Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

mayhrofen - wind/lift closure

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
One of the options for next year is mayhrofen

My old work colleague went a few years back and the main lift or mountain was shut due to high winds for 1 or 2 days
Is this a regular occurrence or was he just unlucky
Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Always a risk in any resort. But with the Valley Pass you can always ski somewhere, even if you have to hop on the (free) train to Kaltenbach.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can happen anywhere. I've had lift closed in Saalbach Hinterglemm due to wind in the past.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
wasley wrote:

My old work colleague went a few years back and the main lift or mountain was shut due to high winds for 1 or 2 days
Thanks
Unlucky I think. One of the two main lifts out of town, the Penkenbahn, is a tri-cable system, which is a bit more wind resistant than a single cable system. Also, Mayrhofen itself is not particularly high so is not more prone to high wind than other places. As others have said, lift closure because of very high winds can happen anywhere, and Mayrhofen is not especially prone to this.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar wrote:
wasley wrote:

Thanks
Unlucky I think. One of the two main lifts out of town, the Penkenbahn, is a tri-cable system, which is a bit more wind resistant than a single cable system. Also, Mayrhofen itself is not particularly high so is not more prone to high wind than other places. As others have said, lift closure because of very high winds can happen anywhere, and Mayrhofen is not especially prone to this.

I've been to Cervinia a couple of times which is prone to high winds / closures so just checking Mayhrofen wasnt the same . Every resort ive been to has had 1 or 2 lifts close due to winds but not the whole area like Cervinia.
I'll leave Mayhrofen on the List
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mayrhofen isn't generally windy. Much less so than Cervinia.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
total non - event.....ive skied in Mayrhofen at least once a season for the last 10 years, even before the "new" 3s penkenbhan and i've only known the old lift to close once because of wind.

with the new modern lifts, if its strong enough to close the lift then its not conditions you want to be out in!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy