Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes and The Espace Killy (Or Tignes/Val D'Isere) 2021/2022. (Useful links updated on Page 1)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thanks @rjs, and @Kenzie for the links and info. I think the earlier posts about public opening remain valid - nothing here is suggesting any public pre-season skiing ahead of the current expectation of late November. Access is being provided to race-training lanes to bone-fide national, regional and club teams using farmed snow being dropped on to a suitable area at 2,800m. To get this access you will need to apply on headed notepaper from your team/club, pay for your specific lane and you will need to have a suitably accredited coach running the training. And none of this will be on the upper glacier, which is confirmed as remaining closed for the autumn owing to the summer heat wave.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@bobski62, My point was more that they will have staff that could run lifts if there was a big snowfall.

The link from Kenzie is for the normal glacier training lanes, I don't think it applies to the farmed snow area.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This is going to sound like a daft question.............

I have always just put my old passes in the box once done with them.

The lift pass I got this year is still in my arm pocket, it says something about recharging it, to save on waste..........which is maybe why I still kept it.

Presumably this can be done online, but I assume if you need to buy the carre neige insurance you still need to attend the Maison de Tignes?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@GreenDay, Yes and I think so. You can add Carré neige online as an extra, but as they are not selling tickets yet I can't go to checkout to see if you can just enter the long number on your retained card (which at a guess will prompt the opening of an account and yet another password!)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have now started the 22/23 Thread so please don't post here to avoid duplication of effort!,

If a moderating hamster is on the wheel, could you lock this perhaps?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks @rjs, here's hoping both for snow and for staff! The recent sprinkling hasn't done any harm and though it's early days, it is looking rather nice when you get a glimse of Grande Motte on the webcam through the fog. On Toviere it's been lashing with rain since 6th Sept (they really need to fix that!) but Bellevarde gives a nice impression and Grattalu / Snow Park shows it for what it is.

Most years, @GreenDay, @chocksaway, it's worked for me like you suggest. Last winter though, the system insisted on me taking out a new pass and wouldn't allow me to re-use my old (pre Covid) card. For Carte Neige most years I've either bought this separately in the Maison de Tignes or on line through the FFS website. Last year I just ticked the box when buying my pass and the proof that I has it (should I have an incident) was the second of two receipts (justificatif) I got when collecting my pass from the STGM office at the funicular.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thread locked as requested.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy