Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pyrenees 21/22

Poster: A snowHead
We had our first snow on the tops in Andorra last week that lasted about a day. We’re now on a cycle of cool evenings/mornings but warm day times. This will be my first winter living in the mountains and I can’t wait!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds promising @hammerite, I'm out for 11 weeks from the start of December, fingers crossed for snow....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thinking of a cheeky family trip at Easter. I think a handful resorts will be open for the first week.

My thinking is with young family snow quality doesn't really matter and warm conditions actually better for them. Worse case scenario we could also spend a few days doing standard tourism around the Pyrenees which I imagine will be nice.

Can anyone suggest a well equipped hotel for families very close to the lifts? I remember looking at a place in Soldeu last year which looked good.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Sport Village in Soldeu is very nice to stay in. Close to the lift, spa, child care etc.
Worth looking at. I think the lifts are open until 18th of April
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Watching Smile. Elder daughter has mocks in Jan, wondering if we can sneak 5 days away just before Christmas. Tough though as I expect accommodation will be pricey if we don’t book in the next week or two. Is Andorra usually the earliest for snow, or do resorts like Baqueira and Formigal also feature for snow sure?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
8611 wrote:
Thinking of a cheeky family trip at Easter. I think a handful resorts will be open for the first week.

My thinking is with young family snow quality doesn't really matter and warm conditions actually better for them. Worse case scenario we could also spend a few days doing standard tourism around the Pyrenees which I imagine will be nice.

Can anyone suggest a well equipped hotel for families very close to the lifts? I remember looking at a place in Soldeu last year which looked good.

Our Easter hols out here don’t start until 11th April, which is annoying! Any Brits heading out will have it relatively quiet I think.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Orange200 wrote:
Watching Smile. Elder daughter has mocks in Jan, wondering if we can sneak 5 days away just before Christmas. Tough though as I expect accommodation will be pricey if we don’t book in the next week or two. Is Andorra usually the earliest for snow, or do resorts like Baqueira and Formigal also feature for snow sure?

Grandvalira opening on 3rd December. No guarantee what that’ll mean for actual amount skiable.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The temperatures are starting to slip now. It’s been a lovely October though. Until the last week it’s been in the 20s in the middle of the day. It’s not even rained for four weeks.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fingers crossed for some precipitation, I hope to be skiing on the 4th of December...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@pieman666, me too, but if it’s cold enough I’d happily take advantage of any man made!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Welcome to the coming season......Looking forward to being able to use ski lifts again.

I've managed to get on to some snow already, but on foot rather than on skis.

a76f50f1-40ae-4571-beeb-e7e1239f2a71

Climbing the Pic du Aneto the highest peak in the Pyrenees.

8657e068-e21b-4458-a620-78479a7919a3

Plan to go back in the winter with skis and ski down.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@mortonia, nice!

First rain for the best part of four weeks in these parts yesterday. A little bit of snow forecast this week.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@mortonia, looks great. What time of year was that?
Good to hear the rain has started@hammerite....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@pieman666, Last week. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Excellent @mortonia, great to see some snow already. At what height was the snow line?
latest report
It's a glacier so it's there all year round. It's at about 2800m.
ski holidays
I don't know there was a glacier in the Pyrenees. You learn something every day.
snow report
Yep - there's a few.

IMG-7079

Getting smaller every year.

IMG-7074
ski holidays
Sad
ski holidays
Both Vallnord and Grandvalira webcams are showing a sprinkling of snow. I’ve not been out yet to see how low the snow line is. I went up to Pas de la Casa yesterday and it was starting to get cold. No snow cannons running yet even though up above 2,000m it’s not forecast to go above freezing all week.
latest report
https://www.grandvalira.com/en/live-webcams-grandvalira
latest report
Looks like a very light sprinkling down to about 1700m around these parts.
latest report
White on the tops from Soldeu webcam, and there and Pas are starting to look quite white on the ground Smile
ski holidays
Some decent snow today in the Pyrenees!
ski holidays
Great news @mrvinegar
snow report
Porte-Puymorens, the smallish ski area on the main road from 66 towards Pas de la Casa
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3042101206045226
ski holidays
@Onnem, Great news. We are only 2 hours drive from there in our motorhome and I have my board and kit in the garage (just in case). Only trouble is that my wife considers this trip as a sunny "beach oriented" trip; I think I need to keep my powder dry for a few days and encourage her shopping habit. Very Happy
snow report
@BoardieK

Maybe tax-free shopping in Andorra city while you're boarding could convince your better half?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Afternoon all,

Cautiously looking forward to our first trip to Andorra in March. Staying in Soldeu currently 5 nights but may extend to 7. Can't wait to cruise around the Grandvalira and may throw in a day at Arinsal as well!
snow conditions
Booked El Tarter for 5 days starting 17 December Smile
snow report
Anyone have any experience of what the snow is like in Baqueira Beret in mid March? Planning a long weekend there with my brother.
snow report
I'm looking at early - mid April so did a few searches online. As with any snow conditions, its a matter of luck. You'll find videos online of people skiing a winter wonderland in the Pyrennees in April, but I think its fair to say that they are known as a mountain range that probably gets warmer a little quicker than others.

There will definitely be snow and the resorts will (subject to COVID) definitely be open. Spring I would think would be a good time for avoiding COVID closures.

After that the quality of the snow is anyone's guess, but that's the same everywhere at that time of year. Leaving aside luck, its only in the glacier resorts that you will will get better snow conditions at that time, and even then when I'm in those kind of resorts I don't tend to spend a huge amount of time on the glaciers.

I've skied in rain and 19 degrees at resort level in January. And I've skied fresh powder in April. There's no predicting it unless you're willing to hold out and book last minute, which I am and quite enjoy, but it isn't everyone's cup of tea. So book if you feel the need to book in advance. Skiing is always fun.
snow conditions
Orange200 wrote:

I'm in Soldeu then, drop me a pm if you want to meet up. No problems if you don't want to I won't be offended
snow report
Timmycb5 wrote:
Anyone have any experience of what the snow is like in Baqueira Beret in mid March? Planning a long weekend there with my brother.

The first few weeks of March are often epic for snow in the Pyrenees !
latest report
Timmycb5 wrote:

The first few weeks of March are often epic for snow in the Pyrenees !
latest report
pieman666 wrote:
Orange200 wrote:

I'm in Soldeu then, drop me a pm if you want to meet up. No problems if you don't want to I won't be offended

Cool, let’s try! Eh oh!
ski holidays
Looking good today - an overnight dump and the snow cannons on full blast have made things look a bit more wintery in Arinsal.
Seems there's more to come and some col-cold temps for the rest of the week.... hopefully the start of a good run-in to Xmas

latest report
Orange200 wrote:
Cool, let’s try! Eh oh!

Excellent, my course runs until the 17th so I should be available from the 18th.

Great to see some snow there already Smile
snow report
Anyone know how it looks in Pas? Had a snow alert last night
latest report

Looking good to me, just taken from the webcam
https://www.grandvalira.com/en/live-webcams-grandvalira
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy