Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pyrenees 21/22

Poster: A snowHead
Yes cold temps and snow forecast this weekend!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Winter giving us a last blast after ice, slush and sand !!!

Screenshot-2022-03-29-at-17-52-18
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice dump on Saturday/Sunday would be great! First day on the slopes for me is Monday!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Started snowing heavily late this afternoon (it was biblical rain where I live but not up in the mountains). Much the same forecast for the next few days with a real heavy dump on Friday night. As it’s going to be so cold, the forecast is for it to be proper powder too rather than the damper stuff.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hammerite wrote:
Started snowing heavily late this afternoon (it was biblical rain where I live but not up in the mountains). Much the same forecast for the next few days with a real heavy dump on Friday night. As it’s going to be so cold, the forecast is for it to be proper powder too rather than the damper stuff.

Thank you. Was just reading the same on Facebook. Think we maybe chatting on the same post. If so, I’m Dave le Rave… my cats name I hasten to add!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Boofont, yes it’s me!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
https://www.govern.ad/noticies-coronavirus/item/14072-salut-aixeca-l-obligatorietat-de-la-mascareta-en-interiors-a-excepcio-de-l-hospital-centres-sociosanitaris-i-cases-pairals

No masks needed indoors any more. It also says that there is no requirement to ask for a test for nightlife which I assume means that there’s no need for covid passports - although I’ve not been asked for one anywhere for a few weeks anyway.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hammerite wrote:
https://www.govern.ad/noticies-coronavirus/item/14072-salut-aixeca-l-obligatorietat-de-la-mascareta-en-interiors-a-excepcio-de-l-hospital-centres-sociosanitaris-i-cases-pairals

No masks needed indoors any more. It also says that there is no requirement to ask for a test for nightlife which I assume means that there’s no need for covid passports - although I’ve not been asked for one anywhere for a few weeks anyway.

Thanks for that update also Hammerite. Guess there will be different views on this but as someone who is fully jabbed I am happy to ditch the mask and take my chances. I miss seeing people smile! Reading this article issued Monday 28th, it says from “this Tuesday”? So I guess that’s yesterday? What good timing. Is seems the snow I booked is happening, and now this.

I understand masks have not been needed on chairs for a while, only gondolas? Bit annoyed about that as I made a nice modification to my helmet with small tabs of Velcro added, and then some reusable Velcro tabs to go round the ear elastic on a mask. Was easy to fit just for the lifts. Thankfully, now not needed but I was rather proud of my “invention”! Lol.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
[quote="Boofont"]
hammerite wrote:
Bit annoyed about that as I made a nice modification to my helmet with small tabs of Velcro added, and then some reusable Velcro tabs to go round the ear elastic on a mask. Was easy to fit just for the lifts. Thankfully, now not needed but I was rather proud of my “invention”! Lol.

Patent it now in time for next Winter's surge
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Webcam is showing new snow in Grandvalira, but not clear how much.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Orange200 wrote:
Webcam is showing new snow in Grandvalira, but not clear how much.

Grandvalira Saying 13cm has fallen. Looks like more forecasted over next few days.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There was a decent dump on Friday night. Went out for a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon it was too windy in the morning and most lifts didn’t open all day. Yesterday was absolutely brilliant though - probably the best conditions of the season.

Forecast for the rest of the week is for it to get pretty mild though.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
In Pas right now and can conform the conditions are sublime. Snow is great, cotton soft. Wasn’t too warm yesterday either. Another blue sky today.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
That’s me done for the season now. I’m back in the UK for the next week. Conditions haven’t been brilliant for the past few days. Annoyingly, the season in Andorra properly finishes on Monday and fresh snow is forecast on Tuesday!

Might have to invest in a touring set up.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@hammerite, thanks for the updates this season and your help during my visit, hope to be back to Pyrenees again with the kids
latest report
@hammerite

I'll 2nd @8611. Thanks very much for the input, very welcomed. And it was great to meet for a cracking ski and insight to Andorra. Best of luck for the summer and maybe see you next year! Very Happy
snow conditions
@8611, @Boofont, thank you! Happy to have helped in any way I could.

@Boofont, good to get to ski together too!
snow report
Seems I got it wrong, or they decided to stay open an extra week. Arcalís is open until Sunday. I’ll definitely squeeze another day out of the season, maybe two. Fresh snow falling as I write this.

An option for those thinking of travelling next season, flying in and out of Perpignan. It took the same amount of time to drive as it does from Barcelona, but it only took 9 minutes from the plane landing to me sitting in my car! The only potential problem with the drive in winter would be the conditions - the Col de la Perche could be a pretty taxing drive in poor conditions. I don’t think there’s the option of a bus either so it would mean hiring a car. Carcasonne airport is a similar distance too.
latest report
Fresh snow today and pretty cold - only one chairlift open at Arcalís but still a good few hours skiing. The absolute last day of the season tomorrow. Should be a good one!
latest report
We had some snow on Tuesday night. After a month of sunshine and temps building to 35C at the weekend.

Now all sunny and getting warm again.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy