Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and The Espace Killy (Or Tignes/Val D'Isere) 2021/2022. (Useful links updated on Page 1)

Poster: A snowHead
@ldudley, I think it's unlikely to be full, more likely any online booking blocked out as i think they ask for 3 days notice. The Lavachet parking is limited and sought after, so I would go to Lac 3 parking, left hand corner of the bus station as you enter the main part of the resort up the main road. If it will let you in, go in and then go direct to the parking office in the Maison de Tignes, ground floor of the building above the car park and ask for a week's ticket. You can then go down to Lavachet and unload or transfer down by bus. You need the bus stop at the snow level not the one in the bus station (unless you want a free bus tour via Val Claret).
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks bobski62 and chocksaway for the ideas, We will try Lac 3 parking and if that's no good we'll go down to Les Brevieres.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@chocksaway,

With your local knowledge do you know what went wrong with the Grand Huit lift this afternoon?

I have been skiing for over forty five years and I think this is the longest I have ever been stuck. Luckily I put on an extra layer at lunchtime and I was also low down when it happened. I could hear skidoos coming and going. Eventually an engineer climbed up, I think it was pylon four, then spent some time doing something with the middle power supply cable.

Nobody timed it but it seemed like more than half an hour.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
where would one buy seasoned logs from for fire of staying in Tignes?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@richjp, Sorry, no idea. They never really advertise these things. If I was in Tignes, I do have pub based contacts who work on the lifts, but I'm in Yorkshire...

@Mother hucker, Just inside the door of the Spar in Lac, behind the tills normally.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I'd highly recommend this taxi company based in Tignes. Yes based in 1800 I think, speaks brilliant English and came down to fetch us from Bourg on Saturday night when other companies were refusing. It cost about 90euros. It was a people carrier with plenty of room for luggage.

NK TAXI & TRANSFERT
Tignes 1800 +33 6 87 50 11 94
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A taxi in Tignes ! Thats a novel idea !!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chocksaway wrote:

@Mother hucker, Just inside the door of the Spar in Lac, behind the tills normally.

will I need to remortgage for them? anywhere down the valley cheaper?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
richjp wrote:
@chocksaway,

With your local knowledge do you know what went wrong with the Grand Huit lift this afternoon?

I have been skiing for over forty five years and I think this is the longest I have ever been stuck. Luckily I put on an extra layer at lunchtime and I was also low down when it happened. I could hear skidoos coming and going. Eventually an engineer climbed up, I think it was pylon four, then spent some time doing something with the middle power supply cable.

Nobody timed it but it seemed like more than half an hour.

And the new Replat drag to bypass it isn't in action yet. I arrived a while after it stopped when the liftie was waving people away.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Mother hucker, Probably! I have seen them in super U, not in Lidl.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Mother hucker, What quantity of logs are you looking for ?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@muppet, enough for a month of burning
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just a short update from the Met Office, not because I am slacking but the synoptic chart is dominated by high pressure over the next 5 days. This will slowly move north giving a little more breeze towards the weekend. But essentially till Sunday it will be blue skies and sunshine with the odd cloud flitting around the mountain tops. This week will be mild for December, it will settle the snow off piste a little but nothing dramatic. The outlook remains settled and sunny but cooling down for Christmas week. Enjoy!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes, the suncream is definitely in use this week. I still haven't been asked for proof of vaccination when getting on a lift, but regularly in bars/restaurants. Some are more vigilant than others.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Tigski, Heard from a friend in Tignes that were doing checks at about 10-30am at Palafour on Monday morning. But haven't heard any other mention of it since.
snow conditions
Does anyone know if there is still any free parking in val these days, just a couple of hours..... I’m thinking of bringing the kids over from Tignes for a go on he val nursery slopes tomorrow..... I seem to remember there used to be some up towards the Manchet valley

Cheers
ski holidays
More lifts tomorrow:
Fresse
Paquis
Aiguille Percee
Almes
snow conditions
Hi, do you have any idea if they will open la sache piste tomorrow? Cheers
ski holidays
@ldudley, Doesn't look like it. Check here in the morning, you never know!

https://bulletin.lumiplan.pro/bulletin.php?station=tignes&region=alpes&pays=france&lang=fr
snow report
Got 24 hour pass Sanitaire from the central pharmacy in BSM this evening for our 2 teenagers. €25 and they did it even though we hadn’t booked

We pick up the vaccination PS from Pharmacy Solaise tomorrow as it will be 1 week from their 2nd vaccination. The pharmacy was happy to use screenshots of GP records from the linked profiles on my NHS app. Happy days!
latest report
1st day today on snow since Feb 2020, super conditions on piste with my daughters on the gentle blues. They're in ski school tomorrow so I can get after some. The West facing sun crust don't look to appetising though
snow conditions
Well, its probably time for a weather update to look for some hope as it looks absolutely miserable today and yes it is pouring with rain in Bourg. I think the startling thing for the next few days are the temperatures. France is also getting the unseasonably mild weather that is expected across the UK by later today. The storms will continue until tomorrow evening and then a weak sector of high pressure will develop which will give some nice weather towards the new year, so there will be some enjoyable skiing once the quick setting cement that will fall tomorrow has been bashed into place. Powder will be in short supply apart from the highest peaks.

The high winds and snow/sleet will continue throughout the day today, the snowline will move up the hill before moving back dow again in the late afternoon, so it will be a case of braving the wind on high or the damp below. There may well be a sweet band about 3 or 400m deep where it is snow but you are not blown away! Tomorrow will be warmer and still stormy, the snow line may well be above the main villages for a bit and the avalanche risk will be increasing with the amount of snow, wind and high temperatures, its not good news for tomorrow. The temperatures on Thursday will be positive to well above the villages, but it will have stopped precipitating and the cloud will progressively clear during the day, the sun should make an appearance in the afternoon, there will be good piste skiing, off piste will be a struggle I imagine, and will need a lot of care. Friday will be very much like a spring day in March, except it will get dark a bit earlier(!). It should be unbroken sunshine and glorious on the terraces with little wind, the air temperature may well still be positive for 'the bells'. Saturday will be very similar and a couple of degrees warmer, almost bikini weather! After that it does start to cool down a bit with a chance of light snow on Sunday evening as the villages enter what will be quite a low season.....
snow report
Ventured out this morning after snow-clearing duties and it was what @chocksaway says. Heavy clag, poor viz and bodies everywhere. Down to Les Boisses was the best skiing until the blue piste was closed (rain causing the slushy snow to slough off the cliffs). All the world therefore was on the red. Sadly La Daille gondola is still out of action following an electrical fire so laps on that not possible, and Tignes App warned that links were to close anyway. Opted to retire to the apartment for soup and crisps, beer to follow...
snow conditions
I was out today and yes poor viz snow felt heavy and slabby where the wind had blwn it in. Was nice in the trees around La Daille. Drama trying to lap there though catching the funicular up. Does anyone know the snow line? Its not stopped snowing up in Le Lac so hoping for some deep tree skiing tomorrow if its not been raining below here
snow report
@Mother hucker, Probably best to pop to the Val thread and ask Steve Angus to pop his head out onto the balcony...
latest report
It's been snowing / still is here in La Daille. Did and instagram live on the balcony this pm.... Can see it there
snow conditions
This morning's wet snow turned to sleet by mid-morning, even at 2100m, but this evening's snow has been heavier and drier. Not sure how long that will remain the case going into tomorrow.
snow conditions
Lots of snow overnight but due to rain this morning.
Doesn't sound very inspiring rolling eyes
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks like it's still snow on the le lac webcam...........

I'm looking at some last minute deals, one for the 8th is a maybe. What's the likely effect of this warm spell. Melting sure, then refreeze so the pistes will be hard. The offpiste will have a melt/refreeze layer, but if it snows as the temp drops will that form a key for the next layer, or will there be a really weak layer for the rest of the season?

I snowboard, and dabble offpiste when it's relatively safe so slick hard pistes and rubbish off would not be ideal. Any thoughts as to the future? (all a bit crystal ball I know).
ski holidays
@rogg, Difficult to say without being there, but it's going to be a complex snowpack.

But one things for sure, if those cars parked on Rue de La Poste, with 2 ft of wet snow on the roofs (and surrounded by more) dont clear it soon and before it freezes hard its going to be a long old Saturday morning!
snow report
@rogg,
Henry's Avalanche Talk?
snow report
That was heavy today. knee deep thick stodge in complete flat light. Still snowing wet heavy snow in le lac.
snow report
chocksaway wrote:

But one things for sure, if those cars parked on Rue de La Poste, with 2 ft of wet snow on the roofs (and surrounded by more) dont clear it soon and before it freezes hard its going to be a long old Saturday morning!

Car roofs bent inwards?
ski holidays
Mother hucker wrote:
That was heavy today. knee deep thick stodge in complete flat light. Still snowing wet heavy snow in le lac.

Or 'White rain' as it is also known! Laughing
latest report
Just seen that you can get vaxed in the Folie tomorrow from 9 to 17.
The joke about being full of pr***** as usual has been cracked!
Must be first time a legal drug has been taken there Laughing
ski holidays
chocksaway wrote:
Just seen that you can get vaxed in the Folie tomorrow from 9 to 17.
The joke about being full of pr***** as usual has been cracked!
Must be first time a legal drug has been taken there Laughing

Are they charging outrageous prices for low quality, as per their business plan for everything else on offer there?
And a new wheedle to try & get on Tommuses chair after 16.30 - 'My vaccination appointment was at five'.
snow conditions
[quote="Kenzie"]
chocksaway wrote:

Are they charging outrageous prices for low quality, as per their business plan for everything else on offer there?

Used to love parents faces when we said lunch for all day. Kids would be at the Folie!
They offer a great soft drink, main course and desert for 13 euros deal Very Happy cheaper than just buying a bowl of spag bol!
latest report
Kenzie wrote:
Mother hucker wrote:

Or 'White rain' as it is also known! Laughing

white pain
ski holidays
Can anyone let me know how busy it is / will be next week? Due to arrive tomorrow and don’t want to spend another 10 hours stuck in the valley (a la 2017)… should I be looking at an early dash up from GVA?
snow conditions
The resort expects Sat and Sun to be equally busy owing to many folk moving their travel day because of how Christmas and new year fall. Today 34,000 cars heading down the valley from Tignes-Val d'Isere and 11,000 coming up. So expect the same Sunday. That's probably enough to trigger Operation Escargot which begins 10am and uses traffic lights on the dual carriageways to 'manage' traffic flows within the valleys.

In summary, earlier the better to make your journey up.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy