you life is way more important.
Also this job will involve testing and playing with all the new equipment one year before the public, We spend time away testing products before we invest in it. (cant do that in an office in London) Very Happy
Angelo (www.s2as.com)
snow report
@angelo23, looks like a really great job, with a fun group of people. For a sporty person, who wants to escape big-city life, this would be a dreamy job. Many folks are starting to re-jig their life priorities after COVID, and they are realising that money is just one factor amount many.

I'm sure you'll find some willing candidates. snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy