Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French visa application

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone else currently in the process of applying for a French visa to work a season?

I’ve got a job offer (chalet) and my employer has applied for the work permit which we are waiting to get approval back on (fingers crossed), we’ve then been told it should be a long stay (>90 days) temporary worker visa I need. That seems to match the description here:
https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en/web/france-visas/salaried-employment

Next step for me is to then apply for my side of the visa at France-visas.gouv.fr, the problem is that when I go through the visa wizard to find the right type of visa and start the application process none of them match the description I need so am completely confused right now what to send the application for. I spoke to TLS who are the outsourced company that deal with the visa application and they were completely useless, they just kept repeating that they couldn’t advise me what visa to apply for and when I tried to get more information about what the descriptions mean they just couldn’t give anything.

Has anybody done this already and has any advice? I think it might be I need to select ‘Business’ under your plans and then ‘Recruitment or posting workers’ under main purpose of stay but this doesn’t sound quite right… Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Jenmac, try getting hold of SBIT* as they are very much in the know when it comes to these issues for Seasonal workers.

http://sbit.org.uk/

Please let us know how you get on.

*SBIT (Seasonal Businesses in Travel) is a unique and diverse group of over 200 outbound British travel and service companies operating throughout the summer and winter holiday seasons. Most are SMEs and all are British businesses.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes you have found the correct option: "Recruitment or posting workers"
If the chalet company is legally a French company then it is recruitment. If the chalet company is a UK company then you are a posted worker.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Jenmac, As you have realised TLS are the company that deal with various French visa applications along with many other countries and they can’t offer advice. They just process the application and forward to the Embassy.

We had our long stay visa appointment with TLS Edinburgh today and have been advised the turnaround is currently minimum 15 days if in London plus 3 days either side if in Edinburgh or Manchester.
So for us at least 21 days.

I don’t know your expected start date but I’d advise getting an appointment with TLS asap.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the replies.

@muppet thanks for the heads up on the current lead times (is it working days?), all the general info is a bit vague! How long did it take you to get the appointment with TLS? I think I can’t submit the application and get an appointment until the work permit is approved, hoping that comes through in the next couple of days
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Jenmac, The lead time was total days.
The earliest appointment when we booked was 10 days ahead in Edinburgh.
London and Manchester may be different. When looking at the appointment calendar scroll up/down, initially it only shows morning appointments but they close between 1230 and 1500 so unless you scroll you miss the afternoon and evening slots.
Talking with the staff in Edinburgh today it seemed as long as you had an appointment slot it didn’t matter what type of French visa you were applying for. Initially we were told a 10/14 day turnaround but a colleague overheard and said long stays were taking much longer currently.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy