Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

last minute deals - a thing of the past?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well ... I'm gussing the general answer will be yes?
But .... Im asking specifically for a couple only - avoiding all holiday / busy weeks - catered chalets only - choice of driving or flying.
Thoughts??
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Could go either way IMO. A lot of chalet company's have gone and tour operators have reduced their
offerings which could reduce the number of beds needing filling last minute. Equally covid might reduce the number of people booking so having the opposite effect. That could also increase the numbers waiting to see how travel/covid progresses, so effecting the demand for late bookings either way.
Only time will tell I think.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Last minute deals exist when there is too much stock for the demand and it can't be sold at full price. We've seen pent up demand and lack of supply across lots of things this year - electronics, cars, building supplies, skilled and unskilled labour. I'd expect to see the same in the holiday market, if the conditions are such that many people want to take a holiday (i.e. covid restrictions do not cause too much inconvenience and people are not scared of travelling). If those conditions aren't met then you probably don't want the last minute deal anyway...

I'm already booked on a snowheads bash. The pre-season bash has already sold all the normal availability.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For the coming season, I think not.
There is going to be less flights for example.
You can check schedules & see they have been cut back.
Supply and demand, may actually see the opposite.
I still think at somepoint we will see a global shortage of pilots as schedules increase.
The number of pilots who have left the industry for a variety of reasons (career, death, retirement) will outweigh the number compared to those getting qualified. I guess only people who will continue the training are those who had already started or close to finishing pre-covid.
The way pilots usually have to self fund - and with less job prospects at the end of it, may put a number of potential pilots off.

If you are driving & not fussy about resorts, or you are flexible in airport departure, then you will have a better chance.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The ski holiday demand is much higher during Xmas, NY and Feb holidays than the other weeks while hotels, apartments, rental chalets still want guests for the quiet weeks. So if you go 2nd week of Jan for example assume there will be some good deals around.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mr.Egg wrote:

I still think at somepoint we will see a global shortage of pilots as schedules increase.
The number of pilots who have left the industry for a variety of reasons (career, death, retirement) will outweigh the number compared to those getting qualified. I guess only people who will continue the training are those who had already started or close to finishing pre-covid.
The way pilots usually have to self fund - and with less job prospects at the end of it, may put a number of potential pilots off.

This is an interesting point. MrEgg, are you a Ppruner? If yes, you will be aware that every year the hopefuls, "Have heard there's going to be a shortage...' It never happens.

There is a massive pool of low time and 'frozen'* ATPLS out there. Airlines could bring them on line at reasonably short notice.

*No such thing really, jargon for all the learning's done but the x hours in command (1500?) need to be met to 'unfreeze' it.

Probably for another thread.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We wont know till the "Last Minute"
probably 2nd week Jan.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well it will certainly be interesting to see how this pans out.
Do like to see how conditions are in January before booking.
Driving would be the preferred choice - and in a EV - just to add to the fun!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Back in the day when I did last minutes it did vary a bit. There was one season where driving to Bristol to fly from Milton Keynes was discussed. But something always turned up. This was always low season though.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just booked 4 nights short break departing Jan4th in Les deux alpes with Inghams. £918 half board in top hotel in town with pool and a Michelin starred restaurant. Could not resist. Short break deals finish tomorrow night. Lots of them all over the place.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A should have said the price is for 2 people!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@twoodwar, fair play that is a bargain. Whilst I don’t want to expedite the day my kids leave home, I am looking forward to taking advantage of things like that!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Timmycb5, yes just need to tell my eldest daughter that she needs to look after my grandson for two days that week Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Oh, I don’t work for Inghams, but these deals are good and finish tonight
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy