Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ATOL Renewals 21. Le Ski now have a valid ATOL 5 Nov 21.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Each year the CAA publishes 2 lists, one showing companies that no longer have an ATOL Licence and one showing those companies that have applied to renew that have not been granted for 1 Oct 21, this maybe because the CAA are still waiting for paperwork, but it means the Company should not be selling holidays with flights as a package unless they are acting as agents and this should be made clear in advertising etc. The pdf lists are available here:

https://www.caa.co.uk/ATOL-protection/Trade/Maintain-and-renew-your-ATOL/Companies-that-have-not-renewed-their-ATOL/

This does throw up some observations. I can't check every company and obviously there has been some rearranging of Corporate Structures, I will just highlight 3 scenarios:

For example a Skiworld Company is shown as not having applied to renew but they do have a valid ATOL number so absolutely no problems there.

Ski Miquels application was not settled for the due date but it now has been so that is fine.

Le Ski still does not have a valid ATOL (2130 hours 21 Oct 21). Their website mentions their ATOL number which may be renewed in the coming days, so check. I can't see any reference to them being agents on their website, unless it is buried on an obscure page.

As ever, it is a bit daunting but there is an ATOL checker so if one appears on a website just type in the number to check, and ask pointed questions before you book. The checker is here:

https://siteapps.caa.co.uk/check-an-atol/

Caveat Emptor snowHead!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 5-11-21 17:42; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Caveat Emptor snowHead!

Which brings on the next piece of advice "Always pay with a credit card"
followed by "If they won't take a credit card make sure your insurance will cover you"
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If they won't take credit card feck em off. There's enough travel businesses previously good or bad that have screwed over customers in Covid and a lot of phoenixing gone on. Don't let yourself be the next victim.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Given it is about 8 weeks from the start of the first peak week and folks will be settling their invoices I think its worth pointing out that Le Ski Limited has still not got a valid ATOL. Contrary to CAA guidance they are displaying the ATOL logo on their website and in the T and Vs they refer to licence number 2307 as providing you with protection.

Ask difficult questions!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Le Ski do appear to have a valid ABTOT membership which seems to cover holidays from the UK.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@tarrantd, That is true for accommodation only packages. But it does not cover packages with flights. From the ABTOT website:

By law, every UK travel company which sells travel including flights and flights only, is required to hold an ATOL, which stands for Air Travel Organiser’s Licence.

Now for small operators there is an ABTOT franchise for ATOL. But Le Ski are not part of this, they are still quoting their lapsed ATOL number (2307) This was due for renewal on 1 Oct 21. It may just be a case of dotting i's and crossing it's, I hope so. But I would expect a company with their experience to explain it on their website.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Le Ski's ATOL No 2307 was renewed today, 5 Nov 21.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@chocksaway,
Quote:

Le Ski's ATOL No 2307 was renewed today, 5 Nov 21.

Good Yorkshire Lads...... hanging on to their pennies as long as they could ££££'s wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy