Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SALE: OKTOBERTEST 2021 DEMO SKI SELL-OFF

Poster: A snowHead
A good proportion of the demo skis from the recent OktoberTests are now being sold off and, as previously, the brands have kindly given snowHeads a couple of weeks advance notice before they’re offered to their dealers so if you’re interested you’ll need to get a wiggle on.

The skis will be available when the trade reps have finished their dealer visits/training which in reality means from the end of October until the end of November depending upon the brand. Only the skis that are sold will come to my shop so it's not possible to view them. If any of the skis are available immediately I'll list them as such.

Prices are based upon collection from my Nottingham store with UK shipping at an additional £30 if required (excs Highlands, Islands & remote areas). The prices are typically 30-35% off list price for skis that in many cases haven’t even arrived in the shops yet. They are offered as ‘bought as seen’ if you came to the ski test. Some have been skied for a few days and many hardly at all. They have travelled around in the back of the trade reps’ vans/cars so are likely to have a few cosmetic marks etc. And if you want them servicing then an edge’n’wax is an additional £25.

Payment is required in full with your order by either debit card, VISA/MasterCard credit cards or bank transfer only. Every year I’ll get a buyer coming back to me whining that “my spouse/bf/gf won’t let me buy them” or “I’ve bought the wrong model/length” or “they don’t match my boots” etc. So be a grown up, do your homework and get your purchasing permissions in place before committing! Feel free to PM/email/phone me for info if you need it before you commit as there’s no exchanges/refunds etc. Buyers will of course receive full warranty support.

If you wish to buy then PM me in the first instance as if there's more than one buyer chasing the same ski they'll be allocated by PM date/time on a first come basis.

DYNASTAR
Before anyone asks non of the race ski demo's are available, ie the WC SL/GS or the Master SL/GS etc.

Ex-demo's:

21/22 Speed 763, 174cm c/w Konect SPX12 GW Test bindings – List £595. Sale £390
21/22 Speed 4x4 763, 174cm c/w Konect SPX12 GW Test bindings – List £595. Sale £390 SOLD
21/22 M-Free 99 Open, 185cm c/w Konect SPX12 GW Test bindings - List £570. Sale £360
20/21 M-Pro 99, 186cm c/w Konect SPX12 GW Test bindings - List £685. Sale £415
20/21 M-Pro 99, 178cm c/w Konect SPX12 GW Test bindings - List £685. Sale £415
20/21 M-Pro 90, 178cm c/w Konect SPX12 GW Test bindings - List £595. Sale £360.00 SOLD
20/21 M-Pro 90 W, 162cm c/w Konect SPX12 GW Test bindings - List £595. Sale £360.00

The following are brand new 21/22 sample skis, in the flat without bindings. I’d be happy to put together suitable ski plus alpine/touring binding packages etc.

M-Free 118, 189cm – List £630. Sale £380 SOLD
M-Free 108, 182cm – List £540. Sale £330 SOLD
M-Pro 99, 178cm - List £540. Sale £330 SOLD
M-Pro 99, 170cm - List £540. Sale £330 SOLD
M-Pro 99 W, 178cm - List £540. Sale £330 SOLD
M-Pro 99 W, 170cm - List £540. Sale £330 SOLD
M-Pro 90, 178cm - List £540. Sale £330 SOLD
M-Pro 90, 170cm - List £540. Sale £330 SOLD
M-Pro 90 W, 170cm - List £540. Sale £330 SOLD
M-Pro 90 W, 162cm - List £540. Sale £330 SOLD
M-Pro 90 W, 162cm - List £540. Sale £330 (yes, there’s two of ‘em) SOLD
M-Pro 84, 184cm - List £540. Sale £330 SOLD
M-Pro 84, 177cm - List £540. Sale £330 SOLD
M-Pro 84, 177cm - List £540. Sale £330 (yes, there’s two of ‘em) SOLD
M-Pro 84, 163cm - List £540. Sale £330 SOLD
M-Vertical Pro Open, 170cm - List £440. Sale £270 SOLD
M-Vertical Open, 170cm - List £320. Sale £199 SOLD
M-Tour 99, 178cm – List £600. Sale £365 SOLD
M-Tour 87 CA, 171cm – List £480. Sale £295 SOLD
M-Tour 86 Open, 175cm – List £400. Sale £250 SOLD
M-Vertical Open, 162cm – List £320. Sale £199 SOLD

VOLKL
Specs/prices to follow re the remaining skis in the next few days

BLIZZARD
All were brand new for the OktoberTest. None of the Thunderbirds are for sale. All available immediately.

Firebird RC CA + TPC 10 Demo bindings, 172cm. List £470. Sale £329.
Phoenix 7.7 + TLT 10 Demo bindings, 160cm. List £400. Sale £280.
Phoenix S R13 CA + TPC 11 Demo W bindings, 160cm. List £500. Sale £350. SOLD
Firebird TI + TPC 10 Demo bindings, 172cm. List £530. Sale £371. SOLD
Firebird RTI + TPC 12 Demo bindings, 170cm. List £600. Sale £420. SOLD

The following are brand new 21/22 sample skis, in the flat without bindings. I’d be happy to put together suitable ski plus alpine/touring binding packages etc.

Brahma 82 180cm. List 500. Sale £350.
Brahma 88 177cm. List £550. Sale £380.
Black Pearl 82 166cm. List £450. Sale £315.
Black Pearl 97 165cm. List 550. Sale £380.
Rustler 9 180cm. List £450. Sale £315.
Sheeva 10 172cm. List £475. Sale £330.
Sheeva 9 164cm. List £425. Sale £295.
Zero G 085, 171cm. List £550. Sale 380.
Rustler Team (Jnr) 148cm. £250. £175.
Firebird Jnr 110cm c/w FDT Jr 4.5 bindings. List £170. Sale £120.

WHITEDOT
The Whitedot demo fleet will be sold off after the EoSB next April.

PURE FREERIDE DESIGN
These have all been skied for a few weeks (hence the mega discount) but will be serviced by me. All available immediately. As pictured a few posts below, left to right:

175cm All Mountain Charger. List £1150 flat. Sale £399 without bindings or £499 with Salomon Warden 13 MNC Demo bindings SOLD
182cm All Mountain Charger. List £1150 flat. Sale £465 with Marker Griffon Demo bindings (worm drive, alpine soles only)
186 Big Mountain Charger. List £1150 flat. Sale £399 without bindings or £499 with Salomon Warden 13 MNC Demo bindings SOLD
194cm Big Mountain Charger. List £1150 flat. Sale £465 with Marker Griffon Demo bindings (worm drive, alpine soles only)
192cm Powder Charger. List £1150 flat. Sale £465 with Marker Griffon Demo bindings (worm drive, alpine soles only)

K2/LINE
The sale of the K2/Line demo skis is being handled directly by the UK Agent so please contact him directly at andy @ blackpeaktrading.com

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 17-11-21 20:19; edited 30 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hi, i was wondering what you have and what sort of prices are we looking at please?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon wrote:
........Specs/prices to follow in the next few days:

alpineskier rolling eyes wink

The Dynastar and PFD lists will be up this evening.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon wrote:

DYNASTAR
Before anyone asks non of the race ski demo's are available, ie the WC SL/GS or the Master SL/GS etc.

That's quite the relief for my bank balance! Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

DYNASTAR

Probably still being demoed by a snowhead Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
pieman666 wrote:

Probably still being demoed by a snowhead Smile

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Dynastar's offering now listed above.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Can one expect any Volkl Deacon 74s to make their way on the list?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
barracuda wrote:
Can one expect any Volkl Deacon 74s to make their way on the list?

Nope, as the Deacon 74 is no longer a current model. We only had demo's from the current Deacon range (V-Werks, 80, XTD, XT, 75, Master 76/72) but I'm still awaiting the info from Volkl as to what's being sold. If you want to get first dibs on one of the skis (should they come available from the list here: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/skibase.php?skibrand=Volkl ) then PM me.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@spyderjon, The Deacon 80 was very nice.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I can be grown up, don't mind a bit of homework & not bothered about co-ordinating. There is probably no way I would get purchasing permission so best not ask Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@spyderjon, the Deacon V werks were fantastic. But maybe out of my price range
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dutch Carl wrote:
@spyderjon, the Deacon V werks were fantastic. But maybe out of my price range

I can invoice them as Makita kit wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

DYNASTAR

That is both bad news and good news Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Don't worry@Tubaski, he still has a small supply of them Laughing
snow report
@spyderjon, Haaa Was hoping for Mac Allister prices. Great to catch up. And thanks To Ads and the team for putting on a great event. I couldn't believe how excited I was standing down bottom looking up the hill .Going up then coming in about 10 seconds. If only s£* would last that long.
snow report

PFD ex-demo skis for sale
ski holidays
@Tubaski, Did you try the new Masters GS ski? Im intrigued by that one as the old Rossi 9GS (the precursor to the Master series) are my favourite skis and they have similar turn radius to the current version of the Masters.
snow report
@skimottaret, yes, it was my favourite ski of the test, I thought it was bloody brilliant!
latest report
Me too @skimottaret and it was excellent, it seems that it scanned in as a Dynastar - Speed WC SL (165) rather than the 179 Masters GS
snow report
Interesting, I have a pair of the older version of 185 Masters in 23 M radius for GS duties and might have to try a pair of 179 for tech skis. cheers
snow conditions
pieman666 wrote:
Me too @skimottaret and it was excellent, it seems that it scanned in as a Dynastar - Speed WC SL (165) rather than the 179 Masters GS

I concur. It was my favourite ski of the day, and was also registered as the SL ski.
snow report
Did anyone NOT love the Masters GS?
ski holidays
Is it really possible to test a proper GS ski in a dome? You run out of space/corridor to get them moving pretty rapidly. I could footle around with pivoty style turns but actually riding a tipped edge there were consequences to deal with
snow report
@Dave of the Marmottes, Yeah no problem if you can make decent short radius turns on stiff boards, the 179's are 19M radius and if you can bend a ski should be plenty of room to make some turns.
ski holidays
It's not actually a proper GS ski, as it's turn radius is 17m but as you say I certainly didn't try and go full chat on it.
ski holidays
pieman666 wrote:
It's not actually a proper GS ski, as it's turn radius is 17m but as you say I certainly didn't try and go full chat on it.

Yep, 15/17/19/21m radius relative to the 169/173/179/183cm lengths.
snow report
@Dave of the Marmottes, definitely can get some decent turns in. I was on 173's with the 17m radius (not sure if that was the only size there?)

You're probably looking around 5 or 6 decent turns, first 30 or so metres is pretty straight line to pick up some speed, obviously no match for being in the alps, but you could still get a good sense of how they felt.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yeah I only tried Volkl 180 racetigers and by the time I'd messed around at the top then tried hooking them up I was getting outside ski locked in without having done anything sensible on the inside (largely lack of concentration/looking out for other skiers and mounds of snow) which was... erm... challenging
ski holidays
Those PFDs look very, very nice! I DON'T NEED MORE SKIS !! but how much does the all mtn weigh??
ski holidays
@Dave of the Marmottes, those racetigers were a 19m radius which makes it slightly trickier. I enjoyed them too, but not as much as the Dynastars.
ski holidays
Tried the Racetigers and the Dynastar masters GS in 19m radius. Very much preferred the Dynastars.
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
Those PFDs look very, very nice! I DON'T NEED MORE SKIS !! but how much does the all mtn weigh??

kitenski, their traditional looks but latest tech full carbon/bamboo lay-up brings the 182cm All Mtn Charger in at a very gamey 1620g per ski for a 100mm width underfoot and their rocker/camber/flat profile and 22m radius makes them a perfect freeride touring ski.
ski holidays
The vokl kendo 88 were my favorite but would be interested in seeing what price the dynastar speed zone ti could be got for in comparison Puzzled . Can't have both. Such a pity. Skullie
snow report
Blizzard ex-demo prices now added to my OP.
snow conditions
Whitedot are delaying the sale of their demo fleet until after the EoSB next April.
snow report
oh great more testing, how am I supposed to resist Laughing
ski holidays
I think my bank accouint should be thanking whomever bough the 175 AMC PFD's before I saw this post, given while they were great fun, they also fill a hole in my ski collection already filled by my (never seen snow; bloody covid Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad ) altums...
latest report
Last call for the sale of the ex-demo skis above before the trade reps offer them to the retailers.
ski holidays
Just added some brand new 21/22 Blizzard sample all mountain skis at bargain prices to my original post.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy